1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Workshop Thread: What are you working on?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by jusk, Apr 26, 2023.

1. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is intended as a place for anyone to share whatever they are working on - new mods, progress updates (no matter how small) - anything you think may not (yet) need a separate thread, or where you just want to share what you're up to.

Please keep it within the guidelines provided for this subforum.

This was prompted by some conversations with @MartinezLJ and @Scar666. I'll share a bit of my own WIP shortly to get the ball rolling - looking forward to seeing what others are doing. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jusk

To kick off, here's what I'm working on - a Ferrari 641 to add to the F-Classic Gen3 (1990) grid:
    [Image removed by jusk]
    Edit: this mod has been canned as I found out the model was stolen.

This is a learning project for me, so it will take as long as it takes (big hat-tip to @MartinezLJ for guiding me through the process).

To avoid any weird speculation, this is a scratch model acquired with a license that permits this sort of usage. It is not from another game. [Edit: Actually, the model was stolen from ASR Formula :/]

The car's physics will derive from other F-Classic models, with some modifications to reflect the specifics of the real car - with a view to it fitting in well with the rest of the Gen3 class.
    [Image removed by jusk]

The plan is for the mod to be an optional addition to a forthcoming F-Classic Gen3 liveries and AI pack that I am putting together in collaboration with some of the talented crew behind several existing liveries/AI packs. If this mod is used, two of the original Gen3 slots will be freed up for additional 1990 teams/cars.
    [Image removed by jusk]

So far, the model is up and running in game - but there is a long list of details still to be addressed.
    :)

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

This is so freakin` awesome! I love these Classic F1 cars in AMS 2. Seems like a really great mod!

And it's awewsome to know that i'm not the only one who actually wants more open wheelers, even in the current state of the game, as opposed to more GT3 / GT4 cars.

One thing, though. Did you guys consider making this another class, versus this being a part of F Classic gen 3? Or will this be a "one and done" F1 car, so works best as an addition? Anyway, i am excited. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jusk

For this car, adding it to the 1990 class seems the best option. I have no plans to make an entire 1990 grid - and we already have Reiza's 1990 McLaren and Williams-ish models, so the addition of this car will hopefully add some more 1990 flavour.

There are some extra things we might do at some point to rearrange the existing Reiza models/carslots and add more of the back-marker teams further down the line, but I don't plan to add more new models for the foreseeable. (Though if anyone owns or wants to make a model for another 1990 car - do get in touch!)

• Like Like x 6
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've got a few dishes in the works and my focus is on textures and physics...

Everyone knows the main 2 that will continue to have my main focus... WSC Group C 1989 and Indycar 2023...

The side dishes include

- An expanded BTCC JCW Mini skin pack, which will come without ABS but with extra set up options and expanded livery options for added realism...
    - A similar BTCC mod for the Sprint Race with physics to bring the 2 cars level...
    - A Stockcar generations pack for more fun on the ovals...
    - An expanded Super_V8 grid that will include more Holden legends skins alongside my weird Super_V8 skins with expanded livery options for added realism...
    - An expanded Formula 12s grid with added livery and physics options for added realism...
    - And compliments to the F1 Ferrari 1990 mod and F-Classic 1990 skinpack in the form of re-purposing other F-Classic models for the backmarkers and making them genuinely slower in the physics department...

If anyone gets inspired to help with skins on any of these projects please feel free to get in touch as I'd really love to get these out quicker and the testing of physics is like a new toy to me so that'll be my main focus going forwards...

If anyone wants to contribute a model to help increase the scratch made cars in AMS2 that would take these ideas to another level please get in touch...

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 8
  6. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

Indycar IR-18
    We're aiming to make this the most immersive sim racing IndyCar experience. Here's what's in the oven:
    Further enhancements to the model:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3rd Steering Wheel based off the custom Cosworth MK1 most drivers use:
    upload_2023-5-2_14-31-19.png

Short Oval, Speedway, & Indy 500 Specs with their respective aero options implemented this year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indy 500 Special liveries:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And more importantly, further physics revisions based on the feedback received from the community.

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Like Like x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do you have an estimated ETR?

8. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

It's taking some time since we're putting together the 3 different specs with their respective model, liveries, and physics. So its still a few weeks away, the goal is to have the release before the Indy 500 at the end of the month.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Racinglegend1234

Another question, can you use the unreleased Indycar’s physics because it apparently is “still in the game”?

10. Scar666

no

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Scar666

So I'm trying to get the boring stuff for my vanilla mods out of the way... Cloning and setting up the files so I can work on the physics and liveries side...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

How many mods do you have in pipeline? Seems like you have a lot of time for mod making

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Scar666

See post #5 of this thread...

Time is easy when you work for yourself... ;)

14. Scar666

Another project underway...

[​IMG]

The 80s one is all about physics adjustments... I just need to find a decent dyno from before '87...

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  15. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, this is so awesome.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Anyone working on some lmp2 prototypes like the ligiers ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Scar666

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
  18. Racinglegend1234

VOLVO!!!!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Scar666

It seems like the AI has no trouble passing at the Sudschleife... Why do I find it so hard? lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it hard cuz I’m shatting myself every time I do a lap there

• Funny Funny x 2