1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I Like & Dislike About Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tarmac Terrorist, Jan 5, 2021.

1. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

I think you have to save the replay then play back when you are in 2D mode currently. The Microsoft Flight sim is very good for hopping in and out of VR>2D, you just map a button and you can quickly flick between the two. Ironically though, it doesn't have a replay function yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Active Member

I tried your suggestion but indeed it’s not comfortable if you have to quit whole game, quit all VR-software (Pi-Tool, SteamVR), turn off Pimax-headset and restart game in 2D mode just for watching replay on monitor. But the TV replay cams are really great. Unfortunately they aren’t available at all in VR mode. I hope Reiza will add them for VR users too in future updates; even an option to watch TV-replay in 2D would be nice (shown directly in headset on a huge screen and/or on monitor if you take off headset).

But I found out that everytime I watch a replay it saves a copy!? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? For example: after I watched a replay 2 times and go to replays (click on the camera icon in the main menu), where I can select a saved video to watch, it offers this video 3 times (the original one plus the copies of the 2 times I already watched it...)

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Hargreaves

Yes I think the replay is still slightly buggy it does that for me too

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

replay system needs a LOT of work, its one of the worst in any racing game. That particular bug is there since the saving was introduced.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. John Hargreaves

I enjoy watching the replays I think they really capture the excitement of the race, but the system as a whole is definitely rough around the edges.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Active Member

And again it gets better! Opala diff works as you'd expect, New Stocks are great, G58 feels so good, Group C even better. A.I. better in the wet but still drop in ability compared to their dry weather driving at same skill level, but its all going in the right direction. Bravo Reiza! (Can we have a Vauxhal Lotus Carlton please, Please, PLEASE with cherrys on top and stuff:whistle:)

7. Tarmac Terrorist

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Sorry for late reply, somehow missed this. Sure, just save the replay after you've finished your race, ther is an option to do this if you go to "view replay" at top left there is then an option to save (its an icon), save it. Jump out of VR, reboot game in normal mode, go to replays and it will be the most recent replay, once you've watched it you can then delete it to save disk space

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Im absoloutely loving getting to know the Lotus, its just fanatastic, A.I. need a calibration pass, but im sure that will come. But that car (especially around 1970's Spielberg), Wow what a ride!