1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time trail times not uploading

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by ruan, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ruan

ruan New Member

hey guys! set a time trail lap time on Nordschleife today!
    Works again. ( tested on Nordschleife )
    amazing track!!!

2. Edward Alvarez

Edward Alvarez SonOfSniglet

I'm now having the same issue with Formula V12, Brands Hatch. No personal best times saved, no time trials saved or uploaded, and my friends do not have this issue. Ive reinstalled AMS2, but want to see if deleting/removing the settings files may do the trick.
    No issues in creating multiplayer games or joining them, so its not a firewall/security issue.

Its very annoying.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@Edward Alvarez I dont know if you can use this - but ½ year back I had a lot of issues about 50% of my TT not uploading and also a lot of times the TT replays didnt upload(icon was empty).
    Then I got a new cable modem - and voila no problems whatsoever after that with upload of TT times & replays.

ByTheWay: Im not saying its your modem - but except your firewall/anti thing then it COULD be something with the "quality" of your connection.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edward Alvarez

@BrunoB interesting. My connection wont be the problem, I have 250/50 connection and its super fast. I may look into the router and see if anything funky is going on there, otherwise I will disable all firewalls and antivirus and try again. Could be something stupid like that. Cheers!

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have this problem with some track-car combinations, and have solved a few by going faster then i was going before the Time-Trial reset (some months ago?), still a few combinations to go.
    I also had his problem with the Nordschleife without doing any laps before, but this is solved.by reiza i think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Edward Alvarez

So i can confirm its *only* Brands Hatch with Formula V12 for me. Any other car on the circuit sets a time no problem. I have done times with Formula Ultimate and AJM no problem and they appear on the leaderboard.

The issue will be my time before was 1:04 something.... world record now in 1:06.9... and i can hot 1:08 easy but stringing a 1:04 will be impossible.

I also learned that Personal Bests or session bests arent being saved either, no matter what I do.... so i cant even race against myself.... :(
    I can try and save a replay maybe if that might help Reiza...

7. BrunoB

Hehe if thats the case then you can fully disreguard my suggestion about your connections quality as some kind of cause.

ByTheWay: "Quality" of connection is not the same as speed ;).

8. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this issue with a GT1 car at Brasil, and a Formula Classic at Adelaide where my laptimes aren't there.

Not a big deal for me but it seems to be many so I'll add to the record.

9. Edward Alvarez

Understood - and my connection is quite good quality, low ping and no dropouts/lost packets.

But I have done much more extensive testing, and it is 100% limited to only this track combo (Brands Hatch, Formula V12).

I have tried everything from my end - reinstalled AMS2, changed steam name, disabled firewalls... not sure what else I can try.

Is there any way for Reiza to check the database and see if my old times are hidden in there, preventing me from posting a time?

As mentioned, even personal bests or session best times are not being recorded, meaning I cannot even save my ghosts to race against myself.

Im insisting so much because this is by far my most favourite track combo, and I have been racing this since Game Stock Car...

10. BrunoB

I understand your frustration - because as you describe it it must be a bug in Reizas end.
    Meaning: A bug in the game.:confused:
    Checking other posts about this issue it sounds like its only certain combis of track/cars that launch the bug.

ByTheWay: Personally Im so fortunated that the car I prefer at the moment (F-Reiza) is congretulated by 100% uploads on LBs - every time I set a new world record :p:p

11. Edward Alvarez

I would agree that it is a bug, but if it was, I wouldn't be the only one affected. I have 3 friends who are posting times, and the only difference I can think of is that I have posted a 1:04 back in the day and that is somehow still hidden in the database somewhere, preventing me to record a time.

I will investigate further.... but I really would like if possible for Reiza to check the database for my SteamID number and see if there is anything there that could be corrupting this. Just no idea how to even begin this process!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ruan

ruan New Member

It seems whatever OLD ATTEMPTS i try and beat, i cannot change.
    it DOES NOT save any new attempts for whatever old attempts i had ( early 2020 )
    track + car combination.

And in some cases because of the physics changes, i can't really go faster than prev lap times :(

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BrunoB

I would try to report it to Reiza - because if you are right (I guess so) then it is actually impossible for you to use the TT challenge as it is supposed too_O

14. BrunoB

Afterthought: Maybe I after all has some kind of advice that is useable to sidestep this issue.
    Today I have used some time in TT mode on Nordschleife with the F-Reiza.
    For some reason the game crashed twice while on track.
    Every time the latest session fastest was not saved/uploaded!
    My guess is - and I have posted it before - that AMS2 does only upload your latest and fastest laptime when you exit the session!
    And exit it 100% "normal"
    (and polite:p)

ByTheWay: Personally I mostly use Restart Session to be able to save the used setup with a new name - and then exit + exit the TT session. Using this sequence I have lately been sure that my new personal bests have been uploaded - every time.:D

15. Edward Alvarez

This is the exact issue we have been trying to describe since the beginning. I am well aware of the issues that occur with some car/track combinations (refer to my post many moons ago on this same track/car combination on V0.9.1.0 patch - Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0 RELEASED!) and this occurred due to incorrectly placed Start/Finish lines in the track model, preventing timing from occurring.
    This happened to everyone, not individuals. Now this issue I am describing is occurring exclusively to me on Brands Hatch with the Formula V12. If you go today and try and set up a Time Trial lap, I can guarantee you, the time will be recorded. For the record, my friends are in the top 5 times, (Acker and Vents on the leaderboard), and this is what is frustrating me further.

Bruno, can you expand your "ByTheWay" steps on how to exit the session correctly? Possibly screenshot it so we can try and replicate the steps exactly?

16. Edward Alvarez

Also, how are we supposed to report this to Reiza if not through this forum? There is no direct report method for individuals from what I can see...

17. BrunoB

Come on my good man.
    This was a stepwise description.:D

Trying anyway.
    If you after a new PB in a TT session want to rename the used setup then you HAVE to restart the session.
    When you have restarted then just make a slight name change of the setup - and now politely Exit the session - so you now is back to the LB list.

ByTheWay: I cant describe it further my good man;)