1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Reiza: Three important and low effort improvements requested

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lexx VR, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

1. Auto-continue timer between practice/quali/race sessions

Often, the "host" player is selected without their knowledge because the previous host leaves the session, and is not expecting/aware or in the habit of being host. They don't realize they need to hit "continue", and everyone waits forever or leaves for greener pastures. This happens WAY too often, is frustrating for everyone, and could be easily solved with an auto-advance between sessions, possibly with a countdown timer.

2. Move the just-completed lap information off-center in VR

In VR, when completing a lap in practice/quali, the timing appears prominently and directly in the center of the screen, blocking the view of the horizon and T1 for the next hot lap. Move this up and out of the way, maybe just below the "relative lap timing" widget in the HUD.

3. Allow adjustment of VR World Scale in the Settings UI

This is important for those using corrective lenses, and can vary significantly depending on prescription strength and distance from the eyes of the lenses. When switching from prescription inserts to contact lenses, or another user who doesn't need glasses, this must be adjusted in order to preserve a 1:1 feeling of being in the car.

This is currently adjustable, but requires quitting the game and modifying the openvrsettings.xml file in the Documents folder:

<prop name="IPD_Scale" data="0.766269" />

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You can already do this using the in-game HUD editor. :)

Other than that, I agree with your other two requests, especially the first.

3. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

This a must in all racing games.

Last weekend I created a server and after the seventh race, without knowing there was no auto-continue, I stopped to have some dinner - but kept online hosting the server, that had more or less 12 drivers.

When I came back, everybody had disconnected from my server and the game was stuck in my "continue" screen. :(