1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Reiza: What physics do you actually want?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Richard Wilks, Jan 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve been doing a lot of max speed work on old spa like others and the speeds can only be made by using lots of boost to the point where you throw the engine out after one lap. This is the advantage of a virtual world .
    but then when i tried the PC2 version on default setup it was easily able to match the speeds without any forced overboost.

so once again the main body of your evidence is flawed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

..What are you talking about?... You have a long straight, you do a few tests, even if you dont have the exact drag number ,if you have roughly the power and the top speed, you do a few runs and you have it set. You can even calculate the drag ballpark beforehand... this is not arrogant, its just fact.

3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1986 F1 cars have a too low drag coefficient, meaning that you can pile on the wings with no penalty, plus a lack of loss of downforce with aero yaw meaning that it self stabilizes inmediately.

I exposed all this stuff in a thread a year ago, when this was a common trend in all open wheelers. For some reason, most of them were revised, but not the 1986 ones in AMS2.

Formula Classic Gen 1 - Aero acting weird?

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Wilks

I didnt do the Pcars2 car, nor do i ever commented its drag.

GO do that on my AMS1 car then, i will be waiting patiently.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So that is what this is about. I finally get it. I was confused but now I understand. You are pissed because the AMS2 version came out and received lots of praise from many including someone who drove the car in real life and by some youtubers including GPLaps.

But the problem is that is different from your mod and now you are attacking the AMS2 mod. Thank you for making sense of all of this nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Richard Wilks

I have no idea what you mean by that... my mod has been out for years... and its not my fault if the top speeds make more sense with real life than the AMS2 one does.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes but Reiza just released their version and you don't like it is different from your own.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Richard Wilks

I don't like it because it's wrong. And i explained why in the last 24 pages.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The Lotus 98T is a blast in AMS2...

How is this thread still going???

Staff must be on holidays...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

@Richard Wilks on one side i understand you but on the the other side i don't.....you or we have to understand that Reiza is way behind the schedule of the development of AMS2.... they have some great big trouble with the game engine and other things....i think that the developers of Reiza do a great job....i know its weird to see what's happened with AMS2 when we came from AMS1 (for me still the best feeling sim) most of us have expected that AMS2 came out and blow us away, this is not happened but i still have the faith on the Reiza guys..... I assume that in the beginning i was angry about AMS2 and Reiza and the fact that Nils Heusinkveld was not more on the boat with Reiza was also a downgrade for the development but it is what it is and we have to trust on the work of this people at Reiza Studios....I haven't seen one game or sim out there that one laptime is like in real life, we are not Senna's or Schumacher's....we are people behind a screen without any input of G-Forces or fear or other things whe can restart any race or lap without problems.....so please when you have some issues with AMS2 so put this on the Bug report thread and you will help Reiza much more then what you do for now......

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Richard Wilks

I do apreciate the work Reiza does, and my comment about "devs should do a better work" was more about the reference to AC, which was never fixed in that, rather than AMS2, which i know is still very much WIP of course. Renato himself said the Lotus 98T is on course for improvements, so thats why, together with the fact that this issue was raised before, that i didnt feel necessary to report a bug regarding this. But i do have faith that Reiza will come to it eventually of course.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Paulo Frazao

Reiza will of course fix all this weird things i have this faith.....i think they know that the lap times and the speed are not correct for now but they will fix this for sure.....and i think we missed the qualy Tyres on the MP 4/4 and i hope they will bring this to the game also they did on AMS1....

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Richard Wilks

Actually, to be fair with Reiza, the mp4/4 didnt had qualy tires in 1988, Goodyear didnt provide them since they were the sole supplier.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This thread is a gift that just keeps on giving

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Paulo Frazao

Man what are you talking about....in 1988 they had qualy tires of course.....are you serious?

Please show this video....

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Richard Wilks

Here the moment the goodyear manager says that Qualy tires were BACK for 1989, after not being there in 1988:

17. Paulo Frazao

Man please show this video they are people who talking about things that they know.....the chief mechanic talking about the qualy tires......

18. Richard Wilks

The Goodyear manager says qualy tires were back for 1989 with the return of Pirelli. He says there point blank. In a period interview. I have more sources printed that say this. Memories of people get hazy after 35 years.

19. Stanj2

Stanj2 New Member

This has been an interesting thread. I hope Reiza continue to develop the physics and mostly the AI going forward. I can deal with the wonkiness of some of the cars with patient setup etc. and believing that Reiza will fix them as time goes on. There is a lot to love and it keeps getting better. However I must say that taking Richard's suggestion of trying the 98T and Group C cars on the vintage and comp tires in PC2, which I had always written off in the past, was an absolute blast. The cars truly come alive once those tires reach operating temperature. At 100% boost at Silverstone historic and Spa historic the fun of pushing the front and feeling the front tires chatter, tap dancing like Senna on the throttle and really having to work both ends was really fun. (thanks to POPS Racer FFB files for great feedback) Spinning up the tires on boost in a straight line is what race cars do and controlling a slide exiting a turn requires finesse not magic. Senna modulated turbo boost by tapping the throttle to keep boost up, and lag down, without overpowering the tires grip. I started at the back and worked through the field without getting tagged and it was fun racing. I am looking forward to AMS2 getting there. AMS2 has been more of a hot lap chasing somewhat sterile sim for me for awhile. I love it in a lot of ways but I have raced the AI from 100-120%, low to max aggression and getting rammed from behind when blocked by 3 wide AI cars in front tends to dampen my enthusiasm at times. The level and settings don't seem to cure the problem. I can outrun them in practice but in the race it is a free for all as many know. The potential is there it will just take some time to get polished. Reiza will do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The PCars2 Group C cars are total garbage and rotate around a center point like a top.

• Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1