1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track layouts to receive AI line redos

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thread originally created in the Paddock Club for AMS2 Beta, now moved to open forum so all users can contribute.

For v1.5 we are revising AI lines in several track layouts for which the current lines aren´t optimal.

Any layout in which the AI performance is significantly too slow or inconsistent, and / or seem to drive considerably more erratically or the lines clip grass or curbs too hard when driving alone than others are up to having a redo - if you come accross a layout with such issues which isn´t already listed below please post it here.

This is the list of tracks that at this point are planned to receive or have already received as of the latest beta (marked in bold) AI line updates.
    • Adelaide
    • Adelaide Historic
    • Azure
    • Brands Hatch GP
    • Brands Hatch Indy
    • Brasilia
    • Brasilia External
    • Buenos Aires (6s, 12, 15 layouts)
    • Cadwell Park
    • Campo Grande
    • Cascavel
    • Cleveland
    • Curvelo (both layouts)
    • Cascais
    • Cascais Historic *
    • Daytona Speedway
    • Fontana Speedway *
    • Gateway Speedway
    • Goiania
    • Hockenheim Historic 1976
    • Hockenheim Historic 1988 *
    • Hockenheim Historic 2001
    • Imola Historic 1972
    • Imola Historic 1988
    • Imola Historic 2001
    • Imola
    • Interlagos
    • Interlagos Historic
    • Indianapolis Speedway
    • Indianapolis Road Course
    • Jacarepagua Historic
    • Jerez (both layouts)
    • Jerez Historic
    • Kansai (GP, West, East, Classic layouts)
    • Laguna Seca
    • Londrina (both layouts)
    • Kyalami Historic
    • Montreal
    • Montreal 1988
    • Montreal 1991
    • Monza 1971
    • Monza 1991
    • Monza 2020
    • Nurburgring 2020 GP
    • Nurburgring 2020 Veedol
    • Nurburgring RX
    • Nurburgring Historic Sudschleife
    • Oulton Park International
    • Oulton Park Classic
    • Oulton Park Island
    • Road America (both layouts)
    • Silverstone 1991 *
    • Silverstone 2001
    • Silverstone 2020
    • Snetterton 300
    • Snetterton 200
    • Spa Francorchamps 2022
    • Spa Francorchamps Historic 1993
    • Spielberg
    • Spieberg Historic (both layouts)
    • Velopark (both layouts)
    • VIR
    • VIR North
    • Watkins Glen (all layouts)
    Bold tracks with * have some persisting issues and are to receive another redo.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Watkins Glen

Overall at 120 they feel pretty slow through most of the track.

No idea if you want something like this or not but I figured I would include it.

Watkins Glen International: Using this for reference: Watkins Glen International - Wikipedia

Turn 1 too slow which makes them slow on 2, 3 and 4 which doesn't help down the back straight.
    Turn 5 they slow down heavily half way through
    Turn 7 Fine on going into the turn but around the apex and exiting they are slow.
    Turn 8 Slow and too much side by side so the inner AI always pulls dirt onto the track
    Turn 10 Slow going in
    Turn 11 Slow in and out so slow down the front straight

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imola is pretty bad in all the Formula Gens, they go off road, bounce on the kerbs in the chicanes and tend to overtake themselves by barging against each other. They race fine against the player, but between themselves, nope! Their speed is fine, they are just too erratic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Road America is one that needs looking at I think.
    The AI always end up crashing into each other in turn 4 (I think it's 4) - that first tight left hander

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Interlagos 1976 is another pretty bad one, the AI lose two seconds on the start-finish straight with the F-Retros, because they seemingly don't accelerate out of the last corner and can't take start-finish flat out. Also, they lose a lot in T1, which they approach weirdly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nuburgring GP/Veedol: the brake after Schumacher S (turn ¿10, 11? ¿Kuhmo?), AI usually brake too soon.

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Keep it coming folks, already managed to verify some suggestions and add them to the list, and now marked in bold the ones that have already received updates as of the current Beta.

Still to check on the ones mentioned in these posts so they may still make the list.

Road America lines seem fine, some points of excessive AI atrition are purely behavior-related.

• Like Like x 4
  9. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni
    When I do those AI reports would you recommend using no custom AI parameters?

10. Dicra

I can support Kyalami 1976, where, similarly to Interlagos 1976, they have a lot of trouble with the final corner, where they lose 5-6 tenths to the player.

Another one is Jacarepagua 1988, the AI are very slow in the middle of Sol (T6), then go through the following S astoundingly quickly (but maybe I'm the problem in that one) and lose another few tenths out of T9.

EDIT: Oh, and not sure if relevant here, but AI love to crash into the tire barriers at the chicanes of Oulton Park and cause huge pile-ups.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

Londrina, the short version. In the first turn, the chicane, i can gain a few tenths on the AI, by braking earlier then them, and applying throttle earlier. I do race on 97 AI difficulty, so a better driver might have to double check this.
    AI also feels a bit too fast, maybe, in the last 2corners of the track.

Both these issues can be reproduces with several car classes, from classic DTM, to P3s, to classic F1 cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes by all means correct, Oulten is an AI killer in the chicanery

13. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Although Cascais Historic has already had AI improvements (their most significant slowness through the final corner having been addressed), I'm still finding them a bit slow in places, particularly in GT3s and Porsche Cup. I think they lose most time at T1 - they are braking at around 200m when I can easily leave it until about 100m, so they are losing 0.5+ secs and it's a very easy overtake. They are generally not very aggressive on the brakes. T4 also tends to be quite an easy overtake - they leave the inside line wide open most of them time.

14. James Manning

James Manning Member AMS2 Club Member

Road America with GTEs the AI cut the corners too much causing them to go on two wheels or bounce into other cars when hitting the kerps

15. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

spilberg 1977 AI making erratic move between pit and turne 1 P,Q after exiting the pits

Attached Files:

16. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

F-Inter at Brasilia Outer

Default date, heavy rubber, 5 minute Q, 5 lap race, AI @ 100/High, default set up.

I got pole by 1.6 seconds (S1 +0.9, S2 +0, S3 +0.7) and won the race by 10-11 seconds. Was 3 seconds ahead after first lap. (And I am very averagely paced). I repeated from the back of the grid and drove slowly so I could see how the AI are...

AI are slow through and out of turns 1, 4 and 5. Turn 2 they're not so bad and T3 is full speed anyway. They seemed quite well behaved but do go over the high inside kerbs, with two wheels on the grass often. This is mostly at T1, 4 and 5 again.

17. whokilledduncan

F-Inter at Campo Grande

Default date, heavy rubber, 5 minute Q, 5 lap race, AI @ 100/High, default set up.

I got pole by 0.8 seconds (0.2-0.3 up in each sector) and won the race easily, though only by about 3 seconds.Repeated from back of grid and driving slowly:

AI brake a little early into T1 I'd say, but overall were braking better into corners than me but were always slower on the straights. The left hand hairpin near the end of the lap is the worst area, where they are losing easily half a second. Didn't see them go on the grass very often, except when running two or three wide into a turn.

18. whokilledduncan

F-Inter at Cascavel

I got pole by 0.925 seconds (S1 +0.15, S2 -0.13, S3 +0.9) and won the race by 8.4 seconds, with fastest lap by 1.8 seconds. (I am very averagely paced). I repeated from the back of the grid and drove through the field to see how the AI are...

AI are very slow through and out of turns 5 and 7. They seemed well behaved and only went on the grass a little when fighting side by side.

19. jussis

jussis Member AMS2 Club Member

GTEs at Snetterton 300, AI runs to grass when side by side on Riches (T1) and Palmer (T3). Line seems better if AI alone. I have seen AI running on grass on both places also with other classes and with other configurations in T1.

AI is braking little bit too early for Oggies compared to me and running little bit slow at Coram. This is also more noticable when AI running in group. Otherwise pace at 100 AI is pretty similar to me.

20. Dicra

Guys, I'm not sure on this, but I interpreted this thread as "let's get rid of the biggest discrepancies". So reporting everything that isn't _quite_ right is just going to clutter this.

• Agree Agree x 1