1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track layouts to receive AI line redos

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 26, 2023.

1. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To follow up as I was just going to put some info about Snetterton 300

AI at 120 is not fast enough:

Reference: Snetterton Circuit - Wikipedia

Riches: Ok going in but slower apex and out. To much side by side and the outer AI always pulls dirt onto the track.
    Montreal: AI can brake later but they don't so they are slow going in
    Agostini: AI Can brake later so slow in
    Hamilton: Bad and or slow line through
    Oggies: AI can brake later so slow in and out
    Brundle: AI are ok going into but slow out
    Nelson: Slow in and to much side by side from Brundle to Nelson so the left most AI brings dirt onto the track
    Bomb Hole: Ok going in but slow on the apex and very slow out as they wander off to the left
    Coram: A little slow through here and could break later
    Murrays: Too much side by side so the inside AI always jump the apex curb and launch into the player/AI or across the exit of the turn

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Junior at Cadwell Park with AI skill level 91.

With default setup I gain 1 second on AI in turns 1 (Coppice) and 2 (Charlies), whilst the rest of the track we are quite even.

3. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also please read the first post and which tracks are already planned to be worked on or already have been updated. Cadwell is already on that list. :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fontana Sports car course

AI at 120 is not nearly fast enough. Using the F-USA 2023:

Reference: Auto Club Speedway - Wikipedia

Turn 3: AI can brake later and carry a bit more speed to the apex. Slow at the apex and a chunk of time can be made up here
    Turn 4: Slow in from turn 3 and can use a better line as a chunk of time can be made up here
    Turn 5: Ok going in but slow out so slow down the straight and into 6
    Turn 8: Can brake a little bit later and use more of a late apex to carry more speed out and through 9 and 10
    Turn 11: can brake later as time can be made up here
    Turn 12, 13, 14 and 15: All a bit slow
    Turn 16, 17: Slow from the previous turns so slow down the front start / finish.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I raced GT3 at modern estoril and thought they were a tad slow at turn 12, they should take that corner more aggressively. AI laptimes were a bit slower relative to me compared to other tracks. IMG_8948.png

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see Spielberg historic bolded, but the AI still has issues with the uphill right hander Dr Tiroch(very slow) and they also go off road often when stuck behind other cars, specially just before the Bosch Curve.

Tested with the Retro Gen2

Edit: Just saw that the bolded one is the chicane version, my mistake. However, while they are not slow on the Dr Tiroch corner, they still do go off road when stuck.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One more corner, the chicane at 5/6 at indy road course, cars need to take this corner much faster

IMG_8949.jpeg

8. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just done a race at long beach and on the first lap a lot of the AI were over the blue/yellow line on the entry to T1. I followed and got a track cut warning. I guess they should stay to the left of that line on lap 1 so maybe a line redo there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a couple of races against the AI in the GT3s at Spielberg Historic and with the revised AI lines, there are a couple of spots where they go slow when it's not necessary:
    • at 1, they seem to lift/hesitate when starting the ascent through this corner, so it's a simple overtake (or you run into them if not expecting it)
    • at 2, they brake through this slightly tricky corner but the GT3s are stable enough to take it flat out
    upload_2023-6-28_23-32-25.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

11. sampopel

I generally don't want to complain about the AI being too fast anywhere and I'm not sure if others will agree but I still find the AI a bit too consistently fast coming through the final corner at Goiania. Even if I nail the throttle as soon as possible coming through the initial part of the parabolica, at best I'll just about cling onto the tail of the cars ahead but usually find they pull out a big gap/cruise past me on the start/finish straight. I literally don't think I've ever gained a millisecond on any car here (other than if one of them makes a "deliberate" mistake), so I find it's nearly impossible to get a better exit to set up an overtaking opportunity down the straight.

EDIT: should have mentioned that the AI are slow going through Miolo and tend to go too wide here, making it a very easy overtake. They're not super fast gong through Bico de Pato and too easy to overtake going into the chicane/Esse.

Pretty much the same at the final corner of Velopark (ie. seems impossible to get a better exit than them) - although it also has bits where the AI are definitely too slow and is already on the list for revision.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Curvelo Long is another track with issues. I'm trouncing 120 AI by more than a second a lap on the Ginetta GT4. This is mostly due to the fact that they take that fast "S" way too slow, are generally into the two 180° corners in the middle sector and are far too slow in the third to last corner of the track.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. sampopel

14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that the AI at 100 is too slow on Termas de Rio Hondo as it takes curbs too slowly and brake earlier than necessary to take these curbs. Tested with Group A Mercedes and Porsche Cup (grid with same car in both cases). The AI is good but just a bit too slow.

15. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just done a 1hr race at Silverstone 2020 with the GT4s.

Overall this redo is very good. There was no AI pulling dirt onto the circuit at all. The pack spread out nicely with a few battles, a few single guys etc.

The only area for improvement I could see was the last sector, especially the last turn. As a player you can take it flat. But the AI seemed to turn in too late which meant they missed the apex by about a car's width and then required a slight lift. This makes it difficult to follow them, and easy to overtake on the start finish straight.

• Like Like x 2
  16. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Londrina Short, Group A (Mercs only), default set up, default date, 100 High. 10 minute Q and 5 lap race.

I got pole by 3.4 seconds, sector differences +1.6 / +1.3 / +0.5. The AI are very slow through and out of both chicanes. Their lines seemed okay but I did see one car almost flip going through the first chicane surrounded by other AI. They are good in the final two corners but I don't think too good - I can match them when I get it right.

17. whokilledduncan

M1 ProCar at Oulton Fosters - fun combo - AI 100 high, default set up, default date, default progressing, 5 minutes Q and 5 lap race. AI are slow coming out of Knicker Brook and heading up Clay Hill. They seem to lift and lose shedloads of time at the brow of the hill just before the kink left. You can pretty much game them by sticking to the left and passing a car or two easily there. Or if not far enough to the left you risk slamming hard into the back of another car. Although I did get hit and go off I think it was 50/50 my fault - on the whole they raced very well.

18. whokilledduncan

M1 ProCar at Jerez '88 - AI 100 high, default set ups and date, default progressing 5 minutes Q and 5 lap race. AI are pretty well balanced except for being very slow coming out of T8. (Exiting the chicane a third of the way into sector 2.

19. whokilledduncan

Daytona Oval, default date, default set up, progressing, 99AI with high aggression. 5 minute Q and 5 lap race....

F-USA Gen1 - I beat them easily, about 0.7 seconds per lap faster.
    F-USA Gen2 - Very evenly paced with me.
    F-USA Gen3 - I had no chance of coming anywhere except last. AI were about 0.8 seconds faster per lap.
    F-USA 2023 - AI just a bit too fast for me, 0.3-0.4 seconds per lap. This was the only class where I saw an issue with their behaviour - a couple of times half the field slowed down in what appeared to be them going four or five wide then all backing out. I also got punted into the wall once or twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

GT4 at Silverstone. AI is slow at Club and Brooklands, and a bit too fast when braking into Maggotts. 100AI, Aggression high.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1