1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track layouts to receive AI line redos

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I think we need a AI calibration for the Nordschleife. AI is driving a really strange line and there is a lot of side-by-side driving, special after Karussell all the way up to Döttinger Höhe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried Group C race at Kansai Classic with Group C cars (1.5.0.4 beta) at 110% strength. The AI was at least 3 seconds slower than me in sector 1 but on pace in sectors 2 & 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

As of the latest V1.5.0.7 beta, the following tracks have also received AI path redos:
    • Adelaide
    • Adelaide Historic
    • Cadwell Park
    • Daytona Speedway
    • Fontana Speedway
    • Gateway Speedway
    • Indianapolis Speedway
    • Indianapolis Road Course
    • Jacarepagua Historic 1988
    • Jacarepagua Historic 2005
    • Jacarepagua Oval
    • Jerez Historic
    • Kansai GP
    • Londrina (both layouts)
    • Kyalami Historic
    • Montreal Historic
    • Monza Historic GP 1971
    • Oulton Park International
    • Spa-Francorchamps 2022
    • Spa-Francorchamps 1993
    • Velopark 2010

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I think Jerez modern is missing in that list of tracks that still need some work. AI generally brakes a little too early for the hairpins and is very slow through the second of the two right handers before the two quick kinks. They also accelerate out of the hairpins faster than the player is able to (tested with V10G2).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

Will added Jerez to the list - feel free to keep suggestions coming.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hockenheim Historic needs some love, the AI have some trouble on the chicanes and their lines when wheel to wheel between themselves are too erratic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dicra

Adelaide Historic: AI brake too early for the last corner, allowing themselves to get divebombed by the player even if he's far behind.

Interlagos Historic: AI are far slower than the player in T2 and out of the last corner. They are also slower out of Subida do lago.

Other than that, I was really impressed by the other tracks I tested, especially Kyalami 1976, which now finally is a very viable option for great racing, and Jacarepagua Historic, which previously was one of the worst tracks in the game for AI performance and now feels as spot on as can be. Great work!

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AI are way too fast out of the final hairpin at Donington. Can this be added to the list?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mazdaspeed

Spa 1993 still needs work, in the F-Classic G1 the AI crash a lot on the bus stop chicane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Montreal Historic, in the F-Classic G2 on the last two very fast chicanes the AI bounce violently over the kerbs when following each other, often causing crashes. Also there seems to be a collision detection issue with these cars, will check on another track to see if its just here,but sometimes with a minor touch the AI just jumps into the air!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I 2nd Hockenheim, All the historic versions could use some love, the AI are very sloppy around those tracks for whatever reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dicra

Kansai GP still becomes a rallycross track after a few laps after 130 R and after T2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Brands Hatch - AI speed is generally ok but one noticeable weakness is that they are extremely easy to overtake going up the inside into T2-Druids because they very rarely defend this line. On lap 1 in particular, when they're still bunched, it's simple case of drive up the inside and gain numerous places because most of them stick to the outside line. But it's equally easy to pick off AI cars here on any lap. In real-life, drivers make an aggressive beeline for the inside line.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hockemheim: AI seem to be a bit too fast through the fast right turn entering the stadium, and in the last two right turns before the finish line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mazdaspeed

On the hairpin and on the very first corner as well, this one really needs some work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mazdaspeed

Monza 1971, the AI go off track constantly when close behind another car just before the Parabolica.

17. Renato Simioni

To be clear folks while the AI lines can help minimise AI off-track excursions (by staying clearer from internal track edges as we´ve been trying to adhere to in these redos) and generally improve their decision making while racing, they will still go off-track if they are crowded going into the corner to avoid other cars. We are trying to mitigate that issue through other means and it´s slightly improved for the next beta, but it will still happen under certain circumstances as will other behavioral flaws. The AI line redos are primarily about performance.

Today´s beta will feature new redos for Kansai GP and Interlagos Historic as those had issues that could be improved with a better line. The following tracks are also receiving redos:

Azure
    Goiania (full layout)
    Hockenheim Historic 1976
    Hockenheim Historic 1988
    Hockenheim Historic 2001
    Imola Historic 2001
    Imola
    Jerez Moto
    Jerez Chicane
    Monza

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
  18. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Renato Simioni

Added those BA layouts to the list.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Regarding the performance, is there a target laptime per track, per difficulty you guys are looking for? Example being Group A Mercedes fastest AI should do a 2.37 at 100% on Spa 1993.

Just a thought since we all have different skill levels, for me an AI going too fast in a particular corner might be too slow for someone else or vice versa, unless its something really obvious. Also the AI performance varies a lot depending the difficulty, specially on corners. I was 6 seconds faster than the AI on Spa 93 on the group A and found them very slow on the middle sector, but at 120% they where faster than me on the second sector and I managed pole with a 2.33.0 by about 2 tenths only and it was an almost perfect lap, so I see no issue with the AI for me at 120%. But someone more skilled might find them too slow on the middle sector at 120%, as I found them on 100%.

Obviously not doing it class by class, but taking one class as base for the target laptimes per track on a set difficulty.