1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track layouts to receive AI line redos

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 26, 2023.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Kansai Classic need a re-do also. The ai are very slow in sector one(Esses through to both Degners), exiting the hairpin and Spoon.

The replay cameras there are terrible too. They need an overhaul, to bring them up to Interlagos & Barcelona Historic levels of accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pr07

pr07 Member

Barcelona Historic 1991 - the AI is too slow on the exit of the fast chicane and on the final 2 corners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Monza 1991:

AI drivers still regularly cause carnage in first chicane, because they think it would be a good idea to go side by side through such narrow sections without anyone withdrawing.
    With open wheelers, they hang in each others tyres and create huge pile-ups.

Instead of braking and being more cautious, they cut the corner and ram each others.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 New Member

Bathurst 1983:

Opala 1986 cars hit the terrain at turn 6 (Quarry Corner) while going 2-wide, rolling over Screenshot 2023-12-22 170922.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. N2J

N2J New Member

Interlagos 1991 & 1993 (only in the wet):
    The AI is extremely slow in the second sector, they lose around 3 to 4 seconds.

6. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track : Montreal '91
    Class : F-Hitech Gen 1
    Car used in session : Benetton B192 (sorry Model 3)
    AI strength : 110
    Setup : Default

I did a short 10 laps race at Montreal '91 and i noticed the AI needs a calibration : they're way too fast out of slow corners (traction) and a bit too slow before the corner (entry/braking phase). That is very noticeable on the biggest breaking zones of the track.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Eduardo Costa

Eduardo Costa New Member AMS2 Club Member

At Interlagos, the AI, when activating the DRS before the pit straight, the opponent closes the door and the car with DRS loses power and ends up being unable to overtake, this happens on consecutive laps, with the AI taking 8 to 10 laps to achieve this overtaking, even with far superior racing ability.

on the opposite straight the DRS does not generate enough power to overtake, before the end of the straight the AI collects the car and does not overtake (also in interlagos)

IN Spa using DRS after La Rouge, something similar to the first case of interlagos happens, the car in front closes the gap to overtake and the AI loses power and is unable to overtake (even with DRS active)

In Termas de Rio Hondo there is no overtaking point, the AI cannot overtake at any point.

Tests carried out with Formula Reiza and Ultimate, Gen1 and 2. Always watching AI x AI

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

As noted in changelog for v1.5.5.2, Cascais, Fontana Speedway (redux), Montreal Historic 1991, Le mans Bugatti, Kansai East & West got updated and are all hopefully in good shape.

• Like Like x 7
  9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

GT5 at Kansai West are much slower (in relative terms) than they are at Barcelona. With 108 high AI I can qualify on the front row in a Ginetta (with the second fastest Ginetta around P18) at KW. At Barcelona I'm around P12, more than a second off pole. With the Puma KW is an easy pole and win whereas at Barcelona I'm about 0.7s off pole, P9 I think.

At KW driving the Ginetta is quite well balanced with the faster Pumas around the lap. The latter are a bit slower in the second to last corner but that's about it. Switching to a Puma myself however, I am much faster in that second last turn.

At Barcelona both GT5s are particularly slow through the corner leading onto the shorter straight and on the second to last corner.

(All default set up and date, and 108 is my 'calibrated' Stock Car 2023@Barcelona strength).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 New Member

Watkins Glen. The AI is taking a very very conservative line at the bus stop chicane, avoiding the curbs completly and is losing time.

11. madchief

madchief Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also on Watkins Glen the AI is significantly faster through T9 as they are not affected by the elevation change and off-camber. Especially noticeable in the wet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. pr07

pr07 Member

Montreal 1991 - the turn 7/8 chicane becomes a dirt track after a few laps, the AI breaks over the grass and spreads dirt all over the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. chonk

chonk MEP AMS2 Club Member

I think Oulton Park could do with looking at also, they still have issues at the chicanes and in general they make some pretty aggressive rejoins from off track.

I understand Oulton is quite narrow and it's probably harder to get them to behave there. But they are a bit too crash happy.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand why Bathurst 2020 isn't on this redo list after being reported several times.

One last attempt: The AI on this track is barely even raceable. They happen to have their "you lose half a second here no matter what you do" corner in the worst possible place, on the last corner before Conrod straight. The player reliably loses half a second out of that corner to the AI in all classes, in qualfying and race, which is exceptionally unfortunate, because it disables one of two main overtaking spots on the circuit (the better one, actually).

The AI are also slightly slow through the middle sector, but that's not so bad because you can't overtake there anyway. But their speed boost on the exit down Conrod ruins this circuit for AI racing and it is one of the tracks who most direly need a change.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The issue might not be racing line related

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI also tries to overtake player in the esses down the hill by ramming other car into the wall.

17. pr07

pr07 Member

Indianapolis oval - First of all, the AI is way too fast here, I have to reduce AI difficulty by 20+ points to be competitive. And then, they are too fast through turns 1 and 3, and too slow through 2 and 4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Indianapolis GP: AI is extremely fast in the slow corners in middle and last sector.

19. madchief

Cascais modern layouts - AI is always faster out of Parabolica, but brake way too early into T1, otherwise they are pretty good, but this "back-and-forth" on the start/finish straight makes racing them a bit annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. madchief

Oulton Park International
    • T3 Cascades - AI goes too wide, loses time
    • T12 Knickerbook - AI faster on exit
    • T15 Druids - AI is just way too fast through here, impossible to match their speed
    • T16 Lodge - AI brakes early

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024