1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried to load mods for the first time, now game is stuck

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Jezza819, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I thought I had figured out how to get mods but apparently I'm still doing something wrong. I got three mods, figured out how to label the folder, opened up Content Manager, the mods say they are loaded. But when I try to launch the game to check, it's stuck on the opening screen the has Raiza studios on it and it doesn't go past that.

Went to verify the game on Steam and it came back with "4 files could not be validated and will be reacquired". Don't know what that means. Tried to open up CM again and uncheck the mod boxes then recheck them and do the install again, but it's still the same thing.

Unless you have to go in and completely delete the mod files from the computer then start over again?

2. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Make sure you are using the latest version of CM, 0.2.1 I think it is.

3. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Yeah it should be because I just downloaded it a couple of weeks ago when I first started.

Deleted all mods tried to relaunch the game and this is what pops up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

A couple of weeks could be too much! :whistle:
    Please download the recent version and try again. With an oder version i got CTD too... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would delete the mods folder in AMS2, run CM so it uninstalls the mods, do a steam integrity check, then do the install process from scratch again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Delete the entire folder or just what's in it? I guess they're the same thing. I did delete the individual mods and the mods are unchecked in CM after I ran it again. But I got the same crash notice but I haven't ran the integrity check again.

Do the install process again for the mods from scratch? Am I getting close to having to use the nuclear option of complete game deletion and reinstall? One of the guys here at work told me I am and he's the one that convinced me to switch to PC. He said he feels bad that I'm having so many problems but I told him I figured it would go this way because nothing is ever easy for me with technical wise. :)

7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can just delete the mods inside the folder, then after CM uninstalls the mods, run the integrity check, run the game without mods and if the game runs fine, install the mods and pray the game starts :D

8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Ran the integrity check after deleting the mods and CM again and all files checked good. Opened the game again and got back in. Went back again and tried two of the mods that I got from Racedepartment. And they worked. So there was something in one of the other mods I tried that was crashing the game.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Actually the problem was the Thunderflash mod files. Any one of them I tried would shut the game down. Could it have something to do with the tool he uses to unzip them? I know CM is supposed to unzip them but I'm just trying to figure out why they caused the problem. I have the win rar tool on my PC but not the one he uses. I really would like to get some of his mods but not at the cost of shutting down the entire game.

11. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Do you have a saved MOD Championship file in the my documents folder. Once I removed that my crash problem was fixed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you downloaded his mods several weeks ago as well? As these also were updated to be compatible with the 1.5 version of AMS2

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

No this was the first time I've tried to download any kind of mods. I've only had my PC and this game for about 3 weeks now.

No there is nothing else in my Mods folder.

14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Steve asked for Custom Champion files in your DOCUMENTS\AMS2 profile, that have MODS setup.
    Not your MODS FOLDER!!!!
    Screenshot 2023-08-26 132203.jpg

15. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I figured it out today. I tried the thunderflash mods again since they had been updated and once again the game crashed.

I had been asked if I had the latest version of CM and I assumed I had because of when I started. But also I didn't know to check which version it was. If you right click on the icon and go to properties it doesn't say which version or to check for updates. So I went back to racedepartment where I initially downloaded it from and saw the latest version was dated 7/26/23. Then I went into my files where it's folder was and it was dated 7/23/23 so there was an update three days after my initial download. Went and got the new version of CM and once it was installed the mods also installed.

So I do apologize for thinking I had the latest version of CM but I just didn't know how to find out. Thanks again to everyone for their help and suggestions. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Jezza819: do you have installed the:

NET 6 Desktop Runtime ?

:)

17. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I think so. Isn't that one of the things you have to install in order to run CM? I seem to remember having to install something like that.

18. John Cobb

John Cobb Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Bud
    Have you managed to sort out the Thunderflash mods not working ?
    I can try to help you if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Yes I did. Turns out I didn't know how to check which version of CM I had so I assumed I had the latest one. But it was updated 3 days after I initially downloaded it. Once I got the newer version all of the mods have sailed right through with no problems.

But I do appreciate the offer. I'm sure there will be something else I'll need help with down the line. I'm not the most tech savy person in the world. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Cobb

John Cobb Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh cool. I'm glad your all sorted now. Sorry for late response but can't stop playing Starfield :)
    Sim racing been put on the back burner for a bit.

• Like Like x 1