Triple monitor software angle adjustment

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Stevejack, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi All,
    I can’t seem to get the triple monitor vuew correct. I’ve set the bezel-removed resolution in-game and input my calculated vertical FOV based in view distance etc.
    My side monitors are at an angle of around 53 degrees.

If I slump down in my seat, everything lines up perfectly. But if I sit up normally the lines between monitors (fences / walls etc) just don’t line up properly.

I’ve played with the cockpit orientation offset and it doesn’t seem to solve it. Nor does adjusting the seat position in-game.

In Iracing for example, I corrected the same issue with vanish-y.
    I think in rfactor2 I was able to set the actual angle of my monitors in the game’s settings..? i can’t recall, but I don’t have the issue in any other game.

Is there anything I’m missing in the games settings that would correct the misalignment?

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That means your monitors are mounted too low. Some sims let you correct that like you mentioned, others don't, so I found it best practice to mount the monitors at the correct height with no need for in-game corrections like that. Correct height meaning the horizontal center line of the center monitor should be at your eyes height when you sit normally.

3. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. It’s a shame, I find the screens too high when my eye level is at 50% and I feel like i’m looking up all the time. Being at about 60-65% from the bottom of the screen feels better for some reason (even with in-game seat height adjusted to suit).