1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple screen issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by eholmberg, Oct 22, 2020.

1. eholmberg

eholmberg New Member

Is it possible to run without nvidia surround? Cant get the bezels corrected and the fov is far from right even if i put the right numbers in

2. Jon Le

Jon Le New Member

This game is made to run without nvidia surround. if you are using surround you will get distortion

3. eholmberg

eholmberg New Member

Can someone please explain how to make triples work?
    I tried without surround activated, I was then only able to use max 2560x1440 res (3x 32” 1440p)

what is different with ams2 since I get perfect fov in all other sims?

4. gov47

gov47 Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having issues too trying to run without surround (which is a shame b/c surround works great with most other sims). When I set it up without surround i get the distortions as shown. It looks like the bezel setting is super wide, but I have it set to 1.0 on all monitors.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaveS

DaveS New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've given up on this game. I've spent multiple days trying to get my triple 27" monitors which give me a display resolution of 7680x1440. When in the Triple setup screen I put a check mark in the triple monitor box. The game tells me I need to restart the game for it to take affect which I do but the game will not accept any measurements I enter into the fields. I'll enter all required info for each field but the game does not accept anything other than distance to eye which is already in that field by default. Why does it have to be so hard to get triples to work in this game??????

6. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

This guide is how I got mine setup using the XML file in documents. Stroll down to note2ybk, he has a Excel file that makes it much easier!
    [Triple Screen]

7. DaveS

Been there, done that Levelup1. After I edit the file and go back into the game all the settings are back to the basic settings again and the info I entered into the file has all changed back to default (read only option is disabled for file). No left/right monitor settings fields only Center to setup when back in game. As mentioned in my previous post, setting up triple monitors should not have to be this difficult! You shouldn't have to use a spreadsheet to be able to setup triple monitors in any game, triples have been around for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sdubbin

sdubbin New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there an in game app to adjust, I just can’t get them lined up , other sims have adjustments you can make and see in game

9. Eduardo Prado

Eduardo Prado New Member AMS2 Club Member

I use the Nvidia Surround and let the game run as with 1 monitor only, which is not that bad actually, just some small distortion on side monitors. When trying to configure the triples, neither the in game settings or outside xml files works for me, tried it all already, have to wait for Reiza to improve the triple screen support.

10. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree!.... And yet, I ended up making a spreadsheet for myself anyway... Triple Screen Calculator

11. DaveS

It would appear that this game will not let you setup triple screens if you have more than 3 monitors setup. I use a 4th monitor for Sim Hub and this game will not allow you to setup triple monitors if you have more than 3 monitors connected to your PC. You would think that in this day and age a Sim development company would have the ability to fix this issue but it doesn't seem like they think this is much of an issue!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BB36

BB36 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to have the same issue in AMS2, but it resolved itself a few versions ago. Now AMS2 happily allows operation of a 4th monitor, albeit it I do use Nvidia Surround...[​IMG]