1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Triple Screen]

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by JetPistol, Jun 13, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Once set up (only takes a few minutes) it's just a matter of (the way I've done it) is putting the shortcut in task bar for each monitor set up and one click and it swaps.

I can now play FPS games at 1080p @144Hz and sim racing at 5729x1080 @60Hz at a click of the mouse.

Have a go and tell your friends.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah this is really a life saver. I have 4 combinations. Triple 1440p, Triple 1080p, 3x single 1440p and 3x single 1080p. 4 shortcuts on my desktop and with a single click I swap between those. No more hassle in Nvidia settings. What a relief. Now I just can fire up, RaceRoom without going through all the settings to make sure I have surround correctly setup in 1440p. Yeahhh. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

Another method is to create a custom resolution (like 5760x1080) from the nVidia panel and select it in the video settings of the game.
    I solved this way for rFactor 2 and RRE, while I have no problem using the triple configuration in AMS2 using the three screens at 1080...
    :);)

4. Bull Shark

Yes but what I don’t want is to manually enable or disable Nvidia surround. RRE for example, does only work with a triple screen when Nvidia Surround is active. But when I want to play a FPS, I only want it on the center screen, so I need to disable Nvidia Surround. I now can do this with 1 single click.

5. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't want it either, it's a pain in the ass, I never do it..
    That's where you're wrong, maybe I didn't explain myself before... I attach two photos to make me understand how I use RRE without activating Nvidia Surround

First I create the custom resolution
    (you can turn your screens black for a few minutes in the test phase)
    [​IMG]
    Then I start RRE and set these settings....
    [​IMG]
    Having done this, every time RRE starts with the three screens automatically....
    Unfortunately, I cannot install that programme... (DisplayMagician)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Bull Shark

Do you like the bezel free kit? I’m tempting to buy it.

8. D3L8OY

D3L8OY New Member AMS2 Club Member

Best thing I purchased. Mind you after 12 month of trying and begging Reiza to fix the triple screen setup and implement an in car adjustment like every other sim. What their lack of support with this has done is made me realise just how good ACC is and how awesome and easy it was to get triples working on that sim. Thanks Reiza you promoted Kunos well.

9. Bull Shark

Well I have no problems at all to setup my triple screens.

10. 2ndLastJedi

For anyone having issues with triple screens lining up using screen sizes and resolution, follow this guide and it will be perfect.

I have use triple screens for a couple of years now and always had slight misalignment in AMS2, i just thought it was a Madness engine this because my numbers where correct, well it turns out i needed to set the height using the pixel pitch x 1080 before my screens would line up, not just 60cm width x 34cm height but rather 0.3114 x 1080 = 33.63cm for height. You can use the method in this video to find your pixel pitch or as i did go to your manufactures website for their numbers.

I hope this makes sense because it really made it perfect for me after all this time with slight misalignments.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Vegaguy

Vegaguy New Member

Where is the triple screen guide video without Nvidia surround?

12. 2ndLastJedi

It's no different is It other than change the resolution accordingly and remove the bezels on AMS2.

13. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't get the left or right screen to input when I go to options triple screen, I just have the centre screen and the numbers dont save?

• Like Like x 1
  14. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because my eyefinity for AMD makes 3 into 1 for triple screen, the game doesn't recognize 3 screens in triple screen settings.

15. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

So I too can confirm what some posted earlier back a page or two about triple independent monitors (non-Surround) not working in AMS2 if a 4th monitor is connected, that still seems to be a bug not fixed in any recent updates. So since I'm pretty attached to keeping a 4th monitor, that leaves me with NV Surround. Does anyone know if triple screens work properly w/o any side monitor stretching/distortion by following the advice and calcs posted on this thread, using the aspect ratio to calc the monitor height as the game expects it to be entered, if you're not using a bezel-corrected resolution in NVSurround but rather native res? (PS: thanks much for the hard work to share this info!) Also for anyone using Asus bezel free kit (the reason I don't make a bezel corrected resolution)... has anyone tried playing with negative numbers for bezel width in the triple screen in-game settings or XML, similar to how negative numbers can be entered w/ ACC to compensate for the otherwise "missing" info between bezels that the bezel free kit enables seeing?

16. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

To (partially) answer my own question(s) above: I had a bit of time this afternoon to try bezel free kit w/ AMS2, set resolution to native 7680x1440, NVSurround (no bezel compensation), set triples to center monitor left bezel -0.3, right bezel -0.3, then on left monitor, set right bezel -0.3 (left I set to my actual bezel size at the far left, 0.6) and opposite on the right monitor settings. Seemed to work a treat on initial testing, no loss of content between seams at the center of the bezel-free strip, for instance on signage etc... I had to go elsewhere but will resume testing and try to get some pics later tonight or tomorrow, but so far so good, only think I could not tell yet was if sides were stretched unrealistically due to using NVSurround native res in game with triple screen rendering box checked.. Also horizon lines or tilt/angle looked a bit off at some points on initial look, need to experiment to optimize when I have more time..

17. latexyankee

latexyankee New Member

So I have done all this but still have a big problem. The image on the right monitor is misplaced on the physical screen. Basically I have a 1 inch black bar at the end of the monitor but the full image is displayed and creeps into the center monitor. Its like the image needs to be pulled back to fit the screen correctly. I cant get rid of it. Settings for L and R monitors are the same but this only happens on one side. Here is a screenshot. Perhaps the whole image is shifted to the left not just the right screen? IS there a way to adjust the entire image L to R? I've been pulling my hair out at what could be wrong.

Actually now that I look at this its on both sides....seems to be cytting the image where the bezels are? I dont understand

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  18. LogiC_l

LogiC_l New Member

I have made a forum account tonight purely to say thank you from the bottom of my sim racing water shoes for this tool. I've spent the last three days trying to sort out the weird vertical offset from my side monitors and this has made it absolutely perfect. Thank you!

19. note2ybk

note2ybk New Member

Sorry for the late replay, but thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it helped!