1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Kieran Fox

Kieran Fox New Member

Hello all.
    I just bought the game the other day. Loaded it up, got my wheel set up with it, calibrated, etc.
    But when I go into a driving session, there is no force feedback. I will get force feedback in the menus, but not in the car.
    I have tried picking different profiles and even downloaded a custom FFB profile and have had no luck.
    When I boot up other games, there is no problem with FFB.
    I have a TS-PC Racer with the Ferrari F1 rim (the old one, not the new one with the screen).

Help?

2. Tommi Ekman

Tommi Ekman New Member

hi,

awesome simulator when it works, but it is just really inconsistent in reliability. my sequential has stopped shifting once before but for the life of it I can't remember what fixed the issue then. Paddle shifters can be assigned and they work fine, but when trying to assign the simworx v8 supercar shifter it does not recognize the signal from the shifter??? my setup consist of simucube 2 pro v2, simworx pedals and shifter and Heusinkveld handbrake.

Please help I am getting really frustrated with this. And yes I have set the wheel as custom and with separate pedals.

3. Dimitrios Pappas

Dimitrios Pappas Member AMS2 Club Member

I have similar problem with @Tommi Ekman above but
    i can assign shift up and down to my seq shifter but in game it stays in paddle shifting.
    too shame about Super V8's...
    please fix this;)

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you guys tried to change wheel "Make" to "Custom" and re-mapping buttons fully manually?

• Like Like x 1
  5. muffi

muffi New Member

Nobody a hint for me?
    Where can i get official support vom Reiza? I have bought the game including season pass and cant play because of that.

Thanks

6. CrimsonEminence

Have you tried exchanging USB ports? The system can be a bit wonky with that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. muffi

muffi New Member

Hm, can try this but I got zero problems in ACC with the configuration.

8. =Robert=

=Robert= New Member AMS2 Club Member

Why there are fps drops when there is a crash on the track. I have AMD RX 6800XT and i5 8600k 5Ghz 1440p. Is processor to slow for this gpu coz i try the old GTX 1070ti , and the are no fps drops.
    Other than that this game is the best

9. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Anyone has problems with personal best times? I dont mean Online timetrial but my own best times from prscrice or race I do same laptimes but when i go out from session all times are lost .....i bouht that game 3 days ago.

10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i think only online timetrial times are saved (once the next update arrives), in any other mode the times are gone once you exit the session

11. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

ok if thats true its quite letdown....thers is nothing better in sim racing that keeping your own best laps times. Then we have to go back to the 90's and writing times in paper notepad.Thanks for the reply...

12. Roy Niessink

Yeah, im not entirely sure though

13. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

Do the cars look like this in the showroom for everyone or it is only me? It was working fine before the latest update. 2

14. CrimsonEminence

-

• Like Like x 1
  15. João Henrique Penna Reis

João Henrique Penna Reis New Member

Hi,

I changed my pc and reinstalled AMS2. It's running, but it doesn't work in VR mode like on the previous pc. I have an HP G2 Reverb, my GPU is NVidia 3070 ti (updated with the latest driver), my Windows 10 is 21H2. The virtual reality is working normally with other simulators.

When I run by clicking the start option in Steam VR mode it starts normally but on the desktop only and nothing appears on the glasses, except the AMS2 logo with the message "a seguir". When I enter the mixed reality windows and run AMS2 from there it appears the same logo with the same message as if it were going to start but it stays there and doesn't run in VR but on the desktop.

can you help me?

16. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Getting a similar thing with the G25 although it seems to happen when going from one session to another , seems to happen at random from me.
    Only fix is to restart the game.

17. Roy Niessink

Try adding -forcevr to your startup parameters in steam.

18. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Hello, my problem is , that AMS2 does not recognize my TM Loadcell pedals anymore ( did it for months )and has now a problem with assigning buttons to my Fanatec Wheel altjough everything worked well for months.
    I posted this at the Updates Forum and make reference to advise from other users such as deleting the AMS2 folder in my documents, switching USB port, using custom wheel settimgs and so forth....nothing seems to work now...see below...

tbh, I am kind of p.o. by AMS2 right now. Just now, when FFB and physics are in the best shape ever, I have this controller issue, which was not there before.

I did what you ( and other members here on the forum ) recommended. Including switching USB ports for the pedals .

After searching this forum, I found, that this problem is not a new phenomenon, but actually persisting since the first release of AMS2.

Seems, somehow, I was just lucky and spared from this experience before.

The situation as of now is :
    - all drivers and windows are working with their most recent releases
    - CSL DD Wheelbase is recognized by windows, Fanatec driver software and Fanalab and 6 other racing sims ( AMS1, AC,ACC, rF2, R3E, F1 2020 )
    - TM T-CLM Pedals are recognized by Windows, TM Calibration Software, 6 ( in words six ) other sims I have on my system ( 12 months old )

- AMS2 recognizes the Fanatec Wheelbase only in CSL V2.5 comp mode and lets me calibrate the wheel - but let me not assign left and right directions (multiple inputs--- no key assigned )
    - AMS2 does not recognize the pedals ( neither in a default , User(x), Fanatec or any other setting. Due to this, I cannot assign the pedals to Throttle, brake and clutch either, of course. Same message occurs : multiple inputs, no key assigned
    - AMS2 recognizes "a" wheel and mixes up buttons and POVs. I use always the same button mapping in all sims ( having all buttons labelled on my McL GT3 V2 ).

History : My last offline race in AMS2 was yesterday afternoon and everything worked well. Until I read the full description of the latest update and noticed that direct support of the CSL DD was implemented. Which I tried and all the hassle began. So much for AMS2...

Again : AMS1, AC, ACC, R3E,rF2, F1 2020 - they all recognize the pedals and the CSL DD ( in Comp Mode )
    R3E works also with CSL DD in PC Mode which I didn't use so far as it was the only sim really recognizing the CSL DD including the McL GT3 V2 with all buttons !

EDITH says : Rather then by coincidence then by plan, I got the dam...sim recognizing the pedals.
    Solution : I removed the pedals USB connector from the plug WHILE I was still in the assignment screen. Intention was to put it in another plug. But, recognizing I was too fast, I plugged the connector in the same plug again and out of curiosity, I tried to assign ONE MORE TIME ( before quitting for today ) ...and what shall I say...AMS2 recognized the pedals AND I was able to assign AND calibrate them....Murphy was defeated....hehe.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  19. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

Yesterday I was doing a 12-lap online race with the F3 F309 & F301, some of them were I.A.
    Does it seem normal to you that some AI, despite being a lap late, fight like crazy, so much so that even those who are at full speed go into a spin?
    Here, this happened to me.
    Reiza, please fix this huge bug, please let them know that the blue flag also applies to them hahaha

20. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, is it possible to change the grip in the rain in a future update? I did a race in heavy rain with dry tires and it looks more like ice than a wet track

• Funny Funny x 3