1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Is that issue still on the list? : AI GT3 are very slow when it comes to straight line speed at Daytona and Bathurst. It doesn t matter on the AI slider.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Yes me. Same problem, exiting AMS2 ends in black screen and not able to gain control of process manager. I have a g923 wheel and G-Hub.

I didn't try last game update as I had not enough time, but today I 'll test with this very last update and older versions of G-hub. I'll report back.

3. Kaylos

Kaylos New Member

I have the same problem with the CSL Elite. Can't seem to find an actual solution or reason anywhere.

4. dj2ca

dj2ca New Member

Ok so I play AMS2 on my PC with the HP Reverb G2 headset. PC is 5600x/3070/32GB. Last week I added some DLCs and this is where my issues began. When scrolling through the car or circuit selection screen the game would crash when highlighting a DLC car or track. Not crashing to desktop, just locking up and requiring a restart. Now it's also crashing at random points in the menus, and when loading into a circuit (whether it be DLC or not). None of this was happening prior to installing the DLC. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, no change. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

EDIT: the game runs perfectly on the monitor, these crashes only occur while in VR.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  5. T3chAddict

T3chAddict New Member

Hi, I hope this is right place to post my issue.
    AMS2 has been seemingly randomly crashing. There is no error message of any kinds. Just the box which says to send the error report.
    Things I have tried:
    1) verified local files (steam)
    2) Deleted AMS2 from Documents folder and reinstalled the game
    All to no avail. I did update my Simagic Alpha Firmware and Alpha Manager but the issue had occurred before this update.
    What could I do to troubleshoot?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  6. BobS

BobS New Member

I have the exact same specs and this was happening to me. I made sure all cpu overclocking was off including PBO and that fixed the problem. I also lowered the power level on my 3070 to 85 percent, but that may not be necessary.

7. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I found I was getting random crashes with curve optimiser. It was stable in everything else - games, benchmarks, prime95 etc., but AMS2 did not like it, so test without any OC even if you think it's stable.

8. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

hi folks
    After the last update of Automobilista 2, a small problem has arisen when I start the game with Sim Commander, it no longer starts in Full Screen but only in the window, with its dramatic loss of frame.

thanks in advance

ps: Before the Patch update run correct in full screen ( 5760x1080 resolution - simxperience DD wheel )

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  9. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Since one of the last updates (might be the one with Road Atlanta) I've experiencing lots of microstutters with AMS2 in VR (3700x / 6800XT @ Reverb G2).

It's partially track dependant but I can feel the fluctuating frametimes on every occasion I've tested so far. Checked with fpsVR and saw that the CPU is having constant spikes, so I think there are dropped frames or something like that.

Reading through the forum I've done several steps in hope to improve things:
    - tried FFB Default and Default+ (as there once was an issue with default+ being heavy on cpu)
    - changed my fanatec dd from direct to csw compatibility mode and adjusted profiles
    - added some starting options (pthreads 4, dx11mt, ffb 600)
    - reset the documents folder
    - changing graphic settings to very low

nothing sadly changed the situation. especially on RA I can feel it heavily, one some other tracks its a bit more subtle. As I've recently changed the gpu from a 2070s to the 6800xt, I can say with both gpus the result was practically the same (was to be expected, with frametimes issues coming from the cpu to be honest).
    Right now, I'm not happy how the game feels in VR. those constant not-so-smooth framerates are giving me headache and are hard to look at. So, not enjoying it right now, even with the content being spot on. Maybe this could given a look at Reiza?

10. T3chAddict

T3chAddict New Member

ANyone have any help on this?! REIZA? Please. It's my favorite and sim and I can't play it..... sad face....

11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get the massive flickering while pitting in a race...the entire pit crews is rendered twice but offset. Not using VR, and I have the latest drivers.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Tommi Ekman

Tommi Ekman New Member

WHy is Automobilista 2 the only sim that has mostly all the time issues with button assignments? MEaning that it does not recognize buttons in wheels even though the game controller functions in Windows. Now my new USB cabled wheel is not working in AMS2 as it doen's recognize gear inputs nor the button inputs.... Please fix what ever is wrong in the otherwise awesome sim. THanks

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have never had this issue, what wheel you have?

14. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

I am posting here the problem a friend of mine is having....
    luckily i don't suffer from it..
    Has it already happened to anyone? What could it be?
    Here is what he wrote me:

Does anyone know of any problems with ams2? Let me explain better. If there are only a few of us on the server (2 or 3) I run with times in line with the others. If there are more of us I start to run 20sec slower. And I am also slow in speed. On the straights it seems that 20/30 kmh less. We can't figure out where the problem comes from. If anyone can help me we would be grateful.

15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

His CPU is most likely bottlenecked/overloaded. Turn off UDP telemetry in system options and try closing all unnecessary programs to free up resources. And while only a minor help, set “-pthreads 4” in the steam launch commands to have each tyre physics calculations done on one core. Please report back if that helped.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What sort of gains do you get using 4 cores? Do all physics run in one core ATM!

17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Default is 2 cores. There is little difference for the total load. The benefit is mostly for those CPU limited by having the CPU load of the tires spread out. I guess it was a design choice by SMS upon making pC1, what with plenty dual cores still being powerful enough to run a good deal of games back in 2015

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mystikal

Mystikal New Member

I have exactly the same problem since a a few days. Not sure why. I run a 3060ti, 5600x, HP Reverb G2. I use the OpenVR_mod to increase performance. This evening after multiple resets and lower graphic settings I could not solve it. In the end I did a intergrity check within steam and I think it solved now. Need more time to test it. This evening frames were dropping to 32fps and average of 44. Normally I am on 90 or close to 90. Very frustrating.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you using time trials? For me, I just lower the main anti-aliasing setting to medium, and now the stuttering is gone, except for when I use CART cars.

20. Andrebenevides

Andrebenevides New Member

Meu Automobilista nao atualiza na Steam porque?
    Porque meu automobilista não funcionou? por favor me ajude a obter essa nova versão, ja fiz de tudo e não aparece a atualização mais recente, me ajudem, obrigado!