1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd try setting up a wheel make custom preset on scratch, it's still the most reliable workaround in such cases.
    custom.jpg

2. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

I am having a CTD almost every time I play these days.
    I can get into all racing formats (TT, MP, Solo etc), and for the most part I can do the first session without issue, I would say my crash rate is around 15%. When transitioning to the next session the crash rate is closer to 30%.

When exiting the menu to go drive (practice quali or race), I usually have a distorted image for a split second, then everything is normal. This is where AMS crashes.
    I should note, that since switching from a logotech g27 to a simagic alpha mini with GT rim these crashes have become more frequent.

Setup:
    Oculus Rift S
    SSD 2TB with >30 % free space
    16GB RAM
    GTX 3060 12GB
    Intel i5 10500

Troubleshooting completed:

Full fresh reinstall of title, validation, deleting all "my documents " files.

Could release candidates be a source for these crashes?

3. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Sometimes I get poor textures on dark surfaces in the cockpit , The best way to describe it is like when you stream a movie with a dark scene and the blacks are a bit distorted. This only seems to be every now and again.

4. snowdog

snowdog New Member

More triple setup problems. And I don't need a link to a video about how to set up triples. I know what needs to be done. But the game simply ignores everything I enter in the triple setup page. Most of the time, incxluding after deleting the AMS2 directory in My Documents, the triple setup page shows only a center screen. I can't enter any values for right or left, and any changes I make for the center screen always return to all zeros if I leave the setup page and come back.

If I manually edit the xml file, I can see the right and left screens on the triple setup page, but any changes I make will be lost when I exit the setup and re-enter it. The changes I manually put in the XML file are also not shown. Instead I see all zeros.

When I run a race, it always displays only on my center display.

Running RTX4090 and 3x4K 48" OLED displays. Width is 106.8cm, height is 60.075. Angle of the two side monitors is 60cm and distance is 36cm. Everything works just fine in iracing and ACC.

No matter what I enter on the triple setup screen, it always reverts back to all-zeros when I exit the triple setup and re-enter. Starting a race never shows anything on the side monitors. Restarting the program after editing makes no difference, either. I bnnought this game 6 months ago and have still never played it. Every few months I waste a few hours trying to get it to run and then I just stop trying again.

There are also bugs on the triple setup screen. Sometimes, when editing the left display settings, I can set the pixel width to 3840 but when I go to the pixel height box, the previous box shows 0. Then if I set the screen width, the value I enter there will also be shown in the pixel width box - until I click back into the pixel width box, when it will suddenly display the value I originally entered again. But when the box doesn't have the focus, it always shows the value of the screen width box instead.

I've tried resetting the game by renaming My Documents\Automobilista2 and running the game to get fresh settings. I'm running the 1.5 release, but the same behaviour has been exhibited by every previous attempt on older versions. I won't use nvidia surround, however, as it just makes using the whole computer a miserable experience.

I do have an additional, fourth monitor, running 1440p, above the center display. But the same behaviour occurs when I disconnect it. The 4th monitor is HDMI, but the triple displays are all using DisplayPort and are capable of 144Hz refresh.

Also, there is simply no option in the display settings page to select 11520x2160 resolution. There is only an 11520x3xxx resolution (I can't remember the pixel height, but it was significantly taller than my vertical resolution). I assume the fact that I have to select 3840x2160 in the main graphics settings page is why it always actually runs only on a single monitor, but the game doesn't show me an option for running at triple 4K. If I choose a triple 1440p resolution, it will run that way, but then the game is only on the center and right hand monitor. It isn't even centered on my triple displays with black bars. Instead, I have the center of the game square in the center of my bezel.

None of this experience makes me feel like the game will actually be worth playing if I ever do get it to run. I certainly have no interest in running it in single monitor mode when I have other sims that will actually run correctly on my rig. What does it take to make your sim actually recognize triple monitors and allow itself to be configured to run on them?

5. snowdog

snowdog New Member

If I manually edit graphicsconfigdx11.xml to enter 11520x2160 resolution in the Mode tag, the game appears to start in that resolution correctly. But it always puts the game on centered on the far right monitor. So the right hand screen shows the center of the game, the center screen shows the left hand side of the display, and the right hand side of the display is not visible. There is no setting where I can tell it to offset by -3840 pixels that I can find.

Initially, the far right monitor on my computer was identified by the Settings app (and Nvidia control panel) as being monitor 1, and the center display (also assigned as the primary display) was listed as monitor 3. The left hand side was monitor 2. So I physically swapped the #1 and #3 ports on the video card, so now my monitors are 213 from left to right. But the game still opens on the far right display (monitor 3) instead of monitor 1, so I still only see 2/3 of the image. I can think of nothing else to do to get it to open with the center display as the center of the graphics output.

And it still won't let me enter any values on the triple screen setup page without setting all the values back to 0 when I leave the page, so I assume that the alignment and projection wouldn't be correct, if I could see all 3 screens of content.

6. snowdog

snowdog New Member

ok, more progress. Using SRWE, I was able to pull the window back to bew centered on the center monitor, so I can finally see all of the UI and it does utilize all 3 monitors. However, I can still not enter any of the monitor measurements or angles so I end up with an undriveable FoV. In the default position, the FoV is such that I can't even see the wheel or dashboard. The windshielf stretches across all 3 displays even though I should have a full 180 degree field of view. No mirrors or side windows are visible.

If I adjust the driver position as far back as I can go, I can just make the left hand mirror visible, but not useful, due to my angle to the mirror. The windscreen still stretches across 100% of the right hand display, so the dashboard has a huge bend in it and I can't see my right hand mirror or out the right hand window. The game clearly thinks that I have a single flat monitor that is 11520 pixels wide. If I manually edit the triplescreensettings.xml to look like this, when the game loads, it will at least show me settings for all 3 displays, but all of the values will be 0.00. Any attempt to change the values from 0 will have no affect and leaving the settings page and coming back will reset everything to 0. When I exit the game, it will have rewritten the file to set AllowTripleScreen to false the next time the game runs, which will cause the triple screen settings page to show only a center screen. So it isn't a problem with permissions to edit the file, since the game does make changes, just not useful changes.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Reflection>
        <class name="BRTTIRefCount" base="root class" />
        <class name="BPersistent" base="BRTTIRefCount">
            <prop name="Name" type="String" />
        </class>
        <class name="TripleScreenConfigData" base="BPersistent">
            <prop name="Build" type="U32" />
            <prop name="ForceTripleScreen" type="Bool" />
            <prop name="AllowTripleScreen" type="Bool" />
            <prop name="LeftScreen" type="Fct" />
            <prop name="RightScreen" type="Fct" />
            <prop name="CentreScreen" type="Fct" />
        </class>
        <data class="TripleScreenConfigData" id="0x425C8680">
            <prop name="Name" data="" />
            <prop name="Build" data="2367" />
            <prop name="ForceTripleScreen" data="true" />
            <prop name="AllowTripleScreen" data="true" />
            <prop name="LeftScreen" physicalHeight="60.075001" physicalWidth="106.800003" bezelLeft="0.000000" bezelRight="0.000000" angleFromForward="60.000000" distanceToEye="36.000000" verticalOffset="0.000000" pixelWidth="3840" pixelHeight="2160" />
            <prop name="RightScreen" physicalHeight="60.075001" physicalWidth="106.800003" bezelLeft="0.000000" bezelRight="0.000000" angleFromForward="60.000000" distanceToEye="36.000000" verticalOffset="0.000000" pixelWidth="3840" pixelHeight="2160" />
            <prop name="CentreScreen" physicalHeight="60.075001" physicalWidth="106.800003" bezelLeft="0.000000" bezelRight="0.000000" angleFromForward="0.000000" distanceToEye="36.000000" verticalOffset="0.000000" pixelWidth="3840" pixelHeight="2160" />
        </data>
    </Reflection>

What do I do to get the game to allow me to set angles and measurements so that I have a correct field of view. This just shouldn't be this difficult.

7. _Was

_Was Member

Screen goes black during race
    Im getting random black screens when playing, the game is still running and I have to shut the game down and restart it to race again till another black screen. Anyone else with this problem?
    i have amd video card
    It is very annoying I do races full duration approximately when I do 30 laps or more I start to have spikes and suddenly black screen the game is still running I have q force the close, it is too frustrating since I have to start the race again and are 70 laps!:(

8. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having an issue with my Logitech g923, I can not recalibrate it, the game takes asteering wheel with180 degrees instead of 900.
    As a result, the minimum turn on the steering is a lot in the game
    Is anyone having the same issue?

9. Joe Gastone

Joe Gastone New Member

This is the way it goes 01_Fanatec H-Schalter.JPG

10. Mats Gjestrumbakken

Mats Gjestrumbakken New Member

Can someone help my teammate? He have the same FFB settings as me both in game and in the VRS software, but he doesnt get any FFB. Hes FFB works fine in other sims.

11. MLGordita

MLGordita New Member

Where can I find a session log for how the game is running, similar to that of AMS1? AMS1's logs could be found in the user documents. As a purchaser of the game, I'd like to have the ability to repair what I can on my own, rather than having to incessantly submit bug splat reports that do not yield any results?

12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Posted here as well as there, for a wider audience

13. Quantummodz

Quantummodz Member

hello first post for me
    the issue im seeing is no personal or global time information in any tracks or cars
    it used to be there and the game plays very well
    i actually prefer it to ACC2
    i dont usually multiplay as i find i get hit to much
    im currently checking times on sim hub

anyway is this a global issue or just me ??

Attached Files:

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Current leaderboards are offline and will be reinstated and reset with the next update. The update unfortunately has been delayed due to more time needed for polish of recent developments. It's known and a rather suboptimal situation that should pay off in the long run.

15. Be33a

Be33a New Member

Hello, I have problems with button input recognition. My new wheel, the Ascher Artura Pro(Simucube wireless) works perfectly fine with AC and ACC, all inputs are correct.
    With AMS2, the upper shift paddles and the rotary switches are not recognized, when I try to assign car functions.
    My old wheel(Ascher F64 V2) worked also fine.
    So it must be a specific problem with the combination Artura Pro and AMS2.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

16. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 won't recognise any button IDs above 64. If that's the problem, you'll need a workaround like joy2key, joystick gremlin or simhub control mapper.

17. Be33a

Be33a New Member

that would make sense. I’ll try a workaround, thanks :)

18. Gabriel Kulcsar

Gabriel Kulcsar New Member

Hello,
    I have just installed this game for the first time and I cant get any audio. I have tried all the things i could find in any other posts relating this toppic but nothing works. I would appreciate if someone who had this problem or know how to fix it could tell me what to do, since if i cant get audio to work i will have to refund this game.
    Thanks.

19. Be33a

Be33a New Member

I’m using Vjoy with Simhub, now I can map 128 inputs via my wheel in ams2. So that’s a nice workaround for the “only 64 inputs” issue with ams2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member