1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. MustafaErun

MustafaErun New Member

I'm playing on laptop. I'm having freezing and stuttering problems. My device specifications

Intel i7-11800H 8C/16T; 24MB L3; 8GT/s; 2.3GHz > 4.6GHz; 45W; 10nm SuperFin
    Nvidia RTX3060 Max-Performance 6GB GDDR6 192-Bit
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
    SAMSUNG MZVL2512HCJQ PM9A1 512GB(Read: 6900 MB/s - Write: 500 MB/s)

As can be seen in the video, freezing and stuttering occur in some certain places and situations in the game. All my settings are on low. You can also see my settings in the video.

With the same device, I can run games such as RDR2, Cyberpunk 2099, ACC, FH5, Arma3, Squad, Insurgency: Sandstorm without any problems and at high graphics levels. My settings are as in the video. The game and Windows are installed on the same SSD disk, both C.

After deleting the C:\Users\My Pc name\Automobilista 2 folder under my system files, there is no problem when I first enter the game. However, on the second attempt, although all my settings appear the same, when there is freezing and stuttering, I see 99% operating rate on the graphics card and 60w in GPU wattage.

2. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I recommend Process Lasso ... If your CPU has E-cores (that are turned on) it can help in locking the game to your faster cores. Also check your power profile - disabling CPU parking is what will have the most impact in microstutters.

More info on both can be found here Disabling cpu core parking fixed the stuttering for me. :: Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussions

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have GeForce Experience installed? If yes, uninstall it. GFE caused stuttering for me when I installed it, everything was fine before and is fine now after I uninstalled it.

4. Matt Sanderson

Matt Sanderson New Member

Hey guys since the the last update myself and some other members have found thy cannot access the championship menu and create a new championship as there is no tab just a blank page. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game via steam as have others but still to no avail everything else works fine...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to me and other members

5. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Championship mode bug

6. achus59

achus59 New Member

Hello community
    I haven't been drive with ams2 for long, but basically I like it and I would like to continue.... but:
    I've had this annoying so-called "stockcar -bug" for 1-2 weeks and I'm a bit tired of it now.:(
    After researching here in the forum, i have already tried a few things, but i can't get any further
    for info: i use win10 and have ams2 installed on a ssd
    I select a class, drive with it and when I start an offline race again afterwards, I always have a stock car selected again and again :mad:, and in multiclass races the classes I selected beforehand are added.
    There is also the problem that a Custom-AI-File ki file is not read correctly, which i use for skin packs
    most cars, drivers and skins appear, but not all...
    what i noticed is that always the same cars, drivers and skins are wrong.
    the whole thing happens with multiclass and the same class, -I don't use mod-cars-.
    I can remove the write protection of the ams2 folder in user/documents under properties, but it is activated again immediately afterwards
    I would like to point out that everything worked until 1-2 weeks ago!!!
    I haven't changed anything, -I think-, but unfortunately I can no longer use ams2 the way I want to
    Since I am probably not the only one with these problems, it would be nice if Reiza would take a look at this matter.
    thanks for reading and maybe someone can help
    Greetings from germany

7. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Hey, what had happend to the game since last update ?? On tracks with lot of trees like Nordshleife or old Spa frame rate drops to 5-15 fps on my 1050ti, before update it was abt 60 fps on my settings... super smooth... now unplayable....

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3D trees maybe

• Like Like x 1
  9. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Is there anway to turn it off or or change textures ??

10. Pieter van Eck

Pieter van Eck New Member

Lower resolutions for improved fps

Good day,

Current pc rig specs : cpu - Intel Core i7 4771, gpu - AMD Radeon RX 480, 16 GB RAM DDR3, 3 * 27" LG monitors 60 Hz, using AMD Eyefinity.

Game graphic settings - low to medium. Shadows, bloom, haze and reflections off. Game runs 30 to 40 fps, with and occaisional freeze. Resolution 3 * 1920 * 1080.

Use AMD Adrenalin software - Eyefinity to run triple screens. However, when using Eyefinity - cannot use the Custom resolution option.

Currently has to run at 5720 * 1080, as per graphicsdx11 XML file. Wish to run at lower resolutions to increase performance. Did try to change the resolution using an XML notepad, but then almost everything is black.

Can you please advise a simple method to run at a lower screen resolution for increased fps and smoother running.

Please advise.

11. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Its exactly whats happening to my AMS2 i tried everything but i think its bug from last update, its happening on tracks with trees near the Road.

12. Gibson

Gibson New Member

All of a sudden I’m having trouble starting the game. When it starts, it just sits on the Reiza Studios screen. I’ve restarted my computer and no luck. The game doesn’t actually seem to be crashing, just not responding, and I’m not using up any of my computer’s processing power.

if helpful, running it in steam vr mode

13. Denis Mowberry

Denis Mowberry New Member

I have the same problem I have uninstalled removed all files reinstalled but still locks on the first screen and shows not responding in task manager any suggestions please

14. Denis Mowberry

Denis Mowberry New Member

I have found my problem I am using a G923 wheel and the latest update for G Hub is the problem . I deleted G Hub and AMS2 now loads

15. Gibson

Gibson New Member

Thanks, that worked, though now there’s no force feedback.

16. AutoMobilizator2

AutoMobilizator2 New Member

Yp, same here, have a DD pro wheel and since last Ghub update AMS2 will start not responding. Just exit ghub and it works like a charm :)

17. notarjy

notarjy New Member

with the new ghub the game was taking longer to load but would load eventually, however my shift lights on my g pro dd have stopped working with ams2 even when I close ghub.

18. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Logitech SDK in this game needs some serious attention.
    Trueforce is not properly implemented. Instead of a nice curve, i notice steps.

Wheel detection in general needs a overhaul. So many topics on the steam discussions of the same wheel detection problems over and over again. Yes, a solution to that is available but this has been a problem for a long time.

Vets can easily fix it, newcomers will seek refund.

19. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Hi! I'm having this problem again:
    I have terrible mouse and keyboard lag/stuttering in the menu when the race is loaded. It makes it impossible to change car setup or navigate through the replay, etc. I previosuly had that issue because I had an fps limiter, so disabling that fixed it. But now it came back, and it's frealing annoying.
    The wheel controls work fine in the menu. I tried disabling vsync too, but no effect. I tried windowed, fullscreen, borderless... it's the same.

Any help is appreciated!

20. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Alright... I just figured something out. I'm writing it to myself if it happens again :p or for any other lost soul that has the issue.

EDIT: okay, the problem was the UDP frequency! I had it set to 1, and turning it to off solved the problem! Crew chief still works

Last edited: May 20, 2024