1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here with Rift...

2. Espresso Ryen

Espresso Ryen New Member

Hi! I bought am2, vr worked. i got refund, cause i didnt like the breaking, ffb or handling. Then bought it again. vr worked. then after a couple og days, vr dont work.
    I choose start in steam vr / game launches in steam vr, everything is as normal. then when race starts its like im between vr and monitor.. sometimes out of car sometimes behind etc and the view is distorted. i used oculus rift before, use pimax now / but it stopped working while i had oculus.
    what to do`? it looks like the game starts with steam vr but ingame it dont look like it know that it is in vr... if that make sence. the vr option button is grey - but i can go in and change settings.

3. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I have just installed and up date to 8.0.7 and have been having the GUI "flickering"problem intermittantly since install. Usually have to exit and restart game.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. flo

flo New Member

Is it possible to turn off reflections completely? Or will it be?
    They are very heavy on performance and actually quite useless (just some sort of visual gimmick). It is possible to turn off shadows and mirrors, which are essential tools for perception and orientation.
    I can not turn on all of them without performance problems, so it would be great to get rid of the reflections.

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you still having this issue, Johnny? It seems your wheel is not centered (it act as an input for the UI as well).

6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

I'll send a request to make it possible to turn it off to the team, but I would guess it will be not much of a priority right now. For the mean time, I would suggest lowering the resolution, as it has a lot of impact on performance.

7. NoThrottleControl

NoThrottleControl New Member

It would be great if an option to disable the controller in the menus could be made.
    I'm probably the only one with this kind of specific problem (although it would be also useful for people like the guy above) but i drive with keyboard and mouse using vjoy and i have to alt tab all the time to disable the controller to work around menus. Same thing was a problem in Pcars2.

And BTW vjoy devices are still not working correctly (x and y axes can't be used at the same time) but there is already a separate thread about that issue in this forum.

8. Douwe Buruma

Douwe Buruma New Member

Did you assign the pedals? After that you can calibrate them.

9. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I am experiencing no lap times recorded at Brands Hatch GP in "Single Race"" Practise, Qualy ( gaps displayed in Race) and Time Trial. I have tried Caterham Academy, Supersport and Vintage Gen2. Other tracks seem OK. Have verified Steam files OK.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

@ozcanuck, Brands Hatch will get corrected in the next hotfix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Johnny Penso

Johnny Penso New Member AMS2 Club Member

I played again last night for a couple of hours and it happened once but went away. I had no idea the wheel had to be centred. I'll try ensuring the wheel is centred whenever I enter the menu screen and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!

12. Towers

Towers New Member AMS2 Club Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti have you considered to solve the vjoy wheels deadzone issue (probably due to "controller damping" parameter broken?

Thanks

13. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You may want to turn up the "Menu FFB" setting. This will auto-center your wheel before you even get to the menu.

14. geg

geg New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

The game is unplayable for me, the video freeze but the FFB and the Sound are working and sync. I have to crt+alt+del and kill the game. If I restart the game I can't even do a lap and the video freeze again and again.

It started slowly since the 0.8.X update and became worth with 0.9.X.
    Please help can't play my favourite game any more.

I have done an integrity check and a fresh install with no success. Also deleted My Documents\Automobilista 2

I can send some log to debug if you explain me how to do it.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

@geg That happen to me, mostly in VR (as I play 90% of the time with my headset), and more often each time the sim is updated. Less often from the moment I removed the GPU overclock I had. It still happen, so I guess the overclock triggered the problem more quickly. Only game I have this issue so possibly AMS2 related.

Edit : Do you have any overclock on your CPU or GPU?

16. geg

geg New Member AMS2 Club Member

CPU OC @4.7 and no GPU OC. With the same configuration the game was ok until the 0.8.x

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  17. D3L8OY

D3L8OY New Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question; I have a Fanatec DD2 and Heusinkveld Sprint pedals, before the last update I could select "Seperate Pedals" and calibrate the Heusinkveld. I noticed in the latest update when I select the DD2 in the wheel selection and go to select seperate pedals and it is greyed out so I cant select seperate pedals and cant calibrate.

18. Diego Souza 41

Diego Souza 41 New Member

Hey! I am loving the game. I didn't know that the game was developed by a Brazilian studio until I have bought the game. I am so proud!

I have some suggestions (none is new idea, just stuff we see on other games, I understand that we can have engine limitations tough):

- In the multiplayer lobby, I miss the option to see how many minutes/laps are left for the end of a session

- Still in the lobby thing, would it be possible to have the lobby in a web page, or application where we can search for the races going on and maybe launch the game directly on them? That could possibly engage more people to play the multiplayer since you can just leave the browser open and see what's going on without having to actually open the game..

- Once we change the graphics settings, would it be possible to have an option to restart the game? While playing in VR, is a bit annoying to restart that since i need to abandon the Wheel and get the joytstick or keyboard to start the game again.

Thanks a lot guys, and keep it up!

19. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

So did you try without the OC?

20. Dylan R Coyle

Dylan R Coyle New Member

Hey, great game! Loving it since the start of EA. I've been having one issue since the last update regarding my throttle. I don't think this is a wheel problem since it persisted when it was unplugged, but for some reason, the game is registering throttle even when nothing is being touched. It only registers a little bit but it's enough to break the experience. What could the issue possibly be?