Two AMS versions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by marenghino, Dec 16, 2019.

1. marenghino

marenghino New Member

I have AMS on steam ane I would like to have 2 different AMS on my pc, one vanilla for online races and the other for offline with many mods on it and maybe different settings in the Document/Automobilista folder.
    How can I do it ?
    Is there a way to use AMSBeta version for offline ? Or even if i use AMS and AMSBEta they must share the same settings folder (Document/Automobilista)?

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

For different settings, creating another player profile would be enough.

And for having a modded and a vanilla AMS, the AMS Beta would work for offline, yes.

3. marenghino

marenghino New Member

Is there a way to "clone" the "Automobilista" installation in "AMSBeta" installation ?
    to do it, I need to install "AMSBeta" from steam, then what should I do to have the same parameters and profiles I have in "Automobilista"? May I copy the "Userdata" folder from "Automobilista" to "AMSBeta" or are there files in it that still point to the "Automobilista" version ? anything else to do ta have an identical clone ?

One last question ... for Automobilista I run it as administrator, so is there anything different in file structure if I run it as administrator or not ?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm almost sure you can copy your UserData folder from AMS to AMSBeta. If you start AMSBeta and it doesn't ask for a name to a new profile, then it worked.

If you run the exe as administrator, it will search for the UserData folder in the exe root folder. If not, it will search in your Documents folder.

• Informative Informative x 1