1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.0 wheel is not detected

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by goose, Jul 1, 2020.

1. goose

goose New Member

After updating to AMS2 1.0 my wheel is not working, it can be calibrated and the pedals are not detected as well, I tried ACC and it worked there, so the issue is in AMS2 v1.0

- I have tried deleting everything in the AMS2 documents folder and it did not help.
    - I uninstalled the game and deleted the `Aautomobilista2` documents folder and after a fresh install, it still does not work.
    - I updated the wheel's firmware, did not help.

wheel: Thrustmaster T300
    pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO Add-On Racing Pedals

Everything worked without a problem before the update.

settings.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. VoodooUomo

VoodooUomo New Member

My Simsteering2 54 is also not getting detected. I can get all the other controllers (pedals, shifter, button box) to be recognized but not steering controls.

3. goose

goose New Member

the hotfix did not fix anything for me, the wheel and pedals are still not working in AMS2, any other game has no problems.

4. goose

goose New Member

- Verified steam game data in the settings
    - launched the game in VR mode

It works now, it should have not been an issue for 1.0, very annoying!
    Don't know which of the actions finally got it working, but I will leave it here for future reference.

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh.. it already works. :p

6. goose

goose New Member

The pain still lingers, but at least it works now.
    btw all my world records are deleted xD

7. VoodooUomo

VoodooUomo New Member

What hotfix? Still no wheel here.
    Edit: I have the hotfix. It went from nothing when I try to assign the wheel to "multiple inputs detected" instead. Still can't get it to work.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

Same issue here aswell with an OSW Wheel. Worked perfectly until 1.0. Same error message aswell.

9. Andy MacMartin

Andy MacMartin New Member

I have a 2008 FREX SimWheel. I also get the "multiple inputs detected" message and can't calibrate the wheel. But I can assign the buttons on the wheel to various functions (like gear up or gear down).

10. goose

goose New Member

The lack of input from the developer regarding these issues is concerning, feels like a self-help forum.

11. VoodooUomo

VoodooUomo New Member

I’m heartened by the rapid hotfixes.

For all of us here whose hardware isn’t working we are getting 0 value out of the game. It’s not playable. How can we help you fix this, Reiza?

12. JPC

JPC New Member

My wheel (TS-PC Racer) and pedals (V3s) are no longer recognized. Was working fine in early access. WTF??

13. VoodooUomo

VoodooUomo New Member

I managed to get my wheel (SimSteering2) to finally work and thought I'd post here in case it works for others.
    I had my wheel setup to 540 degrees in the driver, that didn't work. I tried setting it to its max: 1500, that led to the 'multiple inputs detected' problem. What did work is setting it to 950, and then in the game, go to configure the steering axis, and move the wheel mostly, but not all the way to the direction I want, then moving it back slightly. This weird combo led to the wheel being recognized.

Another issue I had to deal with is that I have massive high frequency oscillation in the UI and I could only get rid of it by reducing menu spring down to 0. FFB in the game seems fine though.

I hope this helps someone else.

14. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

I have to delete AMS2 folder in Documents AND "Reset to Defaults" every time when I launch the game. If I don't do that steering and pedal inputs are not detected. It's soo frustrating.. Everything is gone,... especially button assignments.

15. Walter Cardillo

Walter Cardillo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been struggling with the same issue for months now. Ever since I upgraded my PC I can't get the Leo Bodnar SimSteering 2 steering wheel to work in AMS, AMS 2 and rFactor 2.
    Could you please confirm if you set the 950 degrees in the SimSteering 2 config file in windows or in the game settings?

16. Walter Cardillo

Walter Cardillo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have just tried changing the wheel rotation angle to 950 deg in the SimSteering Config software, with pedals and shifters disconnected and in the AMS game but no luck. Tried AMS 2 with pedals and shifters disconnected but no luck either. I was hoping someone could sent me their controller file to see if that would work. I'm out of ideas now and I have contact Reiza support but have had no response.