V8 Supercars missing auto cut off on upshifts (bug?)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Nathaniel Reese, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know Super V8 are just based on V8 Supercar so might be as designed but V8 supercars has auto cut off throttle when upshifting (with manual blip on downshifts) and that seems to be missing in AMS ..
    On upshifts engine revs to limiter (doesn`t cut off) and on lower gears tends to upset car a little bit.
    It doesn`t matter if you sellect auto or manual cluch. I know I can set auto cutoff in dificulty settings but this should be car setting not dificulty aid.
    Thanks if you find minute to look at it ;)

2. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Exactly! It does work properly when you set Auto lift in the options menu, but I personally have that on off (as well as Auto blip), because it messes up with the gearing of few cars like Formula Retro.

3. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

That was also the case in SCE. Strange nobody complained about it.

To be thorough, I think the real car actually has auto-lift but no auto-blip (you have to heel-toe with the lower gears). Auto-lift for that car only would be welcome.

4. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

somebody complained on RD .. and yep as I wrote Auto Cut off on upshifts and manual blip on downshifts .. you don`t think you need to heel and toe (clutch) on modern V8 ... eventhough lots drivers still does