1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I did that upgrade after the sound stopped working on my original Rift. I'm really happy with the Rift S, much clearer and more comfortable than the original. The downside is the built-in audio, which absolutely sucks. Oculus knows this though, which is why they built an earphone jack into the side of the headset itself! You can buy the same earphones used for the CV1 and enjoy the same sound quality instead. :cool:

I posted a kind of mini-review here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sigma P2 and other Protos that have their wheels covered, in VR have no wheels. If you try and look for your front tires they are not there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yep, noticed that on day one. It could well be to save system resources. Some other sims in the past (long before VR) used "floating cockpits" when you drove in cockpit view, rather than bothering to draw all the bits you couldn't actually see.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this is a very good solution to save resources. As long as I wouldn’t see those things while driving anyway they should leave it out.
    It’s nonsense to calculate everything and then you have a stuttery mess and low FPS...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Neil Rosson

Neil Rosson Member AMS2 Club Member

What sort of performance should i expect in VR with this game?
    I'm having to set everything to the lowest setting no supersampling or AA to stay at 90fps.
    This is with the Index.

6. Neil Rosson

Neil Rosson Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here with the game SS, it doesn't work also with Index.
    Even though you have a faster system than mine i would be interested to know what setting you run?

7. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did the devs change some defaults this version?

I was driving and in the middle of a lap my POV in my cv1 changed abruptly. Now I'm way too high in my seat, although I changed nothing on my side. Was the same in the formula cars I used after. Super annoying.

Also the sensation of speed seems off. Maybe the surfacebsurface aren't coming through as much.. hope it's not just my imagination.

EDIT - jumped gun. Apologies. Set recentre to race start in vr settings. Fixed.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

You should assign a button to recenter in VR IMHO. It's something I do a lot, when changing car, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I've been quite conservative to ensure I have headroom for racing with large fields, rain, dusk, night time etc
    1.3 SS in Steam VR - 90 FPS
    Single line in OpenVR graphics config edited to -
    <prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="0.500000" />
    visuals.PNG perf.PNG

10. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys thanks for your help, immediately after posting I made an edit as I realized I forgot to apply the recentre upon race start in the menu, after I updated to 9.1 and deleted my doc's. Appreciate your help guys!

11. keem85

keem85 New Member

Request to fix VR navigation for Fanatec users. It works fine to click around with the funky switch, and "select back" button works fine too, but we don't have any "select" button :) Have to rely on mouse

12. keem85

keem85 New Member

Oh, another thing.. It is not possible to start AMS2 in SteamVR if you own a Oculus Rift S.. It will choose NATIVE runtime no matter what.. I have to rely on a workaround to start ams.exe and ams2avx.exe both in windows 7 compatibility mode for it to be forced into SteamVR. I hope you guys can sort this out also so we don't have to rely on hacks..

If you wanna know why I want to use SteamVR, it's because of motion compensation app which only works with SteamVR (OpenVR Input Emulator).

13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pressing the funky switch in works for me @keem85 .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NavyFlipperHUN

NavyFlipperHUN Balazs Floszmann AMS2 Club Member

Hi All!
    Is possible to change the player name in the game?
    From steam name to real name.

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Not at the moment. Hopefully an incoming feature before final release, as I don't particularly want to race under my Steam name either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. keem85

keem85 New Member

Does not work for me. I have a Fanatec DD1 on driver 352.. Could be related to the Direct Drive series, or maybe my RSR 918 Rim? Pressing the funky switch does nothing for me, unfortunately.. I think it is a bug that should be adressed. I've spoken to one other guy over at simracing discord with the same issue. I had the same issue on pc2 also

17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I have similar hardware and suggest you to turn PostProcessing and Sun/godrays on. Those effects are really wonderful and (don’t know why) don’t eat much of performance.
    I race against full AI grid at 17:00 o clock and those godrays look gorgeous with 90 FPS.
    At least at sunny conditions I can crank up everything and it looks almost like real life in VR.
    Yeah, graphics isn’t that important in a sim but Reiza managed it somehow that I can enjoy them in VR because they have not that huge impact like for example in ACC.
    At night/rain I reduce SS to 1.0 (from 1.3) but still have sharpening filter at 2.9 for crisp picture.

18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Yes, they have no noticeable affect on performance - just not keen on post processing in VR. The crepuscular rays I've not made up my mind with yet - I've been alternating with this off and on.

19. lathajoh

lathajoh New Member

I'm new to the game and new to VR for racing. I'm sure I'll get to the more quality related topics but right now I'm struggling as I get motion sick in this game after about a minute. Any suggestions on what to play with first to make it more manageable? Maybe it's just my brain but I've not had issues in other games so far.

20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Playing with settings won't help that much as there are no "anti-sickness" features in AMS 2. VR racing involves a hell of a lot more body/movement disconnection than most VR games, hence the reason you're feeling it now whereas you weren't before.

The best way around it is just to practice. Start off with small doses, just a few minutes each, making sure to stop before any sickness is felt. Gradually build up these doses, and in time you'll find you can drive longer and longer. It's essentially a case of training your brain to deal with it, and training always takes time. You'll get there. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1