1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try turning movement options to zero in settings?
    That's a PC2 example but serves the purpose i guess:cool::p VR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

For what I rememember "Helmet look to Apex should have a very high vaue... like 100??

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Absolutely not, if you want to avoid motion sickness, since look-to-apex automatically turns the driver's head even though your own head stays static. That's the very core of what causes VR motion sickness in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lathajoh

lathajoh New Member

Thanks. I'll start with zeroes and work up.

5. Cliff

Cliff Member

Yep, desensitisation is the key to getting over VR sickness. Ginger helps to get rid of that sicky feeling. Also the smell of lavender is said to help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. amndingo768

amndingo768 New Member

Has anyone else noticed reduced performance in the newest update? Rainy weather causes especially poor performance on my system now. My graphics settings have not changed. i7 9700K; RTX 2080, 16GB ram @ 3200

7. Cliff

Cliff Member

Can't say I did using my benchmark car and track compo.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Adding to good @Goffik advices you can also be sure to reach your native headset framerate as it help. E.g. with my oculus CV1 my game settings let me have my 90fps 99% of the time (but few seconds when starting race with more than 15 AIs). And also play with the camera setting "World Movement", "Shake" and "G effect" to limit camera shaking. Be sure also to play with the "SharpeningStrengh" setting in your corresponding XML file in your Automobilista 2 document folder, it's a VR game changer and you will avoid to raise SuperSampling setting in the VR menu which is a real FPS killer and can induce nausea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So basically guys, boil it down. What is the most intensive settings that I need to be aware of? Up until now I've raced online with pretty high graphics settings - thought I'd actually give these pesky AI a go. Setup a day to night to day race with 30. Oh my... what a mess. What do I need to turn down or be wary of using? I've already turned my resolution down to 1920 now, it was 2.5k. I'm using 1.3 in my Oculus Debug program.

10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

SS in the VS menu is currently non functioning - it has no affect on SS and consequently no affect on FPS.

The only setting I have found to have a big impact is MSAA high. The others make reasonably small differences. If you are struggling for frames turn everything to medium, perhaps turn off detailed mirrors and put detailed grass and particle level and density to low. If you have headroom start turning things up. i've found you have to restart the game after any performance change for it to be implemented - even when not prompted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Aaron Green

Thanks to everyone on this thread, i went through most sections listed at the start and have listened to what others have added. Honestly, I thought RRRE looked good in VR. This game, with these suggestions? Ive never experienced VR like it. It looks incredible, almost like having 2 monitors on your face. Brilliant - thank you all again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

cheers for all the good advice on this thread guys ,,,the "SharpeningStrengh" edit is defo where the magic is at ,,,looks so much nicer now. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aaron Green

Exactly my thoughts. I was shocked at the difference that made ask by itself.

14. week

week New Member

Can you share how to change sharpening and which values have you tested?

15. week

week New Member

Repeated.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

In the file your Documents\Automobilista 2\graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml (because I have an Oculus Rift, check other xml files if you don't) you can change the last 3 values. I just change the SharpeningStrengh and mine is at 2,9 as you can see (from 0.000000 to 2.999999 max). Backup your file before change just in case. If you messup you just have to delete it and game will recreate one next time you launch the game in VR.

<prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="2.900000" />
    <prop name="SharpeningClamp" sharpeningclamp="0.090000" />
    <prop name="OffsetBias" offsetbias="1.000000" />

This do the same job as SuperSampling in the VR menu in game, but with nearly no cost.Just magic o_O

• Like Like x 1
  17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Alan Bernardo

Alan Bernardo New Member

Actually I heard, from someone or from somewhere, that the values here and elsewhere are reversed. May not be the case with head to apex movement, but it is to world movement, where 100 is no movement at all.

In the end, none of these settings seem to make much of a difference in VR. It seems to start fine, but then, eventually, one is back to more movement that wanted.

None of these unpredictable movements cause any kind of nausea, as I'm quite used to it.

Still EA. Maybe we'll get some clarification on all this.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Nothing is backwards. 100 world movement means the world moves and the camera stays locked to the vehicle. 0 world movement means the vehicle moves and the camera stays locked to the world. Both extremes can potentially cause motion sickness as well as any setting in between. It's the movement/body disconnect that can cause sickness, not the movement itself.

Look-to-apex does exactly what I said it does, makes the camera swivel to look towards the direction you're turning, despite your head staying still. It's exactly this kind of virtual movement vs body movement that causes VR motion sickness, which is why I said this setting should be 0 for those that are susceptible. To be honest, this function doesn't serve any purpose in VR anyway since you can physically move your head so should be disabled by default.

Already been clarified. The world movement system from AMS 1 is coming to AMS 2 so should be a marked improvement when it arrives.

20. hereforthat51

hereforthat51 Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience g force was reversed. I had read that here on the forum somewhere too. But it is not anymore.
    World movement is not. 100 the camera is locked to vehicle and 0 the camera is locked to horizon.
    But it still doesn't work that well. There is even yaw stutter at the moment.
    But Reiza will eventually bring AMS1 camera to AMS2 they said.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1