1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday after setting a good time in qualifying I had time to watch the AI and realized again how absolutely great the VR trackside cams are. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to "walk around" the track as a spectator using VR teleportation? Would this involve a lot of effort?

[​IMG]

2. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

If you reduce your monitor resolution setting in VR mode (you don't need a full resolution on your monitor whilst in VR), then you make the hud area onscreen in VR smaller. This means you can't always grab the elements to move them. Set your monitor resolution to its native resolution and then adjust your VR Hud elements. You can also reduce the size and, X, Y, Z placement of the overall hud screen by using the keypad keys -see the help menu on the Hud screen.

3. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello good,
    I have started using quest 2 again after a year, with: Virtualdesktop with its VDXR runtime + opencomposite. When I enter the game, the scale of the world feels unreal (too close and the car too small), and if I move my head it's like my FOV is super off. This had never happened to me, every time I had entered AMS2, compared to the scale of the world it had always felt super natural.

Do you know what it could be?

Edit: I deleted the documents folder and now it seems to work fine xD

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

You can always adjust world scale with OpenXR Toolkit if you like

5. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Any word on if they are going to fix the "live update elements" hud popup? It's so freaking annoying. You disable the HUD, yet it still pops up when you make brake bias or traction control changes. When I select "no HUD" I mean NO HUD. please I've been asking for this to be fixed for literally 4 years now

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. wickfut

wickfut Member

You do know there's a world scale setting in the option screen where you adjust seating position.

Returned my 2nd Pimax Crystal. I spent more time messing with it trying to get it to work right than actually using it. They didn't fix the audio sync with the update. The update also made it so I had to spend a minute or so press on/off trying to get it to connect to the PC. My eye tracking started to not get recognised. etc What a pain in the arse headset. Now just wait a month for Amazon to refund me and hopefully see what a Somnium VR1 looks like.

7. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. nicezic

nicezic New Member

OpenXR overlay Ctrl+F2 is not showing.
    MetaQuest3 with PCLink(USB cable) running... ( set by default OpenXR ).
    I installed OpenXR, and composite.
    In OpenXR, I cannot See any gamelist.
    in composite, I see AMS2 in configure.

• start up process.
    1. Trun on pc, and MQ3.
    2. Activate Oculus PC ink.
    3. Check AMS2 is set to OpenXR in composite.
    4. Run AMS2 with SteamVR mode in steam.
    After running AMS2 with steamVR, I can see there's no steamVR running.
    However, I cannot see the overlay, CTRL+F2.
    Help me please.

9. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Terrible VR performance after the update. 7800x3d + 3080 + 64 GB ram.

Even if I set everything to the lowest settings, and even set the steam resolution to 30% it still won't achieve 90 fps stable. everything was fine before the update

10. Flavio Engel

Flavio Engel Member

I'm noticing some stuttering every now and then now after the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

My VR performance is also worse than before the update. I experience some microstutters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Colin Wright

Colin Wright New Member

Yep my performance is worse gpu usage is also higher, 7800x3d rtx4090 pimax crystal

13. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello it’s because whatever we do us meta headsets users the game will launch in oculus mode

there is no call to steamvr by the Game means all the openxr tools are not accessible

mat least that’s what I have learned and experienced

to improve the performance with my Q2 I use vrperfkit instead
    Resolution scaling and FOV rendering can be adjusted by editing a file
    Some tutorial exist on YT to achieve that purpose

14. Rendel

Rendel New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I use Virtual Desktop instead of Oculus link. And instead of installing OpenComposite, I only copy the Opencomposite dll file (openvr_api.dll) in the AMS2 folder, replacing the AMS2 original dll file. With that I can see the OpenXR menu in game and configure everything, launching the game with SteamVR option. I hope it helps.

Additionally and for better performance, in Virtual Desktop PC options I have selected VDXR.

And about the other last comments in this thread, I have also noticed a worse performance after last AMS2 update from yesterday. Some sttuter even driving alone (3080 RTX) when in previous version everything was far better.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  15. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I have to concur, although I only got to run a couple of cars at Oulton, Brand’s and Donny last night, my FPS was immediately suffering since updating and I too had drop quality settings to regain.

16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Fair point about VD

If the standard way to launch can be bypassed by VD. and get the openxr triggered that’s great

I did a couple of runs yesterday after the Game update also with a RTX3080 and no significant stutter
    I don’t use fpsvr that was told to create such stuttering with their latest update in other Games

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I need to take a look at this, as I understood OpenComposite would not work. Thanks for the detailed response you gave.

18. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I am quoting myself because I was testing VR with Render scale set at 0.9 as it used to be before the Game update.
    If I set to 1.0 so native resolution from the headset its true that stutters is noticeable.
    I am current testing a PICO VR headset(the P4),I need to see whether it happens the same with my Q2, or not

Extract of the vrperfkit file here
    # enable (true) or disable (false) upscaling
    enabled: true
    # method to use for upscaling. Available options (all of them work on all GPUs):
    # - fsr (AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution)
    # - nis (NVIDIA Image Scaling)
    # - cas (AMD FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening)
    method: cas
    # control how much the render resolution is lowered. The renderScale factor is
    # applied to both width and height. So if renderScale is set to 0.5 and you
    # have a resolution of 2000x2000 configured in SteamVR, the resulting render
    # resolution is 1000x1000.
    # NOTE: this is different from how render scale works in SteamVR! A SteamVR
    # render scale of 0.5 would be equivalent to renderScale 0.707 in this mod!

renderScale: 1.0

19. Rendel

Rendel New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have tested again today and no stutter. It seems that yesterday something else what impacting in the performance just after the update. Strange. I will continue testing next days.

20. Colin Wright

Colin Wright New Member

Would like to know why the update has effected vr performance, tracks like Montreal l could hold 90fps no problem now getting drops into the mid eighties on certain parts, tried steam vr and openxr both drop at the same points on the circuit, haven't changed any game settings.