1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

That didn't work for me i hade to do the dll-file for each game. If ctrl+F2 don't start the app it doesn't work!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

3. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

FSR is mainly used to reach 90 fps or to give the user more headroom above 90 fps, giving the user the option to raise the graphical settings!

4. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I've gone through lengths to explain it shouldn't be used like that. 90fps with a certain amount of headroom is fixed (should be fixed). Fsr is then used as an upscaler to improve image sharpness.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. I did use that but I noticed that I used the 32bits file instead of the 64bits.:whistle:

now it works indeed. The only thing now is to find out what the best settings are. I think I’m gonna watch some YouTube’s on this. :D

So the best thing is to set ingame everything as high as possible and then in the openxr toolkit
    Lower res so the upscaler can do its job?

6. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I confirm this, I tested with a Quest 3 and it kept starting in oculus mode untill bypassing it. Changing the openVR api didn't work on it's own.

7. Natán

Natán New Member

Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the right place for my question.
    Some one know if would it be possible for the game to send telemetry during replays, so that my motion platform is active and I can take a lap around the circuit from the perspective of a co-driver?

Thank you, everyone.

8. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Not really, it's very subjective which graphics settings should be used. Personally I use most settings medium, except track and car detail on high.

Once you settled your graphics settings you can choose a resolution that gives you 90 FPS with some headroom. If you're happy you can then use fsr and increase the resolution (you can use resolution override for this) and fsr at around 75% (my choice) and some sharpness. You can increase the resolution until you reach the headroom you're happy with. That is how I tune it.

Your screen clarity should improve this way, but there are some artifacts using fsr sometimes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bull Shark

Thanks, I get 90fps with my current settings. Did not test it with Rain and Night but with rain alone it still shows 90fps.
    I have most settings set to high atm. A few to ultra. I runs wonderfully well.
    But after I started with OpenXR and fiddled with the settings It does not got better.
    I presume I best can try to set all things back to default but I don’t know the default settings.
    The near surroundings are Cristal clear and sharp. But in the distance it look worse than it was.
    Need to do more tests I’m afraid.
    And what is annoying atm, I get 90fps and 91fps , when it goes from 90 to 91 I see a stutter. I can’t get it steady on 90fps somehow.

other than that, it is great to be back in VR of course.. even with lesser GFX compared to a monitor.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
  10. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just disable the toolkit if you don't require any of it's options. There is a checkbox in the launcher for this, AMS will still be set to use OpenXR as it's runtime. I really only use the toolkit for displaying frametimes now when testing other things. If you're not using it disable it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miquel Angel Sanchez

Miquel Angel Sanchez New Member

Hola a todos, me presento por aquí, haber si me podéis ayudar, me pasa lo siguiente, si enciendo el ordenador y mis VR PICO 4 con SteamVR, y inicio el juego tal como me sale respecto a la ultima vez que jugué ningún problema todo bien, pero si después se me ocurre cambiar de coche o de circuito, en el momento de darle a inicio se queda clavado, y no hay manera de hacerlo funcionar ni reiniciando el juego, y tampoco si reinicio el ordenador y acto seguido intento jugar, si lo intento al día siguiente pues si me deja y volvemos a las mismas. Tambien me pasa si he comenzado a jugar con VR con otros juegos y después lo intento con Automobilista 2..., no sé que puede ser, estoy por eliminar el juego y volver a instalarlo de cero, pero claro me gustaría no tener que hacerlo...

12. chonk

Try verify the game files first before attempting a full reinstall, remove any mods if you have added some. Remove anything like reshade etc. Try recreating the issue in 2d mode to rule out if it's VR specific. Just try to rule out as many things as possible, peripherals, overclocks, in-game settings etc before nuking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I am having the 91fps stutter glitch with both my Q2 and N3l headsets and couldn’t fix it
    Maybe I should set frame limit in NVIDIA cp or in openxr toolkit

as per performance I am on a 5800x3d and 4080super combo and it’s doing really good but night racing in some tracks is really challenging to maintain 90fps if I have set MSAA to high to fight the awful aliasing of the madness engine

I guess your 4090 would not bother though

enjoy

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Set a 90 fps cap in NVCP or Rivatuner.;

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Thanks, I have a 4080 Super as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

lol I thought you bought a 4090

well enjoy the 4080s as much as I do then

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Thanks. The 4090 is a bit over the top price wise. For a few frames more you have to pay €500/€700 more. :eek: the 4080 super performs more than ok for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Miquel Angel Sanchez

Miquel Angel Sanchez New Member

Hola, gracias por tus recomendaciones, he verificado los ficheros pero sigue igual, solo me pasa en modo realidad virtual, ayer noche después hacer una carrera con Assetto Corsa en VR, lo intenté con Automobilista 2 y no me dejaba iniciar el juego, en cambio con pantalla todo bien, no sé si hay algo en concreto de configuración que pueda mirar? Si no cuando pueda lo desinstalaré...

19. chonk

You're very welcome, you could try deleting your AMS 2 folder in Documents, that may flush out some odd setting that's creating an issue. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest. I use Virtual Desktop + OpenXR rather than Pico Connect and SteamVR. But I doubt it's a Connect issue as it tends to just work. Hope you get it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

Pimax Crystal/Light "125 Fov"? quest-3-measured-fov-compared-to-other-headsets-v0-ninayh23vqsb1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1