1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ulotrix

ulotrix Member

I have Destek QH3 and it's great for PCVR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

I bought the original Meta head strap on day one, no clue what it is called. Didn´t even try the cloth strap, attached the plastic strap and never looked back. Works perfectly for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Thanks guys. To much choice. :D

4. Ed Doherty

Ed Doherty New Member

Has anyone else experienced an issue with AMS2 launching only in Steam VR and not on Open XR? I just noticed that this is happening. I prefer OpenXR only as it seems to run better that Steam VR. I seem to remember that there was a Steam VR update recently and wonder if it is related.

5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Using Oculus I assume? You need to get this dll GitHub - rodolZ80/bypass-oculus-detector: Windows Library that simulates not having the Oculus service running and having the VR Headset disconnected.

6. Bull Shark

7. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had one issue since I do not know when (VR driver only): some classes have weird "not-smooth" camera. It is difficult to explain: like if the camera was jumping step by step, it is not smooth. Especially open wheelers do this to me, and I noticed the more modern car, the worse this issue is. For example Retro Gen 1 are perfectly smooth while BT52 is almost unplayable for me because of this: it nauseates me. It is not system fps issue, everything is always rock stable 90Hz (Varjo Aero).

8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have all bottom three set to 0 ? Look to apex and both leaning options, i had a similar issue with the camera if i had those anything other than 0.
    20240519135951_1.jpg

9. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes (also "show helmet" is 0: I see no reason to limit my view furthermore with this option on when the hmd itself has lower FOV than certified racing helmets).
    I have head movement at 100 though, anything lower nauseates me. But even with 0 the effect is the same, the image just jumps. The feeling is similar like driving a GT1 or something stiff like that over Sebring. And the effect is the worst in turns, it feels like the car is making microslides. Slide, grip, slide, grip, slide grip... and everything bounces.

10. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Has anyone had this intermittent performance issue where the game in VR will stutter baaaaad, and sometimes blackout the screen? It started happening to me about 2 days before v1.5.6.3 dropped. And it's plaguing me ever since.

The performance is flawless otherwise. And has been for as long as I've used AMS2

Last edited: May 28, 2024
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Online or offline ? Offline i never had any issues ever, while online there are random micro-freezes ever since i started playing this game 2 years ago.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Really? I have some micro freezes/stutters now and then. Although I have a 1GB connection.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this issue on my Pico 4. I am using Open Composite and OpenXR. After the update using Open Composite the stuttering was gone.
    BTW: Has v1.6 dropped?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Sorry not 1.6, the preview version to 1.6, v1.5.6.3

So there was an Open Composite update? I also use Open Composite and OpenXR, I'll look into it, thank you!

I ran the update, hopefully it works! I've tried everything, including making the game and WMR high CPU priority....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to say that I tried the new „F1 24“ game and must say that I‘m really impressed. Handling and performance is still better in AMS2 but there are some things I hope Reiza can also achieve:

- Working sparks in VR (rendered correctly in both eyes!)! Looks so good, hope we will get them in AMS2 too some day…
    - great rain effects in VR
    - Perfect atmosphere (graphics details, crowds, track-details…) but still acceptable performance (at least on my high end PC)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tm_91

Tm_91 New Member

I think i have the same problem... Which driver did you update? These for 7800x3d? Do you have a link maybee?

17. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Does anyone know how to get OpenXR toolkit running for this game? I am using a Quest 3 over link cable

18. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Sure ;)

* install OpenXR
    * bypass Metacrap : GitHub - rodolZ80/bypass-oculus-detector: Windows Library that simulates not having the Oculus service running and having the VR Headset disconnected.
    Youtube (
    ) has many guides and there is a written one on this forum somewhere :)

OR buy Virtual Desktop - less fuzz more racing imho (quality debatable but 99% = settings related ;))

However ... still prefer the old G2 over the quest3 for AMS2. The quest is awesome for flightsims and FPS/RPG in VR, not so for fast paced games that suffer from high latency ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello
    I had left my Q2 unattended for a couple of months, I am doing PCVR Simracing and using another VR headset when I play such Games.
    But tonight I fired up my Q2 in AMS2 with the headset connected vis USB link.

I really remember pulling these settings in the past without problem but then I am experiencing micro stutters and sporadic graphical artifacts that are runing the VR experience.

Later tonight I will try to reduce the bitrate from current 960 but really my 5800X3D and 4080SUPER used to be able to pull this without problem so why now this is happening. I will try also with other Games as comparison.
    I have updated the NVIDIA drivers recently so maybe that's the the root cause?

i don't know if that's a thing but we are still on v65 for the META app version here in Japan

thanks in advance

upload_2024-6-5_21-8-14.png

upload_2024-6-5_21-7-54.png