1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

Yes I also read DLSS was easy to implement, SPS is another awesome technology mostly unused:(

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. cheese

cheese New Member

Sorry I disappeared for a bit, don't know if still relevant but:

no afterburners.

Here are my settings for Original Vive / 2070s and old i5:

Visual FX:
    Post Processing on, everything else off (apart from cockpit mirrors)

Performance:
    Texture Res: High
    Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16x
    MSAA: Medium
    Everything else: Either Low or Off when it allows.

Shadows are killer. fpsVR is your friend. Hot lapping and online runs at 90, with some drops that don't matter much.

Evening into night time immediately throws it into reprojection.

It looks great in VR, everything works well and it's a fantastic game. I stopped fiddling around and just play it now without thinking about settings, so someone might have better insights than me.

Cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

If the SMS engine code were optimized to work with the new Windows GPU hardware scheduler, we could see even more benefit. Most current gen games show none but some games show a 5% increase in performance. There are so many great optimizations out there that could provide a much needed boost with the current gen hardware.

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I hope for any VR performance boost too although I have quite good hardware but I switched from Oculus Rift to Pimax 8K plus and now I have to play AMS2 on low graphics-settings, smallest FOV option (called “Potato”!!!:oops:) and lowest refresh rate (72 Hz instead of 90 or 144 Hz) and no supersampling to achieve fluid frame rate of 72 FPS without reprojection or smartsmoothing...
    Didn’t expect this because AMS2 was the sim with the best VR performance on my old Rift CV1 and I’m really satisfied with my new Pimax headset in all my other VR-games (much higher quality/resolution, much higher FOV, still fluid gameplay...).
    Maybe it’s the problem that Reiza don’t support canted VR displays so that I’m forced to use a Pimax option named “parallel projection” and this causes huge FPS impact, whereas other games (like RFactor2) got support of this with a patch...

5. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Try some of the suggestions in this thread:
    Automobilista 2

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has the flag -novrmirror stopped working?

7. ruztytoaster

ruztytoaster New Member

Hi is anyone else having stuttering issues in vr on current nvidia drivers? Using fps vr and not showing any frame drops but stutter is very pronounced even when sitting in pits. Ive rolled back to April drivers and now all stuttering has gone.

8. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

No issues with the newest driver for me.

9. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Been getting horrible stuttering since rebuilding my pc, and remembered that audio drivers sometimes affect this.
    So i uninstalled the realtek drivers that i downloaded from windows optional updates, leaving me with what are i suppose the default drivers, and now it's wonderful.
    Could just be coincidence, but worth a try if anyone's getting similar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

RTX 3080 looks pretty impressive. I might be in on one in the next few months.

I actually noticed this, and rolled back to older drivers and it went away. This turned up maybe 2 months ago. I dont notice it in other games, but Im moving aroudn a lot more in other games than in my racing games.

Somehow, it has turned up again... and by stutter, I dont mean framerate, I mean view tracking. Framerate seems fine, it just judders or whatever they call it.

11. sgsfabiano

I get stutterings when making turns. Anybody else?

12. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

If you're not already, I recommend turning on 'Game Mode' in Win10 and hand-pick the exe files of the specific that games you want to be CPU-prioritised. It also stops other processes that can hinder performance, like checking for updates etc, whilst playing.
    I've seen noticeable gains in performance whilst playing(and in the recorded playback of) VR games by doing this.

13. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I feel like DLSS is something that should be available to most any demanding VR title. I know Reiza might not have control over this as they didn't create the engine but perhaps they can petition working on it together with SMS (PC3 VR performance can use all the help it can get).

Sim racing titles (and flight/space sims) that support VR always need some extra grunt in the hardware department if you want to push graphical settings and SS or AA (I prefer high AA with sharpening in AMS2 over SS) unless you want to run with whatever version of reprojection your HMD of choice supports.

DLSS is something that provides benefits to all. Imagine not having to drop the extra cash on a high end GPU and instead be able to run a lower resolution and get extra crispness and raise those effects settings? Or take your current settings and run SS with no performance hit? It's a benefit for all.

Reiza, if you all see this comment, I hope it's something you can honestly try to see if you can implement. It won't just benefit VR users but everyone with newer Nvidia GPUs no matter the output (16:9, 21:9 and larger, triples, VR).

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you hand pick the exe files of the specific games?
    I can't seem to see any option other than a on/off toggle for Game Mode

15. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Also wanted to come in and say that SMS did something to the helmet cam in PC3. It doesn't hit performance anymore like it did in PC2. I hope that this can also be implemented in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Stanj2

Stanj2 New Member

In Game mode look to the right at the graphics settings, click on it and you'll see the performance options and a browser choice for the app exe.

17. sgsfabiano

upload_2020-9-2_18-40-13.png

In english it is probably something like "Graphic settings"

• Like Like x 2
  18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

No, it benefits the small percentage of gamers that can afford the cards the technology is supported on. I'd be willing to bet that is less than 25% of the total playerbase, and therefore not worth wasting development time on, in my opinion. There are far more important improvements that really would be a benefit to "all". (Read: the majority of players.)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, it's under 'Graphics settings'.
    Then, under 'Choose an app to set preference', select Desktop app and then Browse. From there you can add the precise locations of the exe files.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Helmet cam in AMS2 has zero performance penalty for me in VR. It did in early builds but has been fine for months.

• Informative Informative x 1