1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Solve it by adjusting your body position in real world (move a bit back), then press button for “recenter VR view”, then move back to your normal position in real world...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I try this every time I get in a car that has a problem with the seating position in game. It works a bit, but I can only move my head back so far into the seat rest and press the recenter button. I usually can't get my head back far enough to eliminate the problem all together.

I assume this is something Reiza will eventually fix. It is annoying though, having to see my racing suit collar floating in front of my chin for an entire race :D

3. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Yeah, it’s a pain. Especially with motion rigs. There really is no need for the top part of the avatar body in VR. I love the arms and wheel but the body can go.

4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

It seems that the driver's head position in some cars is not correctly set, and I keep meaning to list which they are and report them. I use the advice given about moving my head and resetting the view until I feel my head is located correctly above the drivers neck, and I have to do this in many sims that have the same fault, like some cars (mostly mods) in rF2.

Adjusting the seat position shouldn't help, as I would hope that the driver will move with the seat (and also his head!), and so should still be incorrectly located. It's meant to be a simulation, and I know that when I adjust the seat in my car, my body moves with it and doesn't leave my head behind.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The view position in VR is a common issue in many titles but, inconsistencies in how the user calibrates their particular VR system cannot be accounted for by the game developers alone. So some such issues are likely to continue, even if the dev's have the head position perfect.

Setting seat adjustment buttons / keys is one way we can compensate for some discrepancies, changing body position at "reset VR view" is another but, beyond that, HMD position setup & calibration can certainly affect the overall result in seated games. We need to utilize all of the available tools at our disposal and allow ourselves some amount of margin to work with.

6. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

That might be true, but many cars place your head correctly while certain others do not, so I don't think it's due to VR calibration, but is more likely due to an incorrect head location relative to the seat for that particular car.

I guess we need to find a car where it is incorrect and then find out if it is repeatably incorrect for a number of users with different HMDs. If this shows the same trend for all, then it will be a setting in the car that needs adjusting, but if all are wildly different, then you're probably right regarding what you said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DrPenguin

DrPenguin New Member

The Metalmoro AJR P1 is what I noticed it in. As I try other cars I'll update with any I find. I use a Rift CV1

8. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I like seeing the body and harness there. What I would suggest is a setting for each if possible. Or at least no wheel, wheel, and wheel + driver.

I agree about the larger discussion about slightly off seat positions by default. Maybe Reiza could go through all of the cars at some point, update the seat position and while there also take care of the funky way drivers sit on the seats and have their feet in some wild angles (Fusca: feet bent 45 to the right, MCR2000: driver is squatting in the cockpit) in older content. I'm sure this has been mentioned here before a thousand times though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah in most cars(especially the single-seaters and prototypes), the driver’s knees should be up near to the steering wheel, but in most cases the legs are laid out flat, which looks totally wrong in VR, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Is there a way to increase VR FOV? I think i should see the both mirrors without need of too head movement bu currently it is half way through.

11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pimax? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Move your seat back?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Can you see both your mirrors in your IRL car without moving your head?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Well, normally you adjust your mirrors so that when you turn your head you can see behind you in your mirrors. I don't think you can adjust mirror angle in the game.

I know what he means, in VR if I am racing a car with mirrors, looking at them they are not adjusted properly, I can't see behind me. I have to move my head laterally a lot to try to see behind me in the mirror. I think this is what he is talking about.

Of course there is the virtual mirror, but if I want to turn off the hud overlay and have a more realistic experience and use the mirrors, they are not in adjustment making them useless, looking at them, I can see the grass on the sides of the track, not behind me (without moving my head 30 or 40cm side to side)

15. ToMythTo

I can sense there is a mirror there but never turned mu head about 80degrees to look at it maybe only 30.
    Besides next time be cautious in your car; you really even see light on the other window. It is somewhat blurred ok but I aim to get that fov to compare if it is something give me the more immersion.

16. ToMythTo

With requesting a fov setting my initial aim is not only mirrors but also to test if it has more immersion.

17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I agree that we need mirror adjustments but that's a different issue. I think what you are experiencing is a limitation of the headset's FOV - humans natural FOV is around 210 degrees but my Index FOV is only about 130 degrees so more head movement is needed than in IRL. It's not an issue though - you adapt. You can decrease the virtual world scale by altering the config file to see both mirrors without moving your head but that would scale the world unnaturally small.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

To run a G2 close too 100% in a racing sim you will need a 3080ti or 3090. You will also then need to make sure your power supply is at least 850w.
    Any cards weaker than what I’ve listed above and you will need to down sample in steam to around 50% resolution to have any chance of playing driving sims.

19. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

I’m running my G2 at 100% with a 2080ti. Motion smoothing is switched on though. Everything on ultra apart from grass and msaa at medium. Looks great and runs well.

20. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Where are the motion smoothing settings?

Thanks
    Baz