1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes yes yes on the first one. My second worst issue is horizon lock not working correctly in banked corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did anyone else experience a VR performance hit recently? I am trying to determine if the performance loss is due to a SteamVR update, or an AMS2 update. I'm definitely frustrated at the moment because I had 90FPS locked at Spa, and now it's a stuttering mess without any graphic/visual settings being changed. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

3. RDG

RDG Active Member

Not SteamVR related, also have noticably worse performance here on OculusVR.

• Like Like x 1
  4. marc phelps

marc phelps Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah - pretty sad here
    wanted to try out all the lovely new upgrades after 2 weeks of hard work

but GPU performance just fell off a cliff. 45 fps or lower !!!
    and a 50% reprojection after the last upgrade ( never seen that )

even if i drag all of the settings down to medium and lower steam reprojection to 80%
    was running sweet 2 weeks ago
    any suggestions out there?

running a vive pro 2
    but with a water cooled EVGA 3090

5. James Arnold

James Arnold New Member AMS2 Club Member

I updated my nvidia drivers a few weeks back and noticed i had lost a heap of performance in VR.
    I looked in the settings in the nvidia control panel and it had DSR factors and smoothness set both to max. Turned them off/low and i was all good again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chip

Interesting. I tested a bunch of Nvidia drivers, and settled on an older version and I haven’t updated since, but yet AMS2 has taken a massive performance hit. Perhaps I will try newest Nvidia driver again to see if it helps. Other suggestions are welcomed as well!

7. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Just for information, I haven't had any drops in VR performance after latest updates. Running Quest 2 via Airlink.

8. Chip

For those without performance drops, are you running the latest version of Nvidia drivers? My plan is to start there, but then will start reverting SteamVR changes is that doesn't work. If it were only a few FPS difference, I wouldn't bother, but I've lost a solid 30% FPS or more :(

9. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

WIth current drivers...I have not had any loss. Running Ryzen 3600x 3060ti Reverb G2

10. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Performance is good for me with the latest nvidia driver, a few microstutters here and there but good in all conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Not the very latest Nvidia driver, haven't updated yet. Running 3080 ti , Quest 2 on Full resolution, AMS2 on Ultra, getting a locked 72 fps.

12. Chip

Well, I updated to the latest Nvidia driver a few hours ago, and it didn’t help sadly. I’m not sure what the issue is, but seems strange I can’t run low graphic settings on AMS2 with 80% SS with a Reverb G2 and RTX 3080. For most of the lap around Spa (time trial mode) it’s fine at 90 FPS, but hairpin before Eau Rouge, I drop to below 70 FPS and then the stutter in frame rates lasts until getting to the bottom of Eau Rouge. I wish I could narrow it down to which update caused the problem. I used to be able to get 90 FPS locked around Spa on medium graphic settings.

13. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

no performance drop for me with last game update and last nvidia drivers

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

My 3080 runs smooth as silk but I have shadows and reflections off / low but run 70% resolution scale AA high added a little sharpening..looks and performs great .I have discovered that anything above 70% res scale starts to impact on performance in certain situations so now leave at 70% headset G2

15. Chip

Thanks for the added info. So, just to clarify, you run 70% SS in SteamVR, and then set MSAA on high within AMS2? Also, what do you set sharpening to in the AMS2 file? Thanks. I will definitely try your approach.

16. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Hi chip - no worse for me with latest update and nvidia drivers - settings as per the 90fps option in my settings doc here - AMS VR G2 Settings

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

FSR has worked really well for me. I think the trick is getting the "Render scale" setup at 0.85 or over in the OpenVR config file and then cranking up the SteamVR SS to compensate with the added GPU headroom. Most of the long distance shimmering is gone for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. viperlogic

viperlogic New Member

AMS2 newbie! Are there recommended settings for AMS2 with a RTX 3090 and Oculus Quest 2? Thank you in advance.

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

What this online rating system is supposed to do? Because AMS2 server is full of noobs and a**holes bashing the good racers and nothing happens with them.

20. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Well, I have Quest 2 and 3080ti (very close to 3090 for performance), rest of rig in my sig below. I run Quest via airlink, set to highest resolution in Oculus PC app at 72 fps. Most of AMS2 graphics at Ultra with MSAA at medium. FPS is pretty well locked at 72 fps.