1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta New Member

For me to solve the tracking stuff and the blue screens it was:

1. Update x570 motherboard amd firmware/bios
    2. Use seperate PCI card

If you dont do 1 then setting motherboard video card slot to PCIE version 3 in bios also worked.

I never got a new cable.but then i never had the soundbug.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For my Reverb G2 to track properly, I absolutely must have the room lights on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding tracking issues: I had been fighting too. With Index. The cause was EMI from my DD base - EMI ferrite core suppressor solved it for me. Friends with G2 had the same issue and they solved it with that too.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/rt5gxDxzEK64Bz3u5[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

The funny thing is, before the AMD firmware update the headset was running fairly well with the PCIe card I bought for it, but now it doesnt run at all when I use it. No matter if I set BIOS to GEN3 or GEN4...

Getting better results with the USB-C directly connected to the GPU.

But even with the new cable it will sometimes just not get recognized, sometimes not even after a reboot.
    And the drifting issue is so random I still have no clue what causes it.
    If it was EMI, Im guessing it should always get interference...

Still going strong for now tho, maybe I fixed it somehow by accident. :D

5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I never set SteamVR to 100%. I set it to 20% but on Pitool, you set the rendering greater than 1.0. I set mine to 1.75. In SteamVR, you set the specific app of custom resolution multiplayer to 62% (you can lower this number if fps is taking hit). For the in-game settings, I set SS to 1.0 (it doesn't need to be high since either SteamVR or Pitool will take care of the rendering). Then I adjust the following with texture resolution set to HIGH (I am using Geforce Game Ready Driver version 461.33): 20220112_230526b.jpg 20220112_230433a.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the infos. Still impressive your performance compared to mine.

Does it matter if you reduce resolution in Steam-VR first and then raise it again in Pi-Tool like you do or leave it at 100%/1.0 like I do? Isn’t it just a calculation of a resolution value which counts at the end and determines how many pixels have to be rendered?

You still have a much bigger resolution value than me (because of the higher headset resolution 8KX compared to 8k+ AND the wider chosen FOV: normal vs potato :D) AND still get a better framerate!

Maybe you can also post your hardware (GPU/CPU/Motherboard….)?
    Do you also have the sharpening filter set in ini-file like I do (I have 2.9 value for more clarity)?

I still think there’s something wrong on my side when I compare our hardware and settings and hope that I can fix it.. :oops:

7. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Yep, I did ferrite core suppressor too and it help immensely with EMI with my headset, wheel and motionrig. With that much electronic equipment in one area it was a must.
    https://www.amazon.com/Jabinco-20pc...1642350098&sprefix=ferrite+core,aps,97&sr=8-3

8. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where do you clip these exactly on the wire? Does it matter? Do you place one or multiples on each wire? Any rhyme or reason to which cables get one? Thanks!

9. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Mainly around USB cables that send the signals and power cords for wheels and motion rig. 1 on each cable is enough.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I am not sure if it matter if you reduce steamVR resolution first but I have tried both and I just so happened to like to raise it in Pitool first. I do use sharpening filter...I set sharpening strength to 3.0 and sharpeningclamp to 1.0

My GPU/CPU/Motherboard:
    GPU: EVGA 3090 Ultra (I think I overclocked it)
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10850K
    Motherboard: ROG Maximus XII HERO (Wi-Fi)
    RAM: 64GB

11. Adam-80UK

Adam-80UK Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just want to clarify please, right now there isn't a version of fholger mod that works in AMS2 running on SteamVR? Thanks.

12. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Is there a way to limit the FPS in the menus? I'm seeing 500+ and coil whine all the way until I'm in session ingame and then the NCP frame limiter takes over. Very annoying. I can't see a fps limiter anywhere within the various graphics settings/files.

13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Add

-fpscap 144

to launch options in steam (144 just as an example there). Should do the trick.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone tried todays new update yet? What are the suggested settings concerning the new VR head movement which for example makes better view at Daytona bankings?

15. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I tried turning on the new head tracking and yes the banking was displaying correctly, but it was also doing a bunch of other weird stuff, moving the camera around in corners and under braking. Not sure how to get rid of that? I basically want it how it was before this update but with the added banking displaying correctly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

In camera setting set gforce effects to 0

17. ControlLogix

I found even with all the gforce effects set to 0 I still had some weird movement going on. I also reduced the head and camera movement from 75 to 0 and it seems to be back to normal. It's hard to tell exactly what all the settings do, and which affect VR and which don't. Basically I want it as before plus the correct banking. I hope that I have it set up for that now. It seems correct.

• Like Like x 1
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Well, if anyone think they have correct settings for VR, please share.

19. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, for me it seems like the new head movement makes the banking display as expected, but I'm getting strange transitions in corners and going up hill. It's like the view isn't panning smoothly. I've tried every option, but it still happens. I went back to the legacy head movement and it's fine. (apart from banking at Daytona) lol. Anyone else notice this?

• Like Like x 1
  20. ControlLogix

Yes I found this too, but what I did was leave the new head movement mode on, but basically turn everything to zero, g effects, head movement, camera movement etc. It should be how it was before the update but the banking at Daytona still works.