1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, yesterday I could finally find and fix the main issue for my stuttering I had in VR.
    It was the command line "fpscap 91" which I used to limit the fps just above the amount needed for my G2. As I randomly tried to limit the fps with AMD driver instead, suddenly everything was much more fluid again. Digging a bit further, there is an old post, explaining that the fpscap command doesn't use the digit as raw fps but multiplies them with 0,9277 which then results in the final fps. I really would like to know, how someone could get an idea like this to introduce such mathematics for a simple command line instead of keeping it simple.

So, my advice, if you want to cap your fps, don't use the command line, or at least do the right mathematics. Otherwise you will search an eternity for every possible reason why ams2 suddenly has such bad frametimes like I did...

at least I can finally love this sim again.
    but still, there are minor frametime issues on some tracks, maybe some streaming related ones, cause I can sometimes see objects popping up on trackside when things aren't fluid 100%.

2. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Anyone else seeing poor VR frame rates using the ultimate 2022s? Just seemed to have happened with the last minor update - dropped to mid 60s but was rock solid 90s last week. I can see from FPSvr that it’s a CPU frame time issue. All other cars remain fine.

I9 9900k, 3090 FE, 32gb 3200, using a G2 (with steam SS 90%)

I have reset/reinstalled but issue remains and I am baffled.

3. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I haven’t - but didn’t test much before latest patch. Certain track/conditions?

Are you running FSR upscaling mod? I find that helps stabilise frame times.

4. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Any track, clear conditions. Not using any upscaling mods as found just setting SS to 90 gave me the best results. I’ve had random frame time issues in past, usually after PC has been in sleep, but a reboot would cure. All my settings are fairly modest to ensure a locked 90

It’s definitely only the 2022 cars. Thought it might be related to skin pack but removed that and also reinstalled the whole game.

5. Captain Zhong

Captain Zhong New Member

After the game update, the problem is: the game screen overlaps, and 2 identical screens are displayed in VR. I have to close one eye to do this, which makes me dizzy, and I don't know how to set it up.

My device: Pimax 8kX

6. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Its not just VR I have found, in pancake there is around 40 FPS drop when using the FU 2022. I've tested 10 or so cars, its only the FU that is affected and is showing weird CPU spikes. It must be some form of bug.

7. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Pretty sure it has to be the misalignment of the first person view.
    The antenna thingy misaligned with the halo must be throwing off the whole frametiming.

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

Hey guys!

Was wondering, does anyone know if there is any performance gain in terms of fps or frametime by running AMS2 with openXR?

I've tried googling it, but couldn't find a definitive answer

• Like Like x 1
  9. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

I have a question regarding the replay and track camera using VR.
    When i switch to this cam so i am placed somewhere near the pit but there a possibility to change position near the track and tracking the car like in non-VR?
    Would like to see the car passing by standing near the road.....

10. A.F.K DaN

Couldn't get openXR to work. Tried the dll file which is floating around for ACC and rF2, but it's not compatible. Would love to see how it compares.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

Yeah me too, hope they get it working soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, which settings are you using for camera? And, the setting of old/new camera system is ****ing annoying with an option string saying "use old camera system" with a 0 value for "yes" and 1 for "no" ? It's ****ing weird, universally, on mathematics, programming, tech etc 0 always equals to "no" or "disable" and 1 value equals to "yes" or "enable".

Which is better, old or new? Old is for camera attached on car, new for camera attached on the horizon. Then, there is no sense to use all the other options for the new camera system, no?

13. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend New Member

Not sure if you fixed this but you need to enable Parallel Projections in PiTool

14. Bjarne Hansen

Bjarne Hansen Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a version that works now but OpenXR toolkit needs to be disabled. So only for testing.
    They know the issues so should be fully working versions out soon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. A.F.K DaN

Which version did you use / is compatible?
    The ACC one, which should be 0.63 (works fine for me in rf2 now), or the general openComposite? Really need to test that, because I think this might help pretty much with performance, like it does in pretty much every other sim.

16. Bjarne Hansen

Could not find the DL on Discord anymore so packed the ones I use for AMS2 OpenXR
    You also need Opencomposite Runtime switcher.
    And disable OpenXR toolkit.
    Hardly worth it as I proper supported version will come inside a week with the changes so OpenXR toolkit also works.

I got a HP Reverb G2 not sure if this one above works with Oculus.

17. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

Which version are you using? I didn't think OpenXR worked with AMS2.

18. Bjarne Hansen

It is not a official version just a unsupported test version.
    By next week there should be an official support version that will also support OpenXR Toolkit.
    That should give us with WMR headset a much better experience.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it's a useful tip or already known, but I'm sharing it anyway. If you're using Oculus with a link cable, switch 'link sharpening' from auto to enabled in the Oculus debug tool.
    Image looks super crisp afterwards in AMS2 and the AA seems way better to boot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Yep, Meta have worked some magic with the last couple of updates. The image quality on Link and Airlink is awesome :)

• Like Like x 1