1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, I guess you just stick with what works best. The only other reason I can think of is that you've got HAGS switched on. I think there is a known performance issue using OpenXR toolkit with WMR if that's switched on.

2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

edit: got it to work

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  3. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Option doesn't even seem available for me. I guess, openxr does not play nice for AMS2 and AMD

Edit: Any AMD users here that can share there experience/settings?
    I notice the image is a lot sharper for lower resolutions that steamvr, but the performance does not match it. For steamvr I actually use 3700*3700 but with FSR 0.6
    With openxr, using 3000*3000 (full resolution) and 0.7 FSR the image is sharper, but the performance worse, there are much more small stutters also

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  4. transfix

transfix Member AMS2 Club Member

Was testing out VR with the Helmet view and I absolutely love it but the performance drop is quite bad. Any thoughts on getting it to run smoother or is it a matter of Reiza optimizing it?

5. DutchFireMan

DutchFireMan New Member

I have a question.
    i have the whole openxr - opencomposite working on the HP reverb G2 but my Varjo aero will arrive this week. Do i need to change anything to get it to run in the openxr way instead of steamvr or are the steps I took for the hp reverb identical?

Because it makes the experience so much better not only the fps go up, And the visuals get much sharper but i can also go higher with the settings in the performance menu.

6. martin mcclsokey

martin mcclsokey New Member

Man tyvm this helped me with exact same problem

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to turn off all HUD elements while watching a replay in VR from trackside and if yes: how?
    It would feel so real like really standing at trackside and watching the cars go by but I can’t get rid of the immersion breaking HUD…

8. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure there's a button for that - called 'interface', from memory.

9. Mike1304

Doesn’t work for me. If I click interface there’s still a lot of HUD elements on the screen. Can anyone confirm that there is a clean trackside cam in VR with no HUD at all?

10. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

The interface is removed for me when I click the interface button. I'm sure it even stays removed as I use next camera button to move around the track.

The trackside cameras are brilliant, we need them for real life racing too.

11. Mike1304

Whaaat? On the one hand it’s good to hear that it works generally but on the other hand I have absolutely no idea how I could get rid of the interface other than clicking on the interface button…:(

12. Mike1304

Just to be clear: I meant the instant replay (when you pause during a race and click on replay and then select trackside cam). Can you confirm that here you can also get rid of the whole interface-HUD in VR?

13. Gazzawesty

Sorry I think I misunderstood. I only use multiplayer. I select the monitor button, then trackside, find my spot using next camera button then select interface to get rid of the interface. If I then press next camera the interface does return.

It's great in a busy lobby viewing a dodgy corner.

14. BumbleBee_VR

BumbleBee_VR Legend AMS2 Club Member

Has the HUGE HUD been fixed or any hacks so that the HUD on Oculus is to big that anything on the right hand side cant be selected and moved.I have monitor and game screen set to 1080p and cant go any higher.

This bug (HUGE HUD in oculus) has been in since the very beginning of AMS2 and doesnt look like its ever going to be fix/changed.

I cant even launch into SteamVR anymore, goes straight into Oculus even though I'm ticked Steam to launch.

15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It’s even older than that having transferred over from PC2. The only way to resolve it is to run the desktop screen in a higher resolution. I have an ultra wide so it’s no longer an issue, but was a real pain with a 1080 screen.

I seem to remember getting around it somehow by creating a custom resolution in the AMD driver software and using that to adjust the HUD elements.

I’d imagine as annoying as this is, it’s orobably a good way down the priority order though.

Also, yes, I’ve noticed that AMS2 only launches into Oculus mode regardless of which VR launch option you choose:

16. Gazzawesty

The large HUD has never happened to me with rift s. 4k telly and normal PC resolution, ams2 in 1080 full screen and unless there is indeed a hidden strip of buttons out of screen that I have never missed then it's all good here.

17. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! Try this?
    AMS 2 HUD Position Mod (VR)

18. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also if you want to control the HUD layout location yourself:
    VR HUD controls memo

Note that in OpenComposite tilting HUD does not seem to work, so it is bit trickier to manage.

Edit: Actual controls, in case the PCARS forum ever goes down, are:

On track pause the game and choose 'Edit HUD layout':

The HUD adjustment runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / size scaling.

Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
    4 & 6: move left and right
    1 & 3: move left and right slowly
    8 & 2: move up and down
    7 & 9: move up and down slowly
    + & -: move back and forth
    / & *: move back and forth slowly
    5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
    4 & 6: rotate left and right
    8 & 2: rotate up and down
    1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
    + & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
    / & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
    5: resets rotation and scale to the default

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  19. Racerhorst

Racerhorst New Member

Hello, Reisa Studio
    I wanted to know if at some point the possibility of a function like (headlight flasher) would be something that some would like in multiplayer and another question is also content for GT3-Ferrari, Audi, Lambo, Bentley, BMW M4)?
    GTE-Ferrari 488 GTE Evo)?
    Hypercars (Toyota,Alpine,Glickenhaus,Porsche) ,LMP2 (Dallara,Ligier,Oreca)?
    best regards

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I advise you to use Strobify in the meantime. Just have L (or any other keyboard key) set to the Headlights ingame and as output in strobify and use whatever key/button you want as input.
    A short tap will just enable/disable the headlights. A long press will enable a sequence of key presses to flash the lights. You can also adjust the flash speed and amount as well as use different modes.
    GitHub - RWitanski/Strobify: added development branch