1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Kdaneracer

Kdaneracer New Member AMS2 Club Member

2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone experiencing a ton of stutters ingame after the last big Meta update? Quest 2 here before everything was fine but now I'm experiencing a sort of an image within image stutter, where the surroundings are warping and stuttering all over in my vision, especially during sunrise/sunsets.

I went as far as to reinstall AMS2 but that didn't fix it. Seems that either the last Meta update might have made things more taxing or maybe the last AMS2 update. I don't have the issue with any other sim. Using a link cable.

3. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

you shouldn't take a BETA build, that also causes image stuttering for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

If all you want your VR headset for is sim racing and flying then yes, the G2 is a great simmer headset. If you use your headset for more games that use motion controls then you would be better off with something like the index or vive pro. The only problem with the VIve pro is the wands it comes with.

5. mister dog

Nah this is the regular game. After the reinstall on vanilla mode it was fixed, then I re-inserted my graphicsconfig/oculussettings xml's and it happened again so there must be one setting causing the havoc. I'll try and lower them one by one and hopefully I can find the culprit. But if anyone is noticing increased stuttering as well in VR do let me know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

The G2 is awesome. I moved from rift to quest to quest 2 to g2. G2 is the clearest but you need serious horsepower for that. At least a 3090 id say. My 3080ti can keep up but with compromises.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cooknn

Cooknn Member

Got my Varjo Aero setup last night using OpenXR and OpenComposite (per-game install) and my AMS2 menus are a mess. Jaggie and "crawling" in front of my eyes. Once on the track everything is fine, but getting there is almost embarrassing if I were to sit someone else in my seat. I tried various PPD settings ranging from 35 to 39 in the Varjo Base software to no avail. Anybody else experience this and is there a fix?

8. tempesttornado23

tempesttornado23 New Member AMS2 Club Member

No, I see the same thing in my Aero headset, I think it’s just an AMS2 thing and if I need to spend time in the menus (like when looking at multiplayer listings or making larger changes in ai race options I just take off the headset and look at the monitor).

9. Cooknn

Cooknn Member

That's a good idea. I'll just use my monitor until I actually get in the car. Oh, I have an Aero too. Just installed a couple days ago. I notice the menu issues in ACC as well. I think it's a Varjo OpenXR thing. Could be wrong...

10. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I have the same issue with my Aero, this is definitely an Varjo OpenXR implimentation thing as it happens with other games as well (ACC, PCars2) and doesn't happen with my Reverb G2. Honestly I torn using OpenXR with the Aero for AMS2 and considering just switch to OpenVR/Steam with the FSR mod. The image quality is much better and the game seems to run just as smooth. Also it seems upscaling (FSR/NIS) doesn't work well with OpenXR on the Aero.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Looking to see if anyone has any ideas to help me…… fired up AMS2 today for 1st time in a week and when I put my oculus rift s on the headset remains black. It says it’s connected and the small white light is on, I checked it was paired with controllers and it paired fine. I also unplugged usb and other cable from pc and headset and re fitted but still headset remains black

any ideas I should try before resetting pc?

thanks in advance
    Baz

12. JeffKill

JeffKill New Member

I'm having the same issue with my G2 since the last update. Still haven't figured out what's causing it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dream Driver

Dream Driver New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can any of you with a Varjo Aero share a little bit of what you're doing for setup? I am trying to balance PPD versus MSAA and not having much luck.

I prefer MSAA on "high" since it really smooths out the shimmer and distance view, but then I am limited to 35 PPD and still lose FPS in rain/dark. I can get 39 PPD and 90 FPS ... as long as I turn MSAA off, which then makes fences and the such look craptastic.

I am using OpenXR but really only for post processing (to fix colors in AMS2); Foveated rendering only works with MSAA off (for me) otherwise I see crazy jaggies at the edge of the center ring, and I prefer to ** not ** upscale since the Aero should not need it.

Any insight is welcome. Thanks!

14. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Here is the setting I'm using with my Varjo Aero and I'm pretty happy with the visual results.
    In games MSAA to low, can probably run medium but it looks good enough.
    Aero set to 35PPD default in VB.
    OpenXR runtime with CAS sharpening turned ON. FSR and NIS upscaling with the Aero looks horrible.
    Foveated Rendering turned OFF.
    The game looks amazing to me and can still hold 90fps during night time races.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mister dog

I'm suspecting one slider/option. Good to know it's not only a Quest 2 issue.
    I haven't had time to do it yet, but my plan is to delete the graphics and VR.xml files from 'my documents' so everything is reset and test every ingame option for performance/VR one by one preferably during a day/night transition at Suzuka with accelerated time. If you can find the time to try that out before me please do let me know if you find the culprit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alex76

Alex76 Member AMS2 Club Member

The new undertray sparks look very odd in VR and are quite disorientating / immersion breaking. Is there any way for VR users to turn them off?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, can you see driver bodies in McLaren MP 4-4? I cannot see my body nor other drivers. It is just this very car.

18. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I know that if you add skins to that car, this happens to it, and to all cars in its class. The same with the Lotus 98T and most likely all the other McLaren F1 cars added in this DLC.
    I just hope Reiza fix this asap.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ah, that did not come on my mind... as the very car is not skinned. Thanks!

20. Motoneon

Motoneon New Member

In the game, the markup and shadow textures disappear and appear in VR mode

Launch in the oculus environment.

PC Specification: Rizen 5600X + RTX 4080 + 32 DDR4 3800 + Win 11
    VR: Oculus Quest 2 + USB 3.2 (2.6Gb speed)
    Resolution: 5408*2736 (90Hz)
    ODT: Adaptive GPU Performance Scale=off, PC Asynchronous Spacewarp = off
    Encode bitrate = 960 Mbps
    The HUD in the game shows that there is still a margin of 30-40 frames.

What has been tested:
    1. Reinstall the graphics card drivers.
    2. Install the previous version of the graphics card drivers.
    3. Reinstall the game.
    4. Reinstall the oculus software. Running the game with the default settings, without changing oculus debug.
    5. Reduction of all graphical settings in the game to the minimum.

The problem in the game arose from about January 6-7 of this year. Up to this point, there were no problems.
    There were experiments on installing various tools such as OpenXR tools kit, reshade.
    All of this has been removed, and the game has been reinstalled.
    The rest of the VR Games have no problems.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023