1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vr doesn't seem to be working properly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zelig85, Apr 7, 2020.

1. zelig85

zelig85 New Member

I am running a htc vive on a pretty powerful system (2080ti) but for some reason the game keeps locking up. It's weird it's not like a game crash or freeze. Instead headset goes back and the game keeps running. The only way to get it running again is to look at my monitor and click on the icon for AM2 in the taskbar. Sometimes however even this doesn't work, or rather it works for a second and then it happens again. It's like when you play a game in window mode and your mouse clicks on part of the screen outside of the game window. Has anyone else experienced this? If so can you tell me what you did to fix it. I like this game but I only play in vr and at the moment it's unplayable

2. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I have a 2080ti and rift S, so hopefully I can help a bit.
    I had the same symptoms you are describing and I don’t have them anymore after fiddling with the settings. These are by no means complete, my time is limited due to my job being deemed as essential in the uk. I have definately found a good base line to work up from. I will also say that I get the odd game freeze, but they are now limited to menu screens only. I take the rift S off my head, then place it back on again once or twice and then it stops any further freezing during the rest of my play session. It does come back if I close the game down and boot it up again. But this can be easily resolved by following the above steps of replacing the HMD on and off your head.
    SS is at 1.5
    Resolution no idea why I chose this but 1024x768 60HZ you can definately up this, but it only affects screen mirroring and the one menu screen within VR, so not a biggy to sort.
    Texture res high
    Anisotropic x16
    MSAA Medium
    Vsync and post aa both off.
    My other settings are :
    Reflections low
    Environment high
    Car detail high
    Track detail high
    Pit crew all
    Shadow off
    Enhanced mirrors yes
    Motion blur off
    Render frames ahead 1 again this can definately be increased
    Detailed grass low
    Partical level and density both low
    These settings run perfectly with 20 car grids in sunny or cloudy weather in the dry. I’ve not tried rain and wet conditions yet. There are some things that I deem of low importance that I’ve not fiddled with yet, but with the four day weekend approaching, I’ll play around some more.
    I hope this helps people in VR and let me know how you get on and what settings you got too.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  3. Bruno Rocha

Bruno Rocha New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem, sometimes the mouse is replaced by a ball that is controlled by the headset. For me it happens a lot at the end of matches to the point where I can't leave the screen for the menu or to restart the game.

4. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

That is the VR Gaze control which allows you to navigate all menus simply by looking and holding your gaze when the ball is over a menu item.

If you wish to only use the mouse you can disable the gaze control via:

Options->Virtual Reality -> Gaze Control = Off

• Useful Useful x 1