1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think is the most significant reason AMS2 userbase is so small?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Mar 2, 2022.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I need to branch out more, for whatever reason I've limited myself to SRS and while decent, it has a few downsides:
    1. Only 1 choice per hour
    2. Small userbase means only a few hours have enough people (#1 is also caused by the small userbase)
    3. You have to register before 5 minutes to the hour or you miss out and have to wait another hour
    4. I haven't tested this out yet so I don't know if you HAVE to join immediately or if you can wait/rejoin but you can't join before 2 or 3 minutes to the hour

There are so many of these now with SRS, Just race, Sim racing.GP, the one in CM, etc. They probably all have the same issues with small userbases.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it had terrible pcars style driving for a very very long time which stopped everyone (incuding me) from playing or even looking at this title, i tried again yesterday and some of the cars are alot better now but some are still bad

also the multiplayer is non existent and there's no team racing, team racing is now a massive market in simracing, much bigger on the multiplayer side than people think, it's no surprise the 2 biggest multiplayer sim racing games have team racing and driver swaps

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

1. Not mod friendly. This would be tolerable if they could come up with a skin system that didn't restrict the number of skins onboard, and that didn't require editing .xml files to keep from overwriting all your other skins. Full modding support would be nice, but just fixing the skin situation would be a giant step.

2. The replay cameras are abysmal. Fixing the replay cameras should be high priority, with inclusion of at least two variants of a TV-broadcast type camera.

3. Multiplayer. I don't use it. But many people do. They should really get after it.

4. But the single biggest thing that they've done that has cast a pall of sadness and despair over everything is their failure to include my Hot Car Competicoes Bardahl skin in the Stock Cars. Once they put that back, the sun will emerge from behind the clouds, sales will boom, and all will once again be right with the world.

4. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Not sure what you mean, but initially none of the cars drove like PCars2. They drove more like iRacing with cars with broken physics. The latest update has finally made the updated cars drive like PCars2 cars, which is a giant step in the right direction, IMHO.

5. carloscepinha

carloscepinha New Member

whoa i forgot to come back for a while.

my big post about the MP is fairly simple, trolls or newbies there will allways be in any sim.
    you can go to any ghost town and find one there.
    admin commands and session management are the easy solution. kicks, bans, votes, etc...

a really dedicated troll will tarnish MP in AMS2 harder than in AC and ACC where you can rejoin and are not forced to wait. if some troll crashes you hard in AMS2 you get 15m of your time wasted, or 20, or how many minutes the race is. OFC you can choose to not spectate, go do something else... and then you kinda start not returning so much to the sim.

to keep people on the sim they want to be driving. who wants to spectate others for 20 or 30 minutes? unless im spectating some alien like jardier or james baldwin, i'll get bored easly. and even spectating can get bored when you can go watch the stream and chat in comments and hear them talk.

and sim racing streams have some of the lowest views of all gaming. the idea of spectating or waiting 30minutes if i get crashed at the start of the race is ridiculous. i will get out and search for another race. there is no another cus no players? try to make one? doesnt fill up? just find a race ready to go in AC, ACC, RRRE, LFS. Instantly, at any day, any time. U crash there? rejoin instantly.
    People don't have all day to sit doing nothing looking at the screen.

MP is highest priority because racing is competitive agaisnt people.
    hot lap is cool but its less than 50% the thrill.
    look at iracing FFS... grass driving? huge payment? highest views in all racing sims? why?
    most MP competition!!!
    and now ACC has LFM trying to recreate the same ranking system iracing has. coupled with ACC "base" rating like SA ( safety ) and others (CC car control) etc...

I like AMS2 but the MP experience is dead. so dead it frustrates me. I wanted to rejoin a race if i crash or get crashed. i wanted to jump in and out of many servers to check out the track cars, how the race is going, how is their split, if everyone is too fast or too slow for me. I can't jump around to check out stuff like that in AMS2, it's slow and when I join the session they can change car and track. so my wait was wasted. then why bother even trying?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Just realised I posted in the wrong tab. Whoops.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  7. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

From a friend who does not like AMS2...The car selection is named oddly from a user standpoint, so was not sure where the cars were he wanted to drive. tracks are in some cases not called the common name for the track, and really need Ferraris and Lambos. Did not care at all for all the South American content. So seems like a reboot of the game and pay some license fees would make the game more popular

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I love the South American content. In fact, your friend's complaints have given me an idea. Pan Am. I'm going to use the Custom Series function to brew up some Pan American series, ranging from Canada down to Argentina. Reiza should give us more Western Hemisphere tracks for Pan Am racing. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Alternatively, there's battle of the southern hemisphere, between Australia, South Africa, and South America, excluding Ibarra. Which would like more tracks for that as well.

10. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

"A friend":whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Also a good idea! I'll have to create a few of those, too. :)

12. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Yes, I love AMS2 which is why I am on this forum waiting for the Americas update

13. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Sounds fun to watch. With Sim racings popularity in Europe and growing in the US, the bulk of the racers will be racing in sims that hold all that content. You have to have all the Ferrari and the other European cars to drive. Thats more important that having tracks "all" the tracks on a given racing circuit. AMS2 has a lot of the major European circuits and an eclectic selection of US tracks.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"What do you think is the most significant reason AMS2 userbase is so small?"
    Easy, cos no grid girls....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Doubt the licensing fee Ferrari is going to ask to have their cars in this game is worth it. I'm fine with the car list in the game. If anything I would like to see more mid range production cars and some sort of ND Cup Miata in AMS2 for better wheel to wheel racing. Oh and improved multiplayer options and quality.

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Certainly didn't do much of anything to RaceRoom:

ferrari.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Licenses per se are not going to change the destiny of a sim that is lacking deeply in other departments. They are rather the cherry on the cake that will boost a solid basement.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ferrari would fit in so well in this game! Maybe a little later though, we gotta leave Reiza time to introduce vintage sports prototypes to go with the upcoming 70's tracks.

PC2 had the 512 but the 312 series is one of my favorites. Though I doubt it will bring in any sizeable increase it might keep people playing offline which is good as well.

Can't wait to give 1.4 a go this weekend! I'm sure this will give us another long term boost in player count.

Could this be the update that puts AMS2 ahead of RF2 and Raceroom?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Qualitywise, I believe that the 1.3 already did it. In popularity AMS2 could beat Raceroom with tons of improvements (that I don't believe that will be there until 2023). And for rFactor fans, nothing will ever beat the games in the franchise just because ISI have their own interpretation about simulation and fans just bough that as "the way a sim should be". If you put a rF2 fan inside a real car, he will tell you that the real life tyres are "too arcadish".

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. mansell

mansell Member

for a week or two can be close or bit ahead. history says so...