What does sweetfx for me ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by SaxOhare, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've tried the nVidia setup guide to get sweetfx working, but it only changes the borders of things in sawtooth lines?

Picture 1 - 8 x multisample
    8 x multisample.jpg

Picture 2 sweetfx
    sweetfx.jpg
    Before the update i had about 250 fps in 8xmultisample with vsync now its dropped to a fixed 60fps and when i disable vsync some stuttering appear.

2. SaxOhare

What is going wrong? I used the setup guide, must i use other settings?
    Am i the only one with the sawtooth textures in Sweetfx mode ? (click on picture 2)
    Can i go back to pre upgrade graphic settings? (is the fps restriction in an ini-file or something?)

3. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

You have those "sawtooth" textures, because antialiasing now has to be set in the graphics panel, not in the setup manager of the game.

4. SaxOhare

Hi hex

Do you mean the method in the user guide?

I did it the way, described in Automobilista_User_Guide page 11-14 these settings deliver those sawtooth lines, (Picture 2)
    When i use the Configuration tool and disable Sweetfx and enable 8x Multisample it is smooth but stuttering, (Picture 1)

5. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure you did something wrong. Maybe you didn't apply settings in the control panel after changing them, or you applied them to the GSCE instead of AMS by mistake.
    But it sure does look like there isn't any antialiasing on Picture 2. Check settings again.

Here are my settings.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

Thanks,

I did it all over and.:oops: TaDa i didn't apply the settings in nVidia-inspector, i applied changes but i needed to click "apply" twice (first time probably to get the scope on the apply button)