1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the perfect tire pressure? (And IMO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manuel Staedel, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello all!
    There are different types of tires, but I think the pressure should often be similar. But which one? Is 1.8 bar correct?
    I'm looking for GT4 GT3 GT1 and Group C.
    But it would be great to know which car works best with which pressure.
    When we race for a long time one is fastest in the third lap for example, because the tire happened to be in the range as the optimum was, but the 15 laps after that are worse.

And when the days had paid attention to the IMO is set cleanly by eg camber, it was so that I did not get warm despite extremely high camber, the inner part of the tire. It should have shifted significantly.

Und was ist mit den Angaben IMO

Are there any tables or data on this? If not, empirical values?

Many thanks in advance,
    Manuel

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the answer is the classic "it depends" and that there are multiple factors to consider, not only the effect on I-M-O tire temperatures.

Here's a similar thread that might give you some answers:
    Understanding tire (tyre) pressures

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no one correct pressure. The hot pressure is just a number and has little effect on its own. It's so irrelevant that few people here will remember what it is for GT3 cars because you genuinely don't need to care. Sometimes you run slightly lower than "optimal" to get more mechanical grip, sometimes you run slightly higher than "optimal" to get more straight line speed. Temperatures are where most of the grip changes come from.

It is likely any loss of performance after 15 laps is because of tyre degradation, not tyre pressure wandering. Most tyres reach a stable pressure after 2-3 laps.