1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tiers am I on?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by selwyn gregory, Jun 8, 2021.

1. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

If I use default setup it says in the setup manager "Auto By Weather" but I can't see anywhere that actually tells me what tiers are fitted.
    I can't tell visually as the tiers all look the same at least for the Open Wheel Trainer even if I manually switch between semi-slick to wet the tier model seems to be the same visually.

Or is it like PC3 that performs some magical tier change.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Automatic by weather will always give you the fastest tire for the actual state of dry- or wetness.

So when a car has soft slicks, it will automatically give you softs in the dry.

When it's raining, the system will give you wet tires.

You can see your applied compound in the telemetry HUD reliably.
    Another method to see the tire compound is on the top righthand screen corner in the garage UI/pause menu, but i would recommend to use the telemetry HUD for now, because sometimes the top righthand indication has some missing names still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. selwyn gregory

Thanks for the reply, I did think about the hud after posting.
    In the race it started Dry with heavy rain a few laps in and I was surprised that the AI didn't pit they just went slowly. I also didn't bother pitting as I was lapping quite easily in heavy rain and much quicker than the AI.
    I've just tried the same race again using wets from the start, they do have less grip in dry and good grip in the wet. I just think semi-slicks have way too much grip.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AI actually uses automatic by weather for their setup, so they will start on wet tires, when it's rainy.^^

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

So, if the race starts in dry conditions with rain coming after some laps, the AI already start on wets, just like it was in those Project Cars games? :whistle::(

6. selwyn gregory

If the're on wets then they were much slower than myself using semi-slicks.

7. selwyn gregory

I did another test at Daytona with Trainers, this was a little different.
    When it started to rain I really felt a huge drop off in grip as it should be, AI slowed as well.
    However It got to a point where it was undriveable for me so I pitted and put on wets.
    I was now much happier and catching and passing AI until I ran out of fuel, I now need to work out how the menus work. The AI however never pitted just like at Kyalami they did the whole race on semi-slicks or wets (no way of knowing)