What's Your Favorite Car in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Chip, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Member AMS2 Club Member

That BMW M1 with any round wheel and H-pattern shifter at Road America is hard to top.
    The exhaust note is mental.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

When you speak of sound, I lately found that the sound of the Mercedes CLK LM is highly addictive

3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

McLaren F1 GTR Longtail. Just finished a league championship with it, and no matter its competitive shortcomings, I loved it to death.

The center driving position. The sound. The torque. The nimbleness. The responsiveness of its handling. The amount of driving techniques it accepts to drive around problems. The challenges of handling it on wet weather, both on slicks and threaded tyres. How it sits as bridge between classic and modern sportscars, offering a great blend of both.

The whole GT1 class is a standout on AMS2, but this beast is my pick of the bunch.

4. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I see that many of you like to drive F1 cars, something that is somehow not appealing to me (even if I‘be been a big F1 Fan).

I like to drive the Nordschleife with GT3/4 cars and I like modern prototype racing, like driving the P1 (Gen2 is my favorite, especially the Sigma) class on brazilian tracks & of course the Lmdh cars on the american tracks.

I was very happy to hear about the IMSA announcement & I hope that more modern GT3‘s are making it into the game, I mean into the Sim, so I can drive them on the Nordschleife!

5. Djin

Djin Member

Lately, I've been absolutely loving these combos:
    • The Cadillac LMDH at Le Mans is a joy, the speed and grip level are super satisfying, especially on this legendary track.
    • The Ginetta GT4 at Bathurst or the Nordschleife. It's not very fast, but it's very agile and nimble. It's super pleasant to weave through the corners of the Green Hell.
    • The McLaren F1 GTR at Spa and Road America – I love this car on two of my favorite tracks ever.
    • The MP4/12 at Suzuka – nothing beats Suzuka while driving an F1.
    Since I started using the CD DD+, I find the FFB absolutely fantastic. It's sharp and responsive, and it has kinda ruined other sims for me xD.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 2