1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which tracks are laser scanned vs not?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, May 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. vortex

vortex Member

Not at all. As a general principle I just don’t like people making statements that sound like facts without the evidence to back them up. Kunos may, or may not, be using third party scans but we don’t know for certain. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, is it just Jerez that is laser-scanned? Are there any others that have been confirmed as being scanned? Just curious.

3. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Ermz

Ermz New Member

Going purely off feel, Adelaide, Brand's Hatch and Oulton Park seem to have the most detailed track surfaces. How their development data differs from the rest is beyond my knowledge, but feel-wise they are far more engaging than most of the other content.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Madonion

Madonion Member

id agree i would add londrina to this list. The track is in brazil, maybe most brazillian tracks are also scanned, would be nice for reiza to let us know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

In PC2 at least Oulton, Brands, Snetterton and Cadwell were laser scanned. I don't know how the rights were transferred though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. David Wright

I don't think there were any rights transferred for these tracks. Reiza had them all in AMS1.

8. David Wright

According to Reiza, Oulton Park was the first laser scanned track in AMS. This would lead us to think that any track produced before Oulton (which would surely be most/all of the Brazilian tracks) would not be laser scanned

9. Ermz

Ermz New Member

That would be commensurate with my experiences. I spent an evening doing a lap of every track in the game and the only ones which felt 'scanned' were Oulton, Brands & Adelaide (don't ask me how they got the detail into Adelaide Historic... my guess is a scan of modern day Adelaide streets, super-imposed on the historic track layout... or someone with biblical OCD curated that road surface by hand)