1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we still have PC2 players instead of AMS2 on PC?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jan 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would fit well with the Street Supercar DLC...

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

PC2 is still a whole lot of fun to race with. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha after reading this thread I wonder if I should do the same.
    Because I still have PC2 on my HD but havent started it up since I installed AMS2 ;)
    Wonder if it still will be functioning.:eek:

4. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Mostly because of Spirit of Le Mans DLC. AMS2 for everything else

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Spirit of Le Mans DLC, but also custom FFBs and some very good mods.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Because PCars2 is still a amazing to this date. It's a more polished final product and complete in many areas. Also with the Pop Racer Custom FFB file it's fixed the one achilles heel it had.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Project Cars 4.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the only game of it's kind that exists on console and pc. There isn't cross-play but you can pick a car/track combo and have your own leaderboard.

8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Supercars need a decent Autobahn. The historic "Avus" Autobahn-Track in Berlin would be perfect, you would even experience real oncomign traffic there on the returning track side. Circuit_AVUS.svg.png

AVUS – Wikipedia

I doubt that, simply because Forza Horizon 5 has caught up a lot and right now feels more authentic in it's driving behaviour (Sim Mode) then PCARS 2 ever did, particularly for the plethora of road cars.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just re-installed PC2... and I just remember why I disliked it. The car engine sounds are pure garbage... The choice of cars and tracks are very good. The menu ambience music with car sounds and radio chats are brilliant to create a polished feeling.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This one?
    Hehe I guess the US audience would love such kinds of banked corners on their ovals :p

avus19594mr.jpg

11. Erzurum

Erzurum Salvador Street Circuit Fan

Weirdly enough I did not enjoy PC2 as much as PC1. So I never bought AMS 2 when it was out because a lot of people said it was just like PC2.

And now, in the month I had with AMS 2, I can say it is not :D

But I think in the mind of a lot of people my first impression is still their impression. Ô how I wish I had play this game earlier.
    I dont even really know what I love so much about AMS 2.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, AMS2 is not a PCars2 clone. Yes it runs on the madness engine but there stops the comparison if you ask me:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo PCars2 has more cars & tracks but PCars1 has better car handling and controller support, that's why I played PCars1 more than PCars2. AMS2 is better than both games imo but it still needs improvements in controller support.

14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I was in same boat prefering PC1 because of the numerous built in Options to modify FFB
    until i founf Custom FFB for PC2 made by various people in the community and this sequel got much more of my gaming time
    Honestly i loved the way i managed it to handle with my TSPC wheel and the content is so rich its just amazing

But of course AMS2 has improved over the years so yes better Sim overall now

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  15. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

What? I love Horizons but it was never in the same league as PC. 5 has some improvements but car momentum is crazy low. H5 could be in similar league like Motorsport or GT (still not completely fair). PC is different and AMS2 even more.

What is sim mode in H5?

16. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

True. PC2 is not better in everything like many people say. PC2 is good but PC1 is still superb racing game. Controller has lower input lag, sounds are great and graphics is a bit different.

AMS2 has PC2 controls - rather bad. It's playable but every other game has better settings. I tried AMS2 recently and it's great from physics perspective (better since 1.3). From controls, what is much better? AC, ACC, AMS1, R3E and rF2. So why play AMS2 then? I moved to R3E for some time because of AI.

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Simulation mode in controls and damage are simply setting you can enable to bring H5 closer to a Simulation. It's obviously made for wheel users and those that want consequences for collisions with objects. Reminds a lot of the damage handling in Assetto Corsa. It is fully optional and can't be forced in any way global.

18. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yeah, simulation steering is standard for gamepads too if you want a bit better experience. And you are right, damage is great. The problem is longer tracks destroy tires and no pits. :D

19. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

The fact remains that pCARS 2 is a very popular game 4 years after its release. It's not perfect, just like all other simulators aren't. The reality is that in specialized forums it is always the usual people who intervene and for various reasons (some justified, especially after the first release) a particularly critical opinion group has been created. But the simdrivers are many more than those who write on the forums and read these comments and who, instead, simply continue to use pCARS 2.

If what was written about pCARS 2 were the absolute truth, obviously no one would play it. On the other hand it is obvious that some don't like it and prefer ACC, rF2, or whatever. It's normal.

An example: recently I have "interstarded" in wanting to play ACC: the game is certainly well packed, I appreciate the FFB and many other things, but the VR is objectively not very optimized and the AI has pros compared to pCARS 2 (e.g. less ramming) but also cons (rather passive and absolutely stubborn in overtaking made / suffered, as well as which is not very consistent in terms of results in the championship). Result: I enjoyed it and will return to play, but the experience at Le Mans with a Gr. C is unmatched for me. And obviously for many others.

In any case, I am sure that AMS2 will surpass in my interest pCARS2 once the contents are not only greater, but more consistent (e.g. what's the point of having only one DPi ???)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Better do it for ArmA3, because, at least, you will be able to shoot back when entering Rio de Janeiro.

• Funny Funny x 6