1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WORKAROUND] AMS2 - Incompatibility with Quad Monitor Setups

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by YayDanMan, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I followed instructions 3 times now with the same result. I have been using Display Magician for awhile now and understand it well.

Not sure what is happening when the game starts correctly on triples....but when it tries to return to using all 4 monitors....it does not keep the game on the triples.

I think the problem might be with windows or nvida settings?

2. Rivanov

Rivanov New Member

Do you use NVIDIA Surround. If so, disable it. I don’t use Surround and it works perfect every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I don't use nvidia surround.

4. Peter van Veen

Peter van Veen New Member

Hi,
    I also have problems wit 4 monitors, I have 3 x 27" via display port and 1x 27" for sumhub, same order as desribed above. My problem is that I do not even get the enable triple option in the game. Forcing this by changing the triplescreen setting in the XML file to true gives me the option and I can actually edit all 3 display measurements but none of data is stored! After restart of the game all monitor data is set to 0 again. I am not using nvidia surround and all other games work fine (AC, ACC, iRacing, rFactor2, WRC). After editting the XML files the game tries to strart on triples but starts on the middle screen instead of starting on the left screen. And I cannot find an -x option.

My sort of work around to get a triple screen (but stretched and warpes) is to use SRWE like Assetto corsa comp. the game starts on all 3 screens, but since i am not able to enter any kind of physical monitor date like width, height, bezels and angles the game looks weird. I am sitting way of in the cockpit (seat moving does not help) and that sort of things.

I really don't understand what is going on.

Anyone any clue why I can not change any data in the monitor tabs?? I even try to enter all values in the triple XML files but all values remain 0 as if the file is not even read!

Thanks!

5. Peter van Veen

Peter van Veen New Member

6. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

You can only 3 triple monitors within AMS2

However I use Nvidia and have a 4th monitor connected to the HDMI on my 3090 gpu

The 4th monitor is then setup using the Nvidia control panel. This way I have he came running on the triples and whatever I want on the 4th. So if you use simhum you could display a leader board or dash or whatever you want

7. Luca Bassini

Luca Bassini New Member AMS2 Club Member

This was happening to me as well… I solved by clicking the "Monitor different executable" in step 3… The only thing I am not able to achieve is to switch on the fourth monitor but at least I am now ok in using the triple screen settings in the game (without using Nvidia surround)

upload_2024-2-8_23-24-28.png

8. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

I used nVidia surround to achieve this. Triples for the game (in a nv surround grouping), a 1980x480 HDMI display as a dash/status display, and a 1980x1080 HDMI display for leaderboard etc. I run a four port USB-C to HDMI for the second data display my current 3080Ti only has four ports.

9. faker0815

faker0815 New Member

will this problem ever be worked on?

10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

No one knows