1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow--AI much improved in 1.1.3.5!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by stlutz, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

My experience was quite the opposite. Full race weekend multiclass (Dpi, GTE and GT3). I was in the Corvette GTE, 105% AI 50% agression.

Practice and Qualy was very close in lap times, really hard to get pole position, I needed to use soft tyres for that. But in the race, AI was 3 seconds a lap slower than me, and around 6 to 8 seconds off their P and Q times. I was running full tank, lean mixture for 75% of the race, and medium tyres indeed.

AI behind me was racing in a pack of three cars passing each other the full 45 min. race. The GT3 cars I was lapping tried to race me every time instead to let me a clean pass.

Other than that, the driving experience was superb: the C8 sound, the track details, the FFB were all at a really high level. I only wish Reiza can solve those AI problems tough.

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

The AI does need a lot of tweaking. They tend to not see you at all. I take Long Beach as an example. They want to follow the ideal line and don't care if you're next to them. If the ideal line tell them to go more to the right they will obey that order despite you're driving next to them.
    After a race of 8 laps I finally drove on the 2nd place until number 3 totally did not see me and drove the car full in my left rear and pushed me in an unrecoverable spin. With this sort moments I really get pissed and want to close the sim and start R3E.
    Other than that this update is a great step in the right direction. :D

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting how different the experience are and in which dimension:
    At Daytona I did a multi-class race, too. DPi, GTE, GT3, GT4, GT5. Me in a DPi.
    In P and Q AI was quite slow. In P, without any practice with that car and that track, after some laps I was in 1st. Pole, no problem, more than 1sec. faster. In race, it was very close and I had good fights with AI.
    Unfortunately I didn't recognize that a car was on inside in turn 1 of the oval. So I had contact and spun :(.
    Till the end I could catch 2 DPi cars. My and AI's fastest lap were at the same level.

The unconstant AI is bothering and needs further improvements. But overall the AI feels really good and is much more fair (but not too fair) than it was in earlier times or AMS1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jascha

Jascha New Member

Try using Crew Chief CrewChief Forums

But I like the AI they are racing door to door. But yes AI will always need some work.

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks!
    Or the other way, next time using mirror and turning head :)

6. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just had a couple of races at Long Beach and the AI were excellent in terms of being aware of me and avoiding me - 2 completely clean races. It may be that how well they behave varies a bit from car to car but all good in the Opala 86.

They twitch and flinch a lot to ensure they avoid contact but don't lose speed because of it, so although it looks unnatural, it makes for good racing. They're very aggressive in trying to put their nose up your inside going into corners but I've found, unless I just don't see them coming and turn into them, it's usually pretty clean (again, maybe varies from car to car).

The next big improvement I'd like to see would be them blocking more aggressively, as they're all a bit too easy to take on the inside going into corners,

There's still a lot of formation of packs, all going at the same speed all race, so hopefully this can be ironed out.

And hopefully eventually a few more errors, incidents and DNFs amongst the AI, not involving the human player, just to add a bit more drama and realism to proceedings.

• Agree Agree x 2