1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can add 10 tracks to AMS2 and that's it - which ones?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gabriel "Pai" Legnini, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In no particular order I wanted tracks that are mainly US focused because I think the US has some of the best tracks in the world (bias I know) and that can be used for sportscar endurance racing as those are the types of cars I like to drive the most.

1. Le Mans
    2. Sebring
    3. Road Atlanta
    4. Fuji Speedway
    5. Mid Ohio
    6. Detroit Belle Isle
    7. Mosport Park
    8. Lime Rock Park
    9. Sonoma
    10. Portimao

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which Detroit? Belle Isle or Downtown?

3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

I have changed my vote from Indianapolis to Macau. I will be tagging all people who voted for Indianapolis to remind them of this, so they can change them to a new option if they want to, and keep this thread updated.

Votes up to date!

EDIT: 100 ENTRIES WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

@Seb02 @FS7 @Hector @Roar McRipHelmet @Wexodius @CaptainParallax @lsmanley @Fabian Biehne @RacingAtHome @Oubaas @HijabiKathy @Jugulador @TexasSpecial @cpcdem @Alain Fry @rafaelplacce @Haydan @Alwin Papegaaij @torsteinvh @bandqit @benvelor @deadly @Andres Garces @Bart Hendrikx @Mike1304 @JustinCase

If you have been tagged in this post, is because you participated at this thread inputting lists, and one of the locations mentioned in your wishlist was Indianapolis, which has been released by Reiza. For the sake of keeping this up to date and as useful as possible, I would like if you could please change it for another location that you would like to see added to Automobilista 2, and I will update your vote and the counts. Thank you very much.

5. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Yas Marina

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very well, you may replace my vote for Indianapolis with Atlanta Motorsports Park - mostly because it hasn't received any votes and I don't want to tamper with the balance of the top contenders at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Belle Isle!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

You may replace my Indy vote for Charade (Clermont Ferrand).

• Like Like x 2
  9. WAYNE SIMONDS

WAYNE SIMONDS New Member

Le Mans
    Sebring
    Mugello
    Road Atlanta
    Misano
    Croft
    Knockhill
    Aragon
    Paul Ricard
    Brno

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ikuconodule

Ikuconodule New Member

The obvious:
    Le Mans
    The missing American tracks:
    Sebring
    Road Atlanta
    The F1 essentials:
    Zandvoort
    Catalunya
    Hungaroring
    Zolder
    The Asia tour group:
    Sepang International Circuit
    Fuji Speedway
    Shanghai International Circuit

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

While it's a good wish, your #9 is not complying with the rules defined for this thread. Nordschleife location is already in the game, and historic layout is coming up in next big update. No Sudschleife though. If you would like to have your 10 picks computed, please pick another one. Thank you for participating, I will try to update this between tonight and tomorrow.

12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Just one more to go... just one more

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Votes updated! While I do keep Indianapolis in my spreadsheet and the votes it still has, it has been removed from the count at the OP.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Thanks for keeping this so well up to date!
    I'll be changing my vote from Indianapolis to the Hungaroring then:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Miata13b

Miata13b New Member

Pittsburgh International Racing Complex (trust me your sleeping on this one)
    Sebring
    Mid Ohio
    The Ridge
    Thunderhill
    New Jersey Motorsports Thunderbolt then Lightning

16. LVX

LVX New Member

Barcelona
    Zolder
    Bahrein
    Hungaroring
    Melbourne GP
    COTA
    Portimão
    Fuji
    Paul Ricard
    Macau

17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

18. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

My list most definitely won't be as popular as others, I have a niche of what I enjoy racing(spoiler: a majority of it is CART) so I based my list off of that.
    1. Pocono Raceway - I am from Pennsylvania, and have grown up adoring this track. It is one of the most unique oval circuits in the world, being that it's not even an oval. It's a little before the era of the Indycar content they have in the game, but still, the thrill of driving those cars around the oval would be enough for me. Also adding the fact that IMSA held a race using one of the road course layouts there for a few years in the 80s, and really the fact that there are quite a few road course layouts there would add for the people who don't enjoy only going left.
    2. Milwaukee Mile - Gateway is without a doubt my favorite track form Racin' USA Part 3(as of this writing I have driven almost 1.5k laps around it already), I love the ovals where even in high downforce Indycars you still have to use the brake and have off throttle time. So going off of that enjoyment, it only makes sense to add the Milwaukee Mile, which I would say is second in most historical Indycar tracks only being beat out by Indianapolis itself. There isn't any road course layouts for it, so it's kind of a one trick pony.
    3. Road Atlanta - Obviously very requested, and rightfully so. It is without a doubt my favorite US road course. Plus you've got the IMSA cars which race there every year. Fitting addition.
    4. Sportsland Sugo - A track I loved racing on in PC2, so it would make a good addition to it's spiritual successor.
    5. Tsukuba - A track I was introduced to all the way back in Forza Motorsport 4, loved running it on iRacing as well. Would be a fitting track for some of the slower cars such as GT4. I'm sure the Brazilian Stock Cars would be a blast there as well.
    6. Lime Rock Park - Another IMSA track, as well as just a fun shorter road course.
    7. Catalunya - Honestly, as much as many people dislike this track, I've never minded it. Sure in real life the racing sucks, but I've always enjoyed driving it in sims. Obviously the F1 connection is there, but the other GT classes in the game would surely be enjoyable around it as well. Plus you get some cool historical layouts as options.
    8. Algarve - Another PC2 track, that honestly I never really messed with on it, then F1 went there and I decided to try it out again, and man, what a great road course.
    9. AVUS - Woah there! That was a sudden change of direction! Yeah, but come on, it's freaking AVUS. You can't tell me you don't want to just rip one of the Group C cars down the straight at least once. Plus they have those 90s DTM cars in game, so you could have the later layout without the banking for those.
    10. Portland - Another historical US track, especially for CART. One of my favorite tracks to drive in sims in any car. It seems so simple in design but it just works, which is what makes it great.

• Like Like x 2
  19. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Long time reader, first time contributer here ;)

My list is pretty F1-biased but with a little more in mind. Here are my 10 tracks in no particular order:

- Le Mans: this one doesn't really need any explanation, does it? (replaced with Sepang)
    - Sebring: Rarely driven this one anywhere but I remember it being in Total Immersion Racing, my first racing game, which I actually got out of a cereal box back in the day. Always enjoyed it very much there.
    - Zandvoort: Modern Grand Prix circuit that suits lots of cars and has classic layouts
    - Barcelona: same as Zandvoort (replaced with Detroit Belle Isle)
    - Hungaroring: same as Zandvoort
    - Paul Ricard: same as Zandvoort, plus we don't have any French circuit yet.
    - Mexico City: same as Zandvoort
    - Portimao: One of my favourite tracks in the world. So much fun to drive there. One of the best circuits built in the 2000s.
    - Surfers Paradise: We need more Australian tracks for the Super V8s, this would be my prime choice for an Australian track as it's iconic and also a classic CART venue.
    - Mugello: One of my favourites from Project Cars 2, enjoyed it so much and would love to try it again in AMS2.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Replacing Indianapolis with Zandvoort. And at 4th on the list after Le Mans, please. No idea why I omitted it in the first place.

• Like Like x 1