1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can add 10 tracks to AMS2 and that's it - which ones?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gabriel "Pai" Legnini, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Would it then be possible to import circuits present in Project cars? I haven't seen this video about Brno but it could be great news. PC2 has excellent RX tracks, Sonoma, Ruapuna... and PC3 has Bahrain, Yas Marina, Zandvoort...

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

My guess is yes, but we still need to wait until someone comes out with a tool and/or guide on how to do it

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It would be great. Looking forward to having information on this subject one day or not ... The tracks are the added value in my opinion

4. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

I would say, due to the predominance of historic F1 cars in game, that rounding out the missing tracks for vintage F1 seasons would be my priority. I'm not counting historic versions of tracks already in game as new tracks (just assume I'd prefer appropriate historic versions of the tracks listed below and the ones already in game). So these are the new ones I'd like to see:

Zandvoort
    Mosport
    Montjuïc
    Rouen
    Mexico City
    Paul Ricard
    Detroit
    Hungaroring

And a couple of extra legendary venues:

Le Mans
    Indianapolis (Oval)

• Like Like x 4
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

1. Oschersleben
    2. Hungaroring
    3. Le Mans
    4. Zandvoort
    5. Norisring
    6. Fuji
    7. Dijon
    8. Lausitzring
    9. Mugello
    10. Sebring

I think tracks like the Hungaroring, Mugello or Fuji that are suited to all almost types of different cars available would really add a lot to the game, as well as a few more "specialized" tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which Detroit? Downtown or Belle Isle?

7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Votes updated! We have reached 50 inputs, let's keep them coming! :)

8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Phew.....difficult one.

- Potrero de los Funes (because it's south american and has a great layout and scenery)
    - Portland (CART raced there and it fits to many series present in AMS2)
    - Sebring (all time classic)
    - Mexico (historic and modern variant)
    - Surfers Paradise (CART + V8 Supercars)
    - Salzburgring
    - Mugello
    - Bahrain (with all configs)
    - Road Atlanta
    - Indianapolis (Oval + Road)

• Like Like x 2
  9. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Downtown - the one used for F1 in the 80's (so an 80's historic one plus the one getting used for IndyCar next year)

• Like Like x 1
  10. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

I'll probably be very IndyCar with my picks. Aiming for both 90s CART and modern with some other circuits which would add to the game.

Indianapolis (Including 2000-2007 Road Course)
    Mid Ohio
    Portland
    Exhibition Place (Pre and Post 2016)
    Belle Isle (Including Original layout)
    Twin Ring Motegi
    Bahrain International Circuit
    Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
    Surfers Paradise (Modern and CART)
    Norisring

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wheelspin

Wheelspin New Member

Finally joining the forum to post in this thread. This is a fun exercise. It’s challenging to properly balance selecting your personal favorites, making the game feel complete, and introducing variety with only 10 tracks.

First, the ‘high prestige’ category:
    1. Indianapolis—The oldest race of the Triple Crown of Motorsport. Seems weird to have all these American open-wheel cars and no Indianapolis to race them on. The infield circuit could have at least three alternate layouts (old F1, motorcycle, and current IndyCar/NASCAR/future IMSA layout)
    2. Circuit de la Sarthe—The second oldest race of the Triple Crown of Motorsport and with 'Azure Circuit' and Indianapolis, we now have the Triple Crown in AMS2. It would be cool if it could be included in a future DLC with some of the new Hypercars next year.
    3. Sebring—With Daytona and Circuit de la Sarthe, this completes the Triple Crown of Endurance racing. Also, it’s just a great track to drive in a sim. Possibly the best flat circuit in the world. Like Circuit de la Sarthe, could be added alongside the new Hypercars.

Next, more ovals for an anticipated NASCAR DLC (Racing USA pt. 4):
    4. Bristol Motor Speedway—AMS2 needs a short oval and also could use another high-banked oval to go with Daytona. This one usually tops, or comes in near the top of, lists of best/favorite NASCAR tracks and its night race is legendary. Has a dirt configuration too, should that ever become a thing in AMS2.
    5. Charlotte Motor Speedway—Now AMS2 needs an intermediate oval. This one hosts the second most important NASCAR race, the Coca-Cola 600, and hosted an IndyCar race in the past. Plus, few people seem to hate it the way they do other intermediates (Texas. . .). Also has a ‘roval’ configuration with its infield circuit that’s currently used by NASCAR (so we get two NASCAR tracks in one here). I think Bristol and Charlotte combined with the ovals already announced or already included give a good feel for the subtle variety of oval racing, highlighting different track lengths and turn banking.

Finally, looking to fill some gaps that exist in the game:
    6. Hermanos Rodríguez/Mexico City—Since AMS2 is the de facto Americas racing sim, it’s odd not to have any Mexican tracks. Has a current f1 layout, some historic F1 layouts, and even an oval.
    7. Fuji—Hosts the most important endurance race in Japan, in addition to two rounds each of Super Formula and Super GT, making it arguably more important to Japanese racing than even Suzuka. Plus, Japan has such a rich motor racing history it deserves more than one track. The historic layouts are a must here since the current layout sadly butchers Fuji’s character with its twisty third sector. The 1970s version is a super fun track in sims, and the ‘90s version does a nice job of preserving its character while making it safer for real racers.
    8. Guia Circuit/Macau—There aren’t too many street circuits in AMS2 and we could use some more Asian tracks, so this one works for both of those aims. This is essentially a Chinese track too and is much more interesting than the grade one and grade two tracks that China has. Hosts a famous F3 race—so could be good if lower formula cars were added—and touring cars.
    9. Bahrain—There are no tracks in the Middle East in AMS2 and the game could use a modern F1 circuit. Unfortunately, most Middle Eastern and modern F1 tracks are pretty bad for racing. This one is an exception and is one of the few Tilke tracks that are a highlight of the current F1 calendar (I guess COTA’s the other, but I think it’s overrated). Has the outer ring configuration and a few club layouts.
    10. Pukekohe—Too many tracks and not enough spots! It would be interesting to have another African track, but there just aren’t that many to choose from. AMS2 could use more street circuits, more Asian circuits, there are still lots of good tracks in Europe and North America not included, and probably some more hidden gems in South America (apologies in particular to Potrero de los Funes). But, I’ve been having some fun the V8 supercar lately and notice there really aren’t that many Supercars Championship circuits in the game (only Bathurst and Adelaide), so let’s get another Supercars track and add another country (New Zealand) while we’re at it.

Bonus Wildcard:
    Charade—Hosted F1 Grands Prix a few times in the ‘60s and early ‘70s. Once known as the French Nürburgring, it's a great undulating track that twists through the hills around an extinct volcano. Sort of like Spa in that its modern layout on a fully permanent circuit keeps the character of the original track (I actually prefer it to the layout F1 ran on). I’ve played it as a mod for Race 07 and adore it. I don’t expect to ever see it as an official release in a sim since it’s fallen into obscurity (I believe it only hosts club days now), but I would be thrilled if it were.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

1. Watkins Glen Grand Prix Circuit 1956-1971
    2. Sebring
    3. Bridgehampton
    4. Riverside
    5. Mid-Ohio
    6. Indianapolis
    7. Daytona
    8. Lime Rock
    9. Estoril
    10. Dijon-Prenois

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Estoril is already in game, but named "Cascais":whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Really? How did I miss that? LOL! :p

In that case, substitute Albert Park for Estoril on my list.

I spend almost all of my time in Brazil, racing Brazilian series. I guess it's time to expand my horizons in-game and try out the non-Brazilian stuff.

Thanks for pointing that out! :)

15. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Hmmm, it's a tough call, but I have some ideas, in mostly no particular order
    1. Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, it's a historic venue for F1, it's also hosted most types of racing, and it has a bonus of a short oval layout
    2. Sentul International Circuit, something obscure, most people haven't heard of which is a strong point of AMS2, but was designed for F1 and is suitable for a wide variety of motorsport
    3. Homestead-Miami Speedway, it has multiple very distinct oval version in its past, and it has an infield road course that is of solid use, and its a size of oval not presently represented
    4. Yas Marina Circuit, big showy Tilkedrome, the most visually impressive one of them, in a region we have no other circuits in AMS2, and is another track for the Super V8s that they've actually been to.
    5. Sebring International Raceway, does it really need an introduction? It's home to one of the great endurance events for a reason, give us the bumps
    6. Palanga Circuit, okay this one is just because it's a bit of an odd track, it's a bit obscure, but also it's something I've not seen elsewhere, and i think it'd be fun to have
    7. Surfer's Paradise, street circuit on the beach, highly abuseable kerbs, home to Supercars and CART
    8. Circuit Paul Ricard, a circuit with a long history in F1, a very distinct visual appearance, and we somehow don't have any French tracks yet
    9. Circuito de Guia, this one just for the sheer spectacle of Macau, would the racing there be good? Probably not. Would it be fun? Yes. Will someone try to see if Copa Truck can handle the hairpin? Of course!
    10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway, saving possibly the best for last of my wishlist, It's Indy, that's almost all the reason that is needed, but it provides another oval, it also provides another track for the F-V10, and we have 1995 CART, let them fly at the Speedway

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I just want LeMans and Indianapolis to complete my favorite tracks. Isle of Man could be the base of a Bikes DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Time for me to vote:
    1) Le Mans (this is a no brainer... All sims should include it)
    2) COTA
    3) Mid Ohio
    4) Lime Rock Park (this is a Great short track in a great setting)
    5) Mexico City
    6) Indy (I mean, what's the point of including Indy cars in the game if not, however, not my favorite track)
    7) Mugello (I have recently come to really like this track, although overtaking is limited)
    8)Texas Motor Speedway (just because you are including a speedway version of the INDY cars and they dont race them at Daytona. Should have at least 3 speedways to have a championship)
    9) Barcelona (you should simply include all the F1, and INDY car tracks so people can follow the seasons)
    10) Sonoma

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Thanks for the latest inputs, have not updated the vote counts recently, but will do soon, I have not forgotten about this and been following :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Watkins Glen and Daytona won't count in this vote either, both locations are already there, even if the layout you would want is not. Already took Estoril as Albert Park though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Votes updated! Top 4 remains unchanged, but the rest of the Top 10 has seen some movements as recent votes saw a change of trend. I'm glad Indianapolis is inside Top 10 again, it was weird to see it out.

• Like Like x 1