1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your wishes for RX cars?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Seb02, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello,
    We know the Rally Cross will be coming in Automobilista 2. I think the RX was pretty well done in Project cars 2 and I liked it. I also liked that SMS brought a "Road" configuration to these RX cars: On non-RX circuits, it was amazing. I hope reiza will do the same.
    What would be your RX car wishes for AMS2?
    Mine are :
    - VW POLO RX
    - Honda Civic GRC
    - Ford Focus RX
    - Peugeot 208 RX

• Like Like x 2
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Four classes, and I'm trying to keep these wishes as realistic as possible:
    1. Modern Supercars (e.g. VW Polo RX) - or - Group E (Nitro FC1X electric RX) for single player high-adrenaline action
    2. Small and not overpowered 4WD (e.g. Osbergs RX Lite from PC2) for multiplayer without too much chaos - the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo in AMS1 feels a little too large for many of the tight RX tracks, but we might get it anyway… Nevertheless, I'm hoping for something that works as good as the RX Lite worked in PC2
    3. Crosskart (Formula Dirt in AMS1)
    4. Vintage / Classic RX with FWD and controllable liftoff oversteer. A good candidate is the 1965 Mini, although I think the perfect handling balance is how the Copa Uno feels to drive on dirt in AMS1, while the vintage Mini in other Rally / Rallycross sim racing games has felt a little too wibbly-wobbly for my taste.
    I'm also excited to learn how well the current ARC Camaro will work on RX tracks, as it would fit the tracks and the type of racing very well, provided that the tires are driveable on dirt.

The Division 1 and Division 2 specials from the late 80s / early 90s would be awesome, but I don't see this as being very probable because the brands and licenses don't fit well with what's currently in AMS2.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

When racing in the dirt, just Group B it! It's in the Holy Bible... true fact

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Frankly, in the last part of that era in rallycross (roughly from 1990 to 1992), those retired Group B Evolution 2 cars that raced in Division 2 had been modified so much that they were closer to being hillclimb specials than Group B… and several of them went on to race in hillclimb after the 1993 RX regulation changes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the one DLC I'm looking forward to the most for this title.

I'm praying Reiza will do it right and will bring a good amount of content and not just 2 or 3 tracks like the ovals DLC with a lancer, some old Brazilian beetle and a truck.

1. Osberg RX Lite was fantastic in PC2 and have found the lesser powered cars in other titles to have some of the best dirt racing.....VW Beetle lite iRacing :)
    2. Modern RX
    3. Trophy truck version

I also hope when they release the DLC they improve and do the mp portion properly with a practice, qualifying and heats unlike PC2 which only had 2 sessions, yet had all the sessions available in single player? ......it completely killed any chance of creating a online RX community right from the start.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ideal picks:

• 2010's Supercars
    • FC1X (aka Group E)
    • Osbergs RX Lite
    • SxS
    • Modified street cars/Grassroots class
    • Group B classics

As much as I want to see the FC1X in a sim, it's been a target divisive car in it's own series and its draw is limited (just look at the comments under every NitroRX stream). I personally enjoy watching these cars and I expect they'd be fun to drive. It's a shame they get so much hate for what is a brilliant designed car.

Ironically, barely any series outside of the regional RX championships still use Supercars, but I expect that's what will get more attention. Ideally, I would like the M-Sport and Osbergs Fiesta RX variants, but AMS2 still doesn't have any Ford licensed content. I know the Polo is heavily rumored and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the GRC Beetle. Ultra-Fusca anyone? :whistle: As someone who followed US rallying and RX over the past few years, I'd personally love to see a version of Vermont Sportscar's Subaru's. It's a stretch, but it's a cool chassis.

IMG_0880 (1).jpg

Outside of the obvious picks like the Osbergs RX Lite, I would love to see some "grassroots" rally/RX cars. Personally I love clips of Finnish/Swedish folk racing, seeing these absolute beaters just thrashed around on track. It reminds me of the Copa Fuscas and how much fun slow cars can be.

One of the things I love about the ARA is the crazy assortment of cars people bring. Of course you see the typical E30's, Subies, 86/BRZ, etc., but you occasionally get ridiculous things like a fox-body Mustang or V8 swapped RX-7.

IMG_1220.jpg

100% agree on this. A medium powered RX car is a necessity. While I'm not the biggest fan of the physics quirks of the iRacing Beetle GRC Lite (it feels like it's always on the verge of rolling itself on tarmac), it provides an easily accessible car. Just enough power to feel fast, but not too much to light up all four out of every corner.

Agreed, there has to be a way of having practice and quali sessions. iRacing has a good solution of treating the start grid as the pits and disabling collisions. Most RX tracks do this to stage a race while one is finishing up, but it's a simple solution that works. Individual single/double lap quali would also be useful on ovals, where quali is currently a battle of who can find the best tow/draft. Ideally I would like a heat structure as well, but it hardly gets used even over in iRacing. I doubt how many people would be patient enough to sit through a full semi-final, LCQ bracket.

Personally, I mostly care about fun tracks and a few good cars. I would even be happy with a good fictional location that has 4-5 separate layouts so to get more out of less content. I love the classics like Daytona RX, Hell, Lydden, etc., but tracks like PC2's Wildcrest and some of iRacing's RX track layouts that were never actually used IRL are fun as well.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Jugulador

Never underestimate lol

BONUS:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It seems fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some absolute madman ran an AWD Beetle in the 80's against the Quattro's.

It would be interesting to see a range of Fuscas from grassroots to the Andretti run Beetle. :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jugulador

Nowadays, folks tend to associate racing in the dirt only to WRC, RX and hillclimb, but there is a huge universe of dirt racing, usually involving completely mundane vehicles.

AMS2 already have content to do that. Just let any of their car to be raced in the dirt. Maybe with some more well fitted tires at some cases (as with cars that don't have all weather tires).

Reiza don't need to just go into the obvious... add a dirt oval, a farm improvised track (as with the videos posted) and simple things like that. Just look at Wreckfest... that thing is amazing and was even better before get nerfed... now, try to imagine that kind of racing with Reiza's "version" of Madness Engine.

Personally I believe that most of the folks could have better races with low end cars in slower tracks than with some 5.000.000.000 HP hillclimb stage that only a couple of aliens will properly drive.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Reiza has stated that there will be at least one Adrenaline pack, likely more. So I think we'll see one pack dedicated to mixed-surface RX, one dedicated to dirt racing (but I don't know if they plan any dirt oval racing), and possibly one for Stadium Supertrucks, drifting, or similar stuff brought over from AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jugulador

I beat that Reiza will bring content much alike AMS1, maybe one or another different stuff.

Everything I said in this topic was more about wishful thinking than predictions. Personally, really don't know if Reiza staff read topics like this lol.

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Mini is the best! :D It looks cool and drive pretty good... like Mini!

• Like Like x 1
  14. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

This topic is about the cars, and since I thought people would start discussing tracks as well, I made a corresponding thread where we can discuss tracks:
    Your wishes for RX tracks?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jugulador

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1