1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, i run into that one fairly regularly

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. I don't recall seeing that bug in PC2.

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If this, than also this beautiful / ugly beast....
    Marcos Cars:
    maxresdefault.jpg b36d5447932679aaead3f3e407c9a589.jpg OIPJZJPL4LP.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice choice but how does the driver see over the bonnet? No wonder they put a cushion on the seat...

5. alink

don't know, maybe a secret?

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh, seems I am really waiting for new championships, regulations and custom tool to arrive. I am playing less and less MP. Football Manager and Diablo aren't helping either, haha. I feel a bit sad for my setup. It needs more love.

Keep it up, Reiza. I dearly want to race the new AI and also have some great championship fun. Hope for some sort of Ironman-mode to simulate MP; no restarts etc

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

CP2077 releases tomorrow :) It's already pre loaded on my PC (bar the day 1 patch) . So this will take my mind away from Sim racing.for a while, maybe this is for you also?
    I already turned off surround :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

Are there any news about the historic track pack?
    As mentioned in the dev road map, there should have been a release in November as well as the GroupC.
    OK, in this Nov. dev update there were some news about GroupC but I can't find anything about track pack. I'm really interessted in because the vintage / historic content is what I use most, it is the best:)
    Does anybody know what the historic track pack will consider of? Several tracks in AMS2 have a historic version already so I wonder what it will contain....

• Like Like x 2
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have asked the same question - and I cant remember if I figured it out myself or was told that besides of the new Spa (!) then the comming historic tracks will be missing historic versions of allready published AMS2 tracks.

10. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I find that all a bit vague, "historic versions of allready published AMS2 tracks"

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Scraper

I remember reading something about Cascais (Estoril) having a historic version, fingers crossed. :)

12. alink

Yes, me, too. Estoril, Jerez, Spa and Nürburgring historic were announced once.
    But I wonder: Osterreichring / Spielberg, Montreal, Imola, Hockenheim, Silverstone, Interlagos, Rio, Kyalami, Adelaide, all have one or more historic versions.
    The only missing are Monaco :))) and BrandsHatch additional to the above mentioned. The other lovely brazilian tracks don't have a significant historic layout. Except RIO. Here the last (and meanwhile historic) layout is missing. Maybe it comes back?
    A great suprise would be a historic track pack which contains all tracks from the good old GPL. But this is fantasy....I think.

But there are no official news? Not even about a delay? -Strange-

13. Scraper

Given the size of Reiza, the pace of development and the pandemic, I will be pleasantly surprised if there is more than a handful of historic tracks in the DLC. Having said that, I will be grateful for anything in that line. With enough old tracks, AMS2 could almost advertise itself as two different sims.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. alink

Let's wait and see....
    But everything they do is always a surprise. So I am crossing all my fingers doubletimes :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont need the tracks now, i Just dont like a surprise. I like most of the work Reiza does, so it wil be oke.

16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

That makes sense to me, historic versions of some of the tracks in the base game.

They've hinted at 3 in previous comms (Monaco 88, Cascais 88, Kyalami 92) - can read more in this thread: Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread)

I would quite like an official one line update on the Group C and Historic pack though, guessing it will have priority early next year - it's really not important but would be nice to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like we have and will be getting a lot of content for the 1988 season... and therefore maybe also get a Senna vs. Prost F1 Championship mode sometime thereafter...

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We've been waiting many years for this already, as that was hinted for the original AMS 2 talked about back in the day before it was called AMS 2 or the Madness Engine had ever been contemplated.

19. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Slight issue that I noticed today when trying a few setups from TT.
    It seems that even though the game/cars have progressed in certain ways, FFB/Physics/Tyres etc, the existing times/setups in TT are still the same as when set.
    So when racing a ghost/downloading tunes, you have no idea whether it was V1 or V1.6 when set
    I think they need removing/a total wipe of the Lbs/TT.
    Either when you feel as though we are at a decent way down the line (car/physics), or a wipe/reset as and when you update per car.
    Otherwise we have very weird things going on where the cars seem either very fast, have way too much grip or are totally undriveable depending on when/which patch the setup/time was set.
    Cheers Reiza.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah big problem :rolleyes:
    I constantly up my positions on the LBs for F-Reiza and lately for F-V10-G1 - and more or less without setup changes I still use setups created about ½ a years ago.:whistle:

At the same time I have been advocating (in a lot of posts) that creating setups is a very simple process if you use a little brain power.
    Or rather if you take the default setups and (maybe) change 1-3 minor settings.:cool:
    One to three the man said :whistle:

The proof of the pudding is my reasonable positions on the LBs.:D
    And a maybe more objective proof is to grab some of the top drivers setups and compare them with the default setups.
    Mostly there is extremely small changes.
    So oppinions demanding all LBs need to be deleted does actually only reveal that holders of such oppinions doesnt have a clue about how small part of a fast laptime is dependend of the setup.;)