1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Seriphyn

Seriphyn New Member AMS2 Club Member

STILL can't do mandatory pit stops on timed races, even though the functionality works in preset championship races (pit window is around middle of race). Can't do it in the new custom championship mode either.

AI STILL pitting at end of 2nd lap when tyre/fuel multiplier is set to 5x. Just make them start the race with a full tank.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

This is key. This design choice alone is a vast improvement on how pCARS2 did Real Weather. In pCARS2, Real weather meant weather progression was set as standard - that is, each "slot" would last an hour. So you would hardly ever get any change in weather.

With this change, if you simulate a 24 hour endurance race in 2 hours, you could get multiple weather changes that the player doesn't know are coming. And that's the point. Part of the game is being able to adjust to weather changes - but if the player is playing god and knows which weather is coming next, and when, and puts a huge damper on this feature.

Question. How does the game acquire the weather data? Does it use a free service like google? A contract service? pCARS2 no longer receives real weather data - it just gives you sunny weather if you choose it. Will the same happen with AMS2?

Also, is the game constantly checking what the real weather is? (unlikely). Does it check once at the start of the session, and fill in the weather slots based on the forecast? Does it use 4 slots and then cycles between those 4? Does new weather slots get filled in as time goes by?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, would you be so kind to drop these here?
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

It's the best way to have it covered without getting lost in this constant flow of posts and it seems quite important.

Please understand, that such a big project also can't adress every issue at once and there is STILL a lot of time left! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

OpenWeather (and Reiza own adjustments, if there are reported discrepancies for a date)

It's actually mentioned in the credits. :whistle:

5. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update! Love it! Went to the F1 Hockenheim wet race date from 2019 and was not dissapointed. 10/10 sick elements to a sick sim

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seriphyn

Seriphyn New Member AMS2 Club Member

VR reset position for Dpi and at least the GTE Corvette is wrong.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha what an iconic race to check. I'm thinking about checking Interlagos during Brazilian GP 2008

8. CrimsonEminence

IS THAT GLOCK???

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome! Racin’ USA Pt1 is so good. And as someone who lives in the Long Beach area and drives those streets regularly you nailed it! And that includes all species of trees:).

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the description is wrong. Needs to be the other way around

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I think I am in need of an extra camera option. I play in VR and have "World Movement" set to 0 because I cant stand having my head fixed to the dash, especially on bumpy roads. This however means that the banked curves of Daytona are very weird as your head does not bank with the road.

Almost need "World Movement" to be split into 2 settings.. a "world Movement up/down" and a "world movement banking" settings. None of the other camera "Tilt" options alleviate this weird bank curves sensation.

Thoroughly enjoying the new patch though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

note for all:
    In your frantic search for a faster download, don't change the country of the Steam server, when you have already downloaded 50% of the patch, I'reset and starts all over again.
    F***

13. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fark me what an update!

Love all the new content, particularly Laguna which has always been one of my fave US tracks. All the cars are just monsters, look and drive beautifully and the sounds are absolutely stunning. I'm really loving the new road and kerb noises, and since they seem to apply to all cars the Lancers no longer screech like a barrel full of monkeys. Yahoo!

The seasonal fx are stunning - Spa in winter is a particular standout. The shadow improvements are noticeable and at least on my box I didn't need to turn the shadow settings down.

Thanks for fixing the Ginetta GT4 display issue, but this car has now lost its tyres in external view on Test Day (OK in races).

Thanks to Renato and the team for yet another incredible month's effort, which has really pushed AMS2 to a fantastic place. And thanks to the beta testers and feedback submitters too!

OK can't type more, got more driving to do...

• Like Like x 5
  14. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Just tried real weather at Donnigton with GT4...light rain, wet track which was drying as it got run in. Fantastic. DTM 90 at Speilberg Historic....Winter - brown grass, 4 degrees, damp track with puddles and fog in the low spots. Spring....green grass, 24 degrees, damp track which was drying. Awesome work. Like the GT4 BMW too.
    A question...on wets and with a dry line appearing, can you cool your tyres by driving in the wet?
    Great work, Reiza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I saw people got a 7.2gb update but mine was only 6gb, why would that be?

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Before going for a full wipe/install just delete your Automobilista2 folder inside Documents one as suggested by Devs.
    Looks like UI and text (and Dedi too) are the worst nightmare for Reiza, text and UI need fixes since day one lol

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Text is old and therefore wrong

• Like Like x 1
  18. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Yes, this is what I had in mind with one of my first ever posts on this forum. I was blasted back then, but this is it, its 80% of the way past the accessibility and the simulation-ness of what I was explaining - which is by no means instructional, but I saw what I see now there's no other game doing this in this vein - with such meaty steering and meaty force feed back. Blast away. You'll only be blasting yourself.

All the changes made, whatever they be I approve of. This is really good. We're actually going out to buy a rug now lol but my partner played it for about of the hours this morning. It was hard to get her off. I have gone across all new content/features and to indicative old tracks and cars. I especially like the way the cars make sliding sounds now at imola for example (the gen 1,2,3 f1-reiza's).

There is a realness and movability to these big hunks of metal in GTE which is phenomenal and across all my titles there is nothing like this. The driving model/physics has truly come into its own now. Rf2 and rrre and the others - this is closer to the smoothness and 'roundedness' of something like dirt 2. This is world class.

As a prep to this patch I was banging on rf2 and r-room etc, and I think this patch with how meaty the driving is and how good the sounds are, and the way things light up at night which is what I have been looking for that neon glow and city/asphalt/tarmac smell-feel (i even made such a suggestion somewhere like in other titles; but I know a dlc theme like that may be too much fantasy), well now its like you can reach out and touch the road in some of the images, and the car movement and deceleration/acceleration is adding to that. VR must be something else, from what I have seen.

I also didn't expect to see, but did like the standardization of the setup values into single whole, smaller numbers for a lot of the items. And engine braking and all those little things real cool.

The title is doing exactly "what it says on the tin", so this has got to bode well for everything after this point. Not only is the title accessible and functions logically now, but the driving follows in the same way and its easier than ever (but I have some skill, ya know...) but not arcade-like, to hit those apexes where the margin for error is thinner, and the braking-distance did improve, and things related aero, sliding, crashing, control.

This patch has to be an A+, other sims watch out I reckon; there has not been such a transformative/big jump update like this in years from a sim; and those never covered this amount of distance, surely. AMS2 has far more meat on its bones than at the stage last year where everyone had slotted it into its little Pidgeon hole and thrown a label on it. And the re-playability went up several notches too. If you had to plot this on a graph, you would put it well within the 80-90th percentile or more based on a large combination or range of things; meaning how anyone could say this title wasn't its steam rating now (90+%) would be beyond me. This is now a 95+% title. If it was cool before then its really cool now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  19. Andres Garces

Andres Garces New Member

I need HEPL! I'm having a problem with the game. Whenever I try to play with my G29 the game won't open, just freezes on the "Reiza" screen and when I try to run the game without the G29 it works fine.

I tried to open the game without the wheel and then connect it while playing, but right when I open the Logitech G Hub the game freezes and crashes... HELP ME PLEASE

The problem came with this update. I'm so frustrated. I bought the season pass today to play with the DLC content, and now I'm not able to play with my steering wheel.

20. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Ok, try somethign I did a long time ago, unistall the wheel, delete documents, yeah all of it, or at least the controler file... then launch the game so it makes a fresh set.

Then exit game then go back in once you have reinstalled your wheel. If you have a separate pedal set, do not attach that, perhaps. I think the game has just tripped itself up, surely, unless this is a bug and NOT a configuration error. So at least try to get into the game with a fresh config set/files, then play with controller maybe a little, then put your wheel back into the system...one thing at a time, wheel second/ pedals last (if applicable)