1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did not know that, haven't heard of that bug before, good to know though

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I expect a tap on the arse happens rl, ai here much the same?
    On the AI subject and Bathurst.
    Wills been at it again and a great example.
    + I just love the mans videos

Thanks to Will @Boosted Media

• Like Like x 5
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No, it's not the normal bumps/taps that we should expect in tight quarters (Long Beach hairpin being another classic example)...it's when an AI seems to momentarily lose track of us, the car in front of them, and not only rubs a bit, but continues to drive forward as if we are not there. It turns a small rub/bump into a complete disaster because as the player we end up "pit manoeuvred" into a spin or pushed into a wall or off the edge of the track as the following AI ignores our presence.

It doesn't happen often (certainly not every time as you can see the overall great AI behaviour in the video here). But when it does, it is a shocker and it would be great if we can help document under what circumstances it occurs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maser V6

:)Yes I do agree Mark and long beach I now avoid with more than 6 AI for same reason.

'The punt at Hock modern was as bad almost as the worsed of the idiot that took out several'

I posted above re AI in beta whilst viewing reply of AI and players. The ai in this instant 1 of many we all still see, is /was out of order. I actually thought it was a player till I checked.
    i think we all have seen things with ai, I posted Wills vid as a contrast and to show its not all bad.
    We know in time the % of good will prevail.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes that is a bugbear of mine, would like look left right to be instant in all cas'es

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

See, this is my problem. This seems rare for people, but it happens quite often for me. I raced at Jerez, Nurburgring GP and others and encounter this quite often in GT3/GTE. Same as being rammed on the inside corners. I tried aggression all the way from 0 to 85 and it does not stop this behaviour or even remotely change it. I am not braking hard unexpectedly.. I am not diving into tight gaps.. none of this and yet these issues happen quite often as well as being raced completely off the track. I would say in at least 40% of my races , one or all of these things happen (even with aggression slider at 0)... and as I have shown, I find it very frustrating.

I have never encountered this in the wet mind you, but the AI are pretty slow in the wet under the same settings so not sure if that means much.

7. Maser V6

Sadly its not as rare as it could be.
    Like this?
    #2567 bug thread
    As Reinterated by Mark, Devs need details, as a bug post/report or if applicable AI post #1
    Its severity is track specific, as Will @Boosted Media in the video and also Remco Hitman's videos show, both at Bathurst, + other tracks they can be super, I to have questioned player driving style as both players show exceptional respect to ai as they would humans, we would have to ask them if they have the same issues we do. (Likely I think but unconfirmed) Will? any thoughts

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Mine is assigned to the left "analogue stick" on the CSL F1 wheel. I'll try a keyboard button just to test to see if the assigned button actually makes a difference.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's strange that some people see the sideways darting behaviour a lot while others see it rarely. I would put the aggression at 60 and then run some tests, e.g.:
    • How many AI are you running? Is their behaviour the same for 10, 15, 20, 25 AI?
    • How fast/slow are the AI compared to your lap times (when not in traffic)?
    • Is the game running smoothly at all times or are you seeing slowdowns/speedups?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marc Collins

How close are your lap times in P session to the fastest two or three AI?

11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

^ maybe a video would help too..

12. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I wonder what graphical and weather settings this guy is using. It looks close to photorealism to me. My graphical settings are almost all in the maximum but I don't get those graphics. On my machine it looks very good but a bit cartoony, unlike in this video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

It's mostly his monitor/tv color calibration, and the fact that you are looking at it through a real camera, with real head movement, camera motionblur, etc. Plus half of the image on frame (his rig) is actually real. Other than that it's just vanilla AMS2 with high/ultra settings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He also uses ambient lighting that matches the prevalent colours on the monitors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. macbtz

macbtz Member

The fuel option works partially and only when they are single class races. The problem is in the difference in consumption that different cars can have, for example, do a race in NUR2020 with the GTE at 13 laps and a consumption x3 and you will see how some of the CR8 enter the pit 2 times, the rest 1 only time which is the correct thing.
    It must be a calculation error of the AI because it has the capacity to go to a stop. In any case, this would have a simple solution applying a suitable BOP for each category. Currently there is a lot of difference in consumption between the CR8 and the rest of the GTE

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Maser V6

Mm Wills kit is :eek:$100k (with headphones. No surround system yet)
    He will answer Question if you ask, he a nice guy. @Boosted Media

• Like Like x 1
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

12.20 for a IA Splistream video example.

18. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

OK it's got nothing to do with button assignments, but all to do with the camera view. Cockpit camera gives a quick glance and back while the helmet cam does this slow panning and back. It's a pity cause I like the subtle head movements and tilts with g-forces and cornering/braking/accelerating in helmet view.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Yes, the theory is that in helmet view your neck would be broken with those fast glancing movements, since it is attempting realistic head motion overall. The regular cockpit view is like any other camera, but just happens to be where your head is in the car.

I hope eventually a lot of the settings and options will get rationalized so we can mix-and-match to get exactly what we want.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone experienced an odd issue where you are racing in the dry but there are a couple of wet patches on the track that get wetter as the race goes on even though it is sunny, warm and no rain?

Another thing I noticed tonight is that the dirt buildup on the cars seems to be pre-baked as well, I raced the neutered hockenheim in the Ginetta GT4 or Supercup and and at the end of the race I noticed that the dirt buildup on either side of the car was symmetrical, found that a wee bit odd