1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You could create all sorts of background programs that automatically upload and download liveries, but as long as we're constrained by the limited number of slots and the fact that AMS2 doesn't reload the liveries without restarting the entire program makes it very cumbersome and hard to see any kind of meaningful use in online pickup racing.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oof yeah, it's tire firing a lot, if the throttle pedal goes over 70%. (and additionally if track undulations occur)

You could try decreasing power ramp angle and setting diff clutches to 6 for a test for now and maybe try lowering ARBs two clicks at the front and one click at the rear. Also higher preload at 140 Nm maybe. But it's certainly tire fire, which supports the rear engined character a lot here. Reducing rear wing could also help.
    I was making 200 R without problems, but i fully agree, that it's quite much plowing right now.

EDIT:
    My changes to mitigate it:

Preload to 140 Nm
    Diff clutches 6
    Power ramp at 50°
    Front ARB 20 N/mm
    Rear ARB 15 N/mm
    Rear wing 5.00

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone have any issues with phantom damage being repaired at pit stops? Had a GT1 race at Monza 91 and I pitted from 5th for a splash and dash and it kept me sitting in the pits for an extra 30 seconds repairing damage I did not have as hud showed no damage. Ended up coming out in 23rd.

4. CrimsonEminence

Probably engine damage. Make sure, it's turned off in the repair options of the pit strategy preset menu.

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been enjoying AMS2 immenselly with these last few updates (not that i was'nt before them, but its just got even better!), the A.I. better than ever (although still a tad slow in the wet), the interaction between the tires and track (you can even cool down wets that are getting too hot on the dry line by moving out onto the wet stuff), the damage (best damage in any major racing sim iv'e tried, takes the experience to a whole new level). And then there's tiny little details like he working gauges in cars, the working motec dash in cars that have them like GT1's, and have you noticeed that when the windscreen drys out after the rain, the wipers start squeeking over the dry screen if you forget to turn them off! Just brilliant!

Anyway Decided to run a full race at Monza with the GT3's (as I did find before the last patches they were problematic there, but are now just fine), with cahnging weather, pitstops and full damage at 200%.

I have to say the experience was just epic! Thankyou so much Reiza!

(Must point out that I did run into one bug, check the video timestamp: 25:28 1st Inccident and strange bug of cars merging (watch the other Mclaren, you may have to replay this section several times as its hard to see, but it drives through the BMW, V odd)

Apart from that, I very much enjoyed making this!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for those :) I tested them just now and it does make a difference. The car is more manageable and the only times I had to lift through 200R was when I entered the corner too late.

• Like Like x 2
  7. F1Aussie

Engine damage was also at zero.

8. CrimsonEminence

Turn off unnecessary repairs like engine etc. off anyway and see, if it makes a difference.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I've had that as well in the past. No crashes, not even contact to other cars, yet a few seconds of repair. The cars seem to accumulate wear on engine, gearbox and suspension while racing which is then being repaired in a pitstop unless repairs are turned off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

You should read the last message too.
    My answer was to someone who refered iRacing, AC and ACC.
    And btw. MOST does not mean ALL, thats true.
    If i want to say ALL, i write ALL :p

11. Tarmac Terrorist

It indeed does, especially in manual H pattern cars (even more so in older ones) if you over rev during shifting, run with not enough radiator opening, miss shift alot, this will all add up and encure damage

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. I love this feature!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yes, I had a lot of those. Even selecting no repair in the pit strategy menu, and checked that setting in the HUD menu aswell, one of the two pit stops my crew start repairing something I didn't requested, ruining my race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe explain a bit more - this is really important

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

When it comes to CUP cars, I don't think its a good way to use values that even surpass GTE use.

The Porsche 991 GT3 Cup cars in the Porsche Carrera Cup run pretty stadard LSD settings and parts.
    Friction plates 4-6 depending in LSD manufactur (ZF or Drexler)
    Preload 60-100
    Power ramp 40-50
    Coast ramp 60-65

In my opinion its the Sim that has to adapt to the RL values, not the other way around.

But, The Porsche 991 should be difficult mid corner when you are forced to "unsettle" it. The cars want you to plan ahead your way through apex. But it is also a fact that AMS2 seems to turn into yet another "understeer sim" lately, despite the high amount of toe out used in defaults.

Or... Porsche CUP and GT4 class are currently simply not in the focus of development.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. F1Aussie

It seems bizarre though doesn't it, no car damage showing on the HUD but you get stuck in pits. I always leave all the damage repairs on except brakes but don't expect to be held in pits for repairs when the HUD shows zero damage for everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. F1Aussie

Okay will try tonight

18. F1Aussie

But shouldn't that damage show on the HUD and not stay at zero?

19. F1Aussie

Had another weird bug recently on numerous occasions where if I am adjusting my strategy while in the pitlane it has not refueled my car, the litres still show but they change to red, it will still change tyres and repair damage but not add fuel

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh yeah it should. I've not run into this one yet, with it not showing that is